DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 16, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #3,108 of 13,478
Please use the burn-in cable at a volume you would normally listen to. Running a high volume for a prolonged period of time keeps the DX220 hotter than need be. Also it is best to have it charging rather than discharging and recharging, as this just decreases your battery cycles/life.

Thanks @Paul - iBasso for the information.
This is a great looking device, screen is a few steps above my previous DAP's
My 1st impressions on sound quality with zero burning, highly positive, can’t wait to check after burning period.

Ah, and btw, although player on Mango OS (also on Android) needs some improvements (I will post comments on the other thread later), it has been running very stable which I appreciate a lot; by other words, less bells and whistles and more assertive and stable is better for me - and sound quality above all.
Regards

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #3,110 of 13,478
If you prefer a flat/neautral sound why not get a neautral soundung headphone ?

What would be the better alternative for you? I think, Stellia is as balanced as HIFI closed cans can get. I had also AKG K872 for a while, and I don't remember it being more neutral compared to Stellia, especially in the bass lower registers.

May 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #3,112 of 13,478
image.jpg I’ve tried the online update 3 times now and it’s failed every time at a loss :frowning2:
Just tried again same issue I don’t have an SD card so can’t Download I’m at a loss

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #3,113 of 13,478
I know this will get me excommunicated from the DX220 diocese :grin:, but here are my thoughts:

While the DX220's Amp8 is burning in, I'm using my R6 Pro at work and at home. Everything runs noticeably faster on the R6 Pro than the DX220. I belong to the iPhone owners association, so I'm used to a quick and smooth user interface without hesitation or stuttering. The DX220's processor just can't keep up with the R6 Pro's.

I haven't been able to compare the (balanced) output of the two DAPs equally, because the R6 Pro has a 4.4mm jack and the DX220's Amp1 MKII (which has at least 150 hours on it) has a 2.5mm jack. I tried switching between the two using my Beyerdynamic Xelento Remote with the same 4.4mm headphone cable (plus an adapter for the DX220's Amp1 MK2's 2.5mm jack) and I couldn't hear a significant difference in sound. The DX220 did have a cleaner sound with slightly better transients, but it wasn't like the DX220 blew the R6 Pro away. (I think that clarity is the biggest strength of Sabre DACs.)

I'm hoping that once Amp8 is burned in, I can do a better comparison between the two DAPs.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #3,116 of 13,478
I’ve tried the online update 3 times now and it’s failed every time at a loss :frowning2:
Just tried again same issue I don’t have an SD card so can’t Download I’m at a loss
Just download the fw zip file into the root of internal memory and do a local upgrade

May 16, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #3,117 of 13,478
May 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #3,120 of 13,478
Picked up my DX220 today. Silly question but anyone else struggle getting a Micro SD card in?

I have the gold contacts facing up towards the screen but the card just doesn't click in. No problems using a hiby R3 or cowon p1.

Not seen any other reports but mine looks quite scratched at the back:

IMG_20190516_214926.jpg

The pic doesn't capture it very well but it looks as though its been kicked round on a hard surface. There's no cover on the back so far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back