DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #6,588 of 13,478
Edge of the case is made by metal with leather wrapped over it

Is that TPU case available from anywhere other than Taobao? I'd be up for trying it, but it's out of stock there.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #6,589 of 13,478
wish amp3 would hurry up and get amp9 into stock

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #6,593 of 13,478
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,594 of 13,478
Neither Kann Cube, sp2000, nor the Gold Touch are using Solid wires

Cube and Gold Touch are using ribbon cables. SP2000 uses snap-in connectors, but unlike the Fiio and Ibasso mechanism, this connectors are thin and small....in the while gaining nothing of such as removable amp modules. Why removable amp modules ? AK isn’t going to develope amp modules at the speed of Ibasso and Fiio, and on top of that, each module is $899 or whatever....not $199...who is going to keep cycling them ? LOL!
Ribbon and solid cables sound the best, at least to my ears. Stranded cables are inferior, and need really good shielding, electron hopping between strands is a real thing. Again, this is how I hear it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #6,596 of 13,478
Hey guys, not much important but now and then I check the temperature of DX229 at the touch of hands, I'll have to check better but strangely on a few occasions I've noticed it was cooler when playing 192Khz/24 than 44.1/16 ??? Am I normal? (Not DX220, yes, me...) :thermometer_face: ...

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #6,597 of 13,478
wish amp3 would hurry up and get amp9 into stock

Yep with all the talk here, I gave in and wanted to check out for my 200Ti. But fed up with waiting for Adv-mp3, i ordered directly. Paid few pounds customs to DHL after TEXT message then quiet for 2 days. Now says delivery tomorrow although still showing in Hong Kong!

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #6,598 of 13,478
Great post, love reading these kind of impression posts!

I haven't yet heard my Aeon Flow with my modded AMP8 yet due to no balanced cable but I do love them, hopefully sounds great.

Can you audition Abyss Diana Phi there? Lot of people say that's an endgame-ish headphone, and I can't audition here!!
The price for Diana made me hurt, but I’ve bought them after 15 minutes of audition. I’ve bought Diana without Phi (I can’t imagine the sound of upgraded version), and they were the best headphones I’ve ever heard. After vacation I’m going to listen every song from my collection with Diana, because they become new to me)) The only sad thing, that my dx220 can’t drive Diana as it should be(

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #6,599 of 13,478
The price for Diana made me hurt, but I’ve bought them after 15 minutes of audition. I’ve bought Diana without Phi (I can’t imagine the sound of upgraded version), and they were the best headphones I’ve ever heard. After vacation I’m going to listen every song from my collection with Diana, because they become new to me)) The only sad thing, that my dx220 can’t drive Diana as it should be(

Even with the amp8 you can't drive it? Among the top tier headphones, Phi looks like the only one that is light and portable. But it's a open back!!

Sadly where i live people don't usually buy these expensive ones, so have to take the leap of faith!!

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #6,600 of 13,478
Even with the amp8 you can't drive it? Among the top tier headphones, Phi looks like the only one that is light and portable. But it's a open back!!

Sadly where i live people don't usually buy these expensive ones, so have to take the leap of faith!!
I have the regular Diana as well, was trying to decide between the Phi or not but I don’t live anywhere close to physical shops... I went with regular Diana because I read the Phi was less forgiving of recordings.
Anyway I use them with AMP5 and think they sound fantastic (only at 80 volume) maybe I listen low but I think they are driven just as well as with my Cayin HA-1A mk2 which has so much more power (I only listen at about 10oclock position).
I don’t think they are as hard to drive as people make them out to be... even my PS4 controller works okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back