DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #601 of 13,478
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #602 of 13,478
Probably it’s worth noting on first page that any comments from icefalcon and jamato8 are biased due to the fact both are under IBasso’s pay. That’s me spelling it out nicely.

Or they just fanboys.

John and I do not work for iBasso nor are we compensated for hyping the product. We review their products...and give feedback to iBasso. We interface with the public at shows because of our experience in the hobby and industry.

Believe us or not, but I guarantee that our opinions are based on owning some of the highest end DAP’s over the years.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #603 of 13,478
The UI still look laggy imo.

The interface is anything but laggy. I’ll post a video later today showing it. With an octacore processor and 4GB Ram it flies.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #604 of 13,478
We have the units in hand and have already begun putting them through their paces.

If you look at my tag on the upper left hand you don’t see Member of the Trade. This is my hobby just as it is everyone else’s here.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #605 of 13,478
John and I do not work for iBasso nor are we compensated for hyping the product. We review their products...and give feedback to iBasso. We interface with the public at shows because of our experience in the hobby and industry.

Believe us or not, but I guarantee that our opinions are based on owning some of the highest end DAP’s over the years.
We have the units in hand and have already begun putting them through their paces.

If you look at my tag on the upper left hand you don’t see Member of the Trade. This is my hobby just as it is everyone else’s here.

Did they pay you to work the show? I personally don't care, but others might? Either way, thanks for all the info you're sharing, we appreciate it!

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #606 of 13,478
Did they pay you to work the show? I personally don't care, but others might? Either way, thanks for all the info you're sharing, we appreciate it!

No. We are not paid for doing the shows.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #608 of 13,478
Whats the SoC used in the DX220?

Same old, same old.

This is TERRIBLE news. The DX200 as is, still "sounds" the best of anything on the market, well under $3,000. But the user interface using that same chip is just too slow. At least they kept the price the same, for effectively the same device and a free ram upgrade.

The R6 Pro (which has it's own significant issues, so I am not hyping it), wipes the floor with the DX200, on user in interface and UI speed, file management speed, app opening/closing, and more ram alone isn't going to change the fluidity of the UI that much.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well at least we will still be able to use the LurkerMod and have root control. Also using the rock chip makes it very hard to brick a DX200 (I didn't say impossible).

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #609 of 13,478
This is TERRIBLE news. The DX200 as is, still "sounds" the best of anything on the market, well under $3,000. But the user interface using that same chip is just too slow. At least they kept the price the same, for effectively the same device and a free ram upgrade.

The R6 Pro (which has it's own significant issues, so I am not hyping it), wipes the floor with the DX200, on user in interface and UI speed, file management speed, app opening/closing, and more ram alone isn't going to change the fluidity of the UI that much.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well at least we will still be able to use the LurkerMod and have root control. Also using the rock chip makes it very hard to brick a DX200 (I didn't say impossible).

RAM isn’t the only upgrade here. Every component has been upgraded inside. The UI is completely new and rewritten for the DX220. The AMP1 MKII sounds fantastic. The screen is faster and more responsive. They’v upgraded to Gorilla Glass for the face.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #610 of 13,478
Snapdragon 425 in the Hiby is 4 core A53, RK3368 in the iBasso is 8 core A53, so its responsiveness and performance hinges on more than just the choice of chip, but I was hoping for something new.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #611 of 13,478

Do you buy those iBasso DAP and IEM listed in your signature from iBasso or provided by them?

If you read reviews, usually that’s the first point that need be upfront.

I however do thank you for all the info provided here.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #613 of 13,478
Will my current Amp 8 ( using this in a DX150) fit in the DX220?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back