1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: June 18, 2019 OTA * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last
  1. icefalkon
    No worries I'll be posting here. :)

2. amahikas
    Hi All,
    My DX220 arrived last saturday and i'm very happy with this DAP.
    i have Cayin i5 DAP and OPUS #3 and i love them both, but i was finding a better sounding DAP with new Android version.
    i demoed Cayin N6ii and DX220 for 2 weeks. i wrote my impressions on the Cayin N6ii thread, but N6ii was too warm and full bodied for my taste. DX220 was more dry and airy but also smooth and warm. a very good balance that i prefer.
    i also tried AMP9 and it was very good especially the trebles. i also am impressed to AMP1 MKII which has deep, wide and detailed bass. so i will take time to decide if i'm getting AMP9.

looking forward to enjoy DX220 with you all. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    JamesKH, Ojisan, icefalkon and 4 others like this.
  3. singleended5863
    I was torn between DX220 and N6ii before too but after listening DX229 for awhile (I think they are breaking in) I have decided to keep them and no looking back. However, I am in the hunt of new CIEM even though I own the Phantom now.

4. amahikas
    Yes. many of us is comparing N6ii with DX220 and it's a hard choice. N6ii wasn't my taste but i still think it's good as DX220. i'm looking forward for the next audio motherboard.
    Phantom is quite expensive but i can easily imagine it sounds good with DX220.

fokta likes this.
  5. arijitroy2
    The never ending chase :D

Even though i got my U12T two months back, i was also browsing for a new pair :D i think A18t would go well with Amp9 since they both are contrasting to each other.

I was tilting towards Legend X or the Jomo Flamenco! So many options!

amahikas likes this.
  6. fokta
    Welcome... Another AMP1Mk2 user...
    Just a question, how N6ii handle floor noise / background noise compare... ??

amahikas and TP1410 like this.
  7. cycheang
    I've almost the same setup like yours except the cable. I've change to pure silver cable. Hiss still there even though after 30 hours of burning. Tried low gain, the hiss is still there.

Well, hiss still in my acceptable level. For me, the main different between AMP9 and Stock Amp is the high is much more forward and bass is a bit more punchier than stock AMP.

fokta likes this.
  8. TP1410
    I'm using both. N6ii and Dx228 had same floor noise / background noise level. It perfect.
    N6ii still have verygood sound, but sound qualtity of DX228 have more and more "layer" and "detail".

jmills8, fokta and amahikas like this.
  9. amahikas
    N6ii is very close to DX221mk2, but DX221mk2 was a bit better.

fokta likes this.
  10. fokta
    Now this is interesting, High Forward, while Bass still punchy... how is the Mid...? still detail and layered?

So according to you, AMP 9 still warm sig?

really need to try this

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  11. Decreate
    Might want to try the VE Elysium. Gave them a try when they had the demo here in Hong Kong. They sounded quite different from my Phantom...less thick, more clear but still real sounding. Would've got them if I hadn't used the money to get a new guitar... :grin:

12. liquidrats
    btw. latest tidal update fixes the 48.0khz bit rate during off-line. It is now playing 192khz for offline files.

13. bahamot
    Yep, and it now plays non-MQA 44.1KHz materials properly as 44.1KHz

liquidrats likes this.
  14. liquidrats
    thank for whoever that reported the issue :)

15. Layman1
    Regarding the 'hot swapping' issue, I did it with my DX200 when reviewing it and trying out several different AMP units. Then I heard from Paul that it was not a good idea to do so, and vowed never to do it again.

Last week, I met up with a local Head-Fi dude, and had a listening session of DX220 and Sony WM1Z.
    In the process, I accidentally hot-swapped without realising.
    However, in my case, I went *from* AMP9 to AMP8W.

Now I can listen to AMP8W at volume level 5, for quiet listening at home (e.g. whilst reading). And even on noisy tube trains, volume level 35 or so is fine).
    Last night I turned it down from High Gain to the ultra low gain. It seemed to become a bit richer and more detailed, although possibly with slight less bass slam/impact?

Anyway, given the epic power of the AMP8 generally, and the fact that this is a modded unit, I think it would be wise to re-set the power back to normal.
    If I did something accidental with the gain/volume, or if the UI had some unexpected spasm, I could end up blowing my eardrums lol.

So if I switch it off, put AMP9 back in, switch on, switch off, then put AMP8W back in, will it go back to normal?
    Just curious if people have tried successfully to reverse this power increase? :)

Whitigir likes this.
First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last