DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 10, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #2,611 of 13,478
We have checked this out and it is Tidal.

Thank you. This will be changed in the next FW update.
Noted. TQ.

So is there a setting somewhere that would cause mango player in Android to pause or stop playing after a while? I had my dx220 plugged in and charging last night to burn in with the burn in cable. I woke up and it had stopped playing. It was set to repeat the track. So far today at work it has been fine.

Setting - Advanced - power Management?

Is it me or are there not many DX220 reviews around yet?
a gentelmen agreement said in this forum, not to give review or impressions if not pass the 150 hours Burn in...

Is there any consensus on how to calibrate the battery. Full to dead? 80% to 20%?
+1
What I know the purpose of Lithium bat is u can charge it anytime and it will not affect or create battery memory. even it conserve bat cycle.
CMIIW

Paul, can you also comment is it possible to play DSD files using Mango player? Mine player says 'Not supported format' when I'm trying to play DSD128 or DSD256.
just restart it. then try again, usually work for me

May 10, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #2,612 of 13,478
Move to appropriate thread... TQ

Attachments

• 20190511_084629.jpg
    20190511_084629.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190511_085401.jpg
    20190511_085401.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2,613 of 13,478
Hey there dsrk,

I have to correct the original comment I made about no volume drop for the EQ on - based on some additional listening and experimenting today it looks like there is a -6 dB from EQ Off to On. Tested by adjusting all 10 bands to +6 dB then turning the EQ On/Off repeatedly and did not detect any noticeable change in volume. My error was that my settings were boosting around 6 dB in the low and high frequencies and tapering in between so and I did not bother to set everything back to flat before checking for volume change - my bad and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused... So it does look like iBasso has taken a similar, okay - probably the same, approach on the DX220 as was done for the DX50 & DX90.

Now for the PEQ there does not appear to be any adjustment down prior to boost or cuts via the filter settings - tested by leaving all filters flat and turning On/Off like above with no detectible change in volume. This also provides me with some rationale as to why my original settings in PEQ were causing clipping/distortion (gee whiz - I had the equivalent of +7 dB on top of +6 dB = +13 dB in the low and high filters) and the observation that I had to drop the volume considerably for PEQ versus EQ to have a comparable listening level. Makes sense now.

We live and we learn!

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,
Thanks for taking time and checking this again.

May 10, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #2,614 of 13,478
Thanks to Lurker00 DX220-Firmware-Add-on, I was able to get UAPP from the Play store and now I am happy.
The PEQ add-on from UAPP is so much better than Mango player plus I now have access DLNA server.
You don’t get 33 Hz-16 kHz restriction, stuttering on high bit rate file, and distortion that you get with Mango player.

May 11, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #2,615 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso
Just input for future development :
1) Add the same song in Playlist, Can there be a warning that the song is already in playlist?
2) Since there's a double song in the playlist, if we want to delete one of it, DX220 deletes both.
3) Shuffle play in Mango OS, somehow it can play the song the being played 2-3 track behind
4) Yes, I found Playing DSD song, only can be heard in one side. e.g. Only right side or left side, but when played other file song, its normal Balance L/R.

TQ

edit : all above is in Pure Mango OS

edit2 :
5) just checking, if there's a bug issued about album art. I find some song is not appearing the album art.

I check the metaData, its there....
even some showing new Album art that's (I think) is not right, like picture below...
Hello fokta,

You are aware there is now a separate dedicated thread for requests like you have provided - right? Here is the link: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-current-firmware-1-09.906199/

Just in case you did not have that handy.

Cheers,
Tim

May 11, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #2,616 of 13,478
Did you guys get a order/shipping confirmation when ordering from the Ibasso website? Sorry getting anxious
I received my email confirmation and tracking information within about 24 hours of placing my order the day they went on sale on their website. If I recall correctly there were several others that reported similar information. Ordered on April 28th and arrived in California on Wed, May 1st.

Talk about super fast, trouble free shipping!

Enjoy,
Tim

May 11, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #2,617 of 13,478
May 11, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #2,621 of 13,478
So upon launch of DX220 in Japan, the local importer is announcing "complimentary battery change program".

According to their Twitter statement, they plan to adopt the program, i.e., the DX220 sold through their channel
are eligible to have the battery replaced for free one.time in the future. Very nice attempt . Way to go!

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,622 of 13,478
Ordered my DX 220 this morning from iBasso.

May 11, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #2,624 of 13,478
Ordered my DX 220 this morning from iBasso.

You fooled us, you said you were going to buy it on Sunday.
Congrats. Enjoy!

Out of thread topic, but is everyone thrilled like me with just the thought of having an AMP9 with Nutube on DX220 ? :grimacing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back