DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 5, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,101 of 13,478
I can't understand very well guys about some feedback i've read in the last pages.
Are you saying dx220+amp1 mk2 2.5mm bal is better than dx220+amp8 ?

May 5, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #2,102 of 13,478
Well I never use or heard AMP8 before...
Need to try it out...

btw, the 20 hours threshold alrd passed... I felt thigher in High and Mid. Find that the Hi Mid and High was layered with good separation...
so far so good, exp new things from old song, the puncy bass was layered (not rumble)
20190505_204127.jpg

Was download Spotify from Apkpure, and listening Android Mango... POP noise still exist, when the offline song finish download, the pop dissappear...

edit...
BTW, do Pure Mango have the capabilities to search Album art automaticly?
I am experiencing change of my current album art

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #2,104 of 13,478
What album art size do you guys recommend for enjoy the full glory of the screen?:) also any recommended sites to download album art?
well the screen is 1080p so I'd say 1080x1080

May 5, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #2,105 of 13,478

Wow SIGRID! Nice, A bit off topic, and apologies in advanced if this is not allowed, just wondering on where are you able to buy it in FLAC format? I bought mine on iTunes and they are only in m4a format :confused:.

May 5, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #2,107 of 13,478
What album art size do you guys recommend for enjoy the full glory of the screen?:) also any recommended sites to download album art?
I keep mine on the smaller size, smaller art size means more room for music on your device. Since I use big cards, currently a Samsung 512 gb card, that's a lot of album art. I would rather use the space for a few more flac albums. I was using 200 x 200 with my DX200 but jumped to 400 x 400 with the DX220. I also found, with the DX200, that the scanning times were improved when I went through and got rid of all the extra art work, and resized everything.

I use Tag & Rename as my tool for fixing id tags and adding and resizing artwork.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,108 of 13,478
600x600 is normally the size of album art I use

May 5, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,109 of 13,478
Well I never use or heard AMP8 before...
Need to try it out...

btw, the 20 hours threshold alrd passed... I felt thigher in High and Mid. Find that the Hi Mid and High was layered with good separation...
so far so good, exp new things from old song, the puncy bass was layered (not rumble)

Hi, do you use the 3.5 SE or 2.5 Bal? For me, personally my ear felt the high from using 2.5 Bal

May 5, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,111 of 13,478

And I love your tone with the maybe some people are too easily satisfied...etc. You really are looking to either win the jerk off of the week award or you think you’re better than a whole lot of people here. What dude...which is it?

LOL isn't this the prevailing attitude with a lot sector of this hobby? Personally I think it's the true force behind these marginal tweaks (I wouldn't even call them improvements) at the TOTL level which are often accompanied by exponential price increases. I hold my tongue in most cases but the whole "oh that's cute darling, if you think you like that (insert reasonably priced item that's not quiet TOTL), bless your little heart" mentality plagues a lot of hobbies.

My video about DX220. In short, it's impressive. iBasso simply improved every single aspect that is important for modern DAP

As Denzel would be allowed to say: MYYYYYY *cough*. You are truly an invaluable resource to the community. On top of everything, I've been using them to try to learn a little bit of Russian too. I don't know if you hear it enough but THANK. YOU.

-- - --
Also does anyone (or I guess @Paul - iBasso more specifically) have news or updates on the NuTube AMP9? I'm dying to hear one!

May 5, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,112 of 13,478
LOL isn't this the prevailing attitude with a lot sector of this hobby? Personally I think it's the true force behind these marginal tweaks (I wouldn't even call them improvements) at the TOTL level which are often accompanied by exponential price increases. I hold my tongue in most cases but the whole "oh that's cute darling, if you think you like that (insert reasonably priced item that's not quiet TOTL), bless your little heart" mentality plagues a lot of hobbies.

As Denzel would be allowed to say: MYYYYYY *cough*. You are truly an invaluable resource to the community. On top of everything, I've been using them to try to learn a little bit of Russian too. I don't know if you hear it enough but THANK. YOU.

-- - --
Also does anyone (or I guess @Paul - iBasso more specifically) have news or updates on the NuTube AMP9? I'm dying to hear one!

LOL you just made me laugh out loud!

May 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #2,113 of 13,478
TIDAL does not have genuinely high-res music. MQA is fake high-res in many cases, something which is easy to prove. It's a lossy encoding method. The whole pitch about "mastering quality" is BS. Extensive technical analysis has proven this.

What sources of hi-res music would you recommend? Unless I'm mistaken I recall seeing one of the Schiit founders saying that DSD is a "stillborn" format in part because it can't be streamed. So in terms of streaming is Qobuz the only option (its selection seems a lot narrower than Tidal's)? How does FLAC compare to DSD?

Frankly I'm starting to feel compelled to use sharing sites. HDtracks looks terrible too. If you were to buy tracks could you even have the confidence that you're getting "endgame" file quality or could further improvements come in the future?

May 5, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2,114 of 13,478
Got mine Wednesday and have been listening to it for several hours every day through Focal Clears and Shure SE846 through Mango. I started out with the stock amp and am now using AMP8. I am using it from a 400GB Sandisk Extreme SD card. Using the latest firmware update.

This is my first DAP, previously I have mostly reserved my high end listening to my home system through speakers or headphones with an Auralic Taurus MKII. I've been into mid-fi and hi-fi audio for a long time, over 20 years.

I have to say I am absolutely floored with the audio quality coming from DX220. It is truly amazing! Very musical and extremely enjoyable. The stock amp is surprisingly great both through the 2.5mm and SE outputs. If that was all there was I would be very happy. I am also trying AMP8. It's new so needs some burn in but so far so good. Fantastic bass, beautiful mids and vocals, trebel that is never too harsh, just jaw dropping all around. Kudos to iBasso!

@Paul - iBasso I did notice a few little software issues that could be improved:

1. I have my artwork embedded in .M4A ALAC files ripped with iTunes and noticed a few bugs. Artwork bigger than a few MB does not display. I don't know exactly where the cutoff is but some of the artwork I got online was 3 MB and it would not display. I found a smaller version and it displayed fine. No biggie.

2. If I have artwork that displays fine but I want to replace it for some reason, I can't figure out how to do it. I tried replacing th embedded the artwork but the old artwork still displayed. I then deleted the whole album and replaced it with new artwork embedded but Mango still displays the original artwork. It seems like once I get a cover to display I can't replace it.

3. This is the biggest UI need in my opinion, the Artist category needs to display each of the albums from an artist. Currently it display all the songs from an artist and does not show a substructure divided by albums. I would be very grateful to see this feature added.

Those issues aside, this thing is amazing and I absolutely love it.

1. our Mango OS doesn't scan large artwork. We have a limitation on this so the artwork would need to be resized. 900 by 900 works well.

2. Please re-scan the library.

3. We will work on this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 5, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #2,115 of 13,478
Whoever said DSD is a still born format is either have 0 knowledge about digital music...or someone is misunderstanding

Anyways, WAV or FLAC, or SACD is what you can reliably deem high res music. Out of all streaming services , only qobuz really is attractive IMO. But then again, I rather hold a CD in my hands, see the real printed album art...etc. with nowadays smartphone camera, you can snap a good picture of the real cover, do some cropping, save as files....etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back