DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 6, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #4,606 of 13,478
...BTW, there's a quite senior reviewer in my country, who can identify the sound characteristics based on the SD card Brand... it was tested to him on 3 years ago. He was give a try to listen from 4 different brand of SDcard, and blindfold, the SD card was shuffle and listened to him, amazingly he could point which SDCard by listening to it..
made him a legend because of that...
sorry OOT

They didn’t mention the cards had different tracks...

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #4,607 of 13,478
I have the same experience as you. Tried 3 different cables on my MBP touchbar, no success. Only works hub and any usb-a to usb-c cable.

I want to ask Paul - iBasso discuss again my earlier request.
After update to last firmware usb-c <-> usb-c cable starts to work with my MBP but unstable: I am selecting PTP file transfer mode on DAP, Android File Transfer app opens on MacBook and I'm able to transfer files. But every second occasion after some period (30-90 seconds) DX220 disconnects and reconnects back immediately in charging mode :). Again, tried all three cables I have (two genuine apple, one third-party).

Usual usb-a <-> usb-c cable works as before well, genuine iBasso and which came with Sony headphones, no any problem with stability..

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #4,611 of 13,478
Thanks for reply. I am new to DAP-Hi res music. The specification of DX 220 android 8.1. So i was confused whether we can watch Youtube on DX 220. I was advised by some one to go for HIBYr6pro to watch Youtube..

You gotta figure out your priorities, bud. If watching YT is at the top of your list and you don't want to use your smartphone, then you have to pick a dap with a faster Snapdragon or Equinox processor. Otherwise, Dx220 will do the job if you prirotise sound performance.

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #4,612 of 13,478
You gotta figure out your priorities, bud. If watching YT is at the top of your list and you don't want to use your smartphone, then you have to pick a dap with a faster Snapdragon or Equinox processor. Otherwise, Dx220 will do the job if you prirotise sound performance.

Thanks for reply. Actually I use my Plenue 2 & STAX L700+353X for music listening purpose when I am in home and have some free time. I enjoy my current setup very much. When I travel, I watch many musical videos on YT. But I cant enjoy the sound output from my smartphone(samsung 9 note) as compared to Plenue 2/STAX L700.

So interested to have some unit(either DAP or DAC stack with smartphone) to watch YT which shall provide good sound output. I thought DX 220 shall be good option for it.

I tried to search in the internet to have good slim AMPLIFIER with bluetooth two way facility which I can stack up with my smartphone. (samsung 9 note).

Can you please advise on my requirement?

Jun 6, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #4,613 of 13,478
Thanks for reply. Actually I use my Plenue 2 & STAX L700+353X for music listening purpose when I am in home and have some free time. I enjoy my current setup very much. When I travel, I watch many musical videos on YT. But I cant enjoy the sound output from my smartphone(samsung 9 note) as compared to Plenue 2/STAX L700.

So interested to have some unit(either DAP or DAC stack with smartphone) to watch YT which shall provide good sound output. I thought DX 220 shall be good option for it.

I tried to search in the internet to have good slim AMPLIFIER with bluetooth two way facility which I can stack up with my smartphone. (samsung 9 note).

I love my dx220. If you're buying it for YouTube, you'll be disappointed. Not really sure what the top performers out there for YouTube....but it's definitely not the dx220. HIBY R6 pro or m11?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #4,614 of 13,478
Okay, does anyone else have to wait an hour-and-a-half for the DX220 (in Android mode) to scan the music on a micro SD card fully? Admittedly, I’m using a 512GB card, but still, it’s nuts how the player runs like molasses at times!

My 400gb SanDisk scans in no time at all

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #4,615 of 13,478

Not sure if the DX220 is the best fit for you. You might consider the Radsone RS100 (depending on what headphone or earphone you want to drive), or the FiiO Q5mkII, or the iFi xCAN as a portable Bluetooth amping solution.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,619 of 13,478
I am glad you used the word "May" in describing the possible noise from memory cards. Certainly there is some science behind the phenomena but has anyone here actually heard such noise on any consistent basis? I certainly have not (don't claim to have superhuman/bat like hearing either though :L3000:)

<snip>

Anyways, would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced these noise issues.

I am not taking a stand on the 'card-noise' question, per se, but I did want to remark that people are more sensitive to noises and distortions than they might realize, but not necessarily in the way that they think they are/aren't.

Especially if you listen to acoustic music, natiurally recorded, played by acoustic instruments, there is a reference, i.e., the way that instrument(s) sounds when played in front of you. Noise and/or distortion in playback makes it harder for your brain to believe that the instrument itself is actually playing, in other words, it's like the so-called willing suspension of disbelief when watching a movie. Technical errors, poor writing or acting, can get in the way of your 'buying' the story line and events being depicted.....

So, when youo minimize the artifacts noises, distortions, whatever, it makes it easier to be 'fooled' into thinking the music is right there with you. (I think this is much less so for electronic music, since there is no real reference for people, just personal peferences. (Maybe the musician and recording/mixing/mastering engineer have a specific target in mind, and can tell whether they've missed it or not, and if so, by how much)--the avergare listener can;t possibly have any idea about that-just what they like or don;t like.

Know what, that's perfectly OK too.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #4,620 of 13,478
I tried YouTube before, it's okay, but not the best user experience. But the SQ though.... It was brutally revealed by DX220 how bad it was.

@fokta, just got my AMP8 delivered to me tonight.
u should try it out of the box first.... and burn in around 5 hours later... alrd quite amazed...

mine already 74 hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back