DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 6, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #5,911 of 13,478
Noob question : I'm currently running Lurker0 FW 1.06 on DX200 ( Sorry for mentioning DX200 here but the old DX200 topic got abandoned :frowning2: ). Now i want to update my FW to 1.07 latest to make my device compatible with AMP9, do i need to revert back to original/factory reset or just apply the latest FW 1.07? Thanks in advance.

Also, @Whitigir can i ask AMP9 and SR1/IT04 synergy cause i'm currently using AMP8 modded and plan to upgrade to AMP9 :D I don't know anyone else that happen to have AMP9 and SR1 like you.

Amp9 and Sr-1 is an excellent combo. Totally recommended, the sound signature is very organic and nicely balanced throughout the spectrums. I think it is the best matches as the loudness at 100/100 is very loud. I could only max it out at 90/100 for loudness.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #5,912 of 13,478
After a couple of days listening I will say that the Amp9 does add a little something special above the Amp7 with andromedas although with slightly less separation and soundstage.

But unfortunately the hiss is too much for me to live with as the main use case for my DX220 is with my andromedas.
So I think the Amp9 will be going up for sale :triportsad:.
I'll stick with the Amp7 which luckily for me also sounds incredible! It's great to have all these options from iBasso.

For non sensitive headphones or IEMs I believe the Amp9 has the best SQ compared to the 1mk2, 7, and 8 though in my opinion.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,914 of 13,478
Couple of days in with the Amp9 and overall I'm very happy with it, in fact a bit more than just happy.
The sound using the Amp9 with my Custom Art Fibae 4 is simply stunning. Lovely organic sound and texture to the music. Not overly detailed but an excellent rich quality on the detail and presentation of music.

Only downside for me is that my Sennheiser 660 probably need more power to drive them, got them at high gain with volume at 135-40 and I feel I'm not getting the best from, same goes for a couple of my earbuds. Even my Custom Arts need to be on high gain with volume @ 105.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #5,915 of 13,478
After a couple of days listening I will say that the Amp9 does add a little something special above the Amp7 with andromedas although with slightly less separation and soundstage.

But unfortunately the hiss is too much for me to live with as the main use case for my DX220 is with my andromedas.
So I think the Amp9 will be going up for sale :triportsad:.
I'll stick with the Amp7 which luckily for me also sounds incredible! It's great to have all these options from iBasso.

For non sensitive headphones or IEMs I believe the Amp9 has the best SQ compared to the 1mk2, 7, and 8 though in my opinion.

I thought it was only me. Using Andromeda as well, the hiss is noticeable even on low gain. Has anyone tried iEMatch to solve this issue?
Though I'm not taking anything away from the AMP9, it's a whole other world of greatness compared to AMP1 MK2.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #5,916 of 13,478
I thought it was only me. Using Andromeda as well, the hiss is noticeable even on low gain. Has anyone tried iEMatch to solve this issue?
Though I'm not taking anything away from the AMP9, it's a whole other world of greatness compared to AMP1 MK2.
I have an iematch so have tried it with the Amp9 and as expected no hiss but I found it changed the sound too much (took off some weight) even on ultra compared to not using it.
Compared to Amp9 with ie match I prefer the Amp7 which has no hiss.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #5,917 of 13,478
I have an iematch so have tried it with the Amp9 and as expected no hiss but I found it changed the sound too much (took off some weight) even on ultra compared to not using it.
Compared to Amp9 with ie match I prefer the Amp7 which has no hiss.

Just to add, comparing Amp7 and amp9 I find the difference is quite small, just a bit more rich on the 9. But I find both Amp9 and 7 give quite a large SQ improvement over Amp1mk2.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #5,918 of 13,478
Just to add, comparing Amp7 and amp9 I find the difference is quite small, just a bit more rich on the 9. But I find both Amp9 and 7 give quite a large SQ improvement over Amp1mk2.
Hmm how about AMP8? AMP7 is AMP8 on 3.5SE right?

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #5,919 of 13,478
Hmm how about AMP8? AMP7 is AMP8 on 3.5SE right?
I found them to sound very very similar, the Amp8 has a tiny amount of hiss with andromeda but really barely anything at all but the Amp7 has none that I can hear.
The Amp7 is a touch smoother sounding (very very small amount and maybe just because the OI is a tiny amount lower). But due to the time needed to swap I could be imagining the smoothness difference.
Essentially I don't think I would be able to pick them apart in a blind test, but think I easily could comparing either with Amp1mk2.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #5,920 of 13,478
Most of the time the “little more rich” tone, timbres or details are the limit breaking points where you would gain 1x with the cost to productions of 20x in return.

That is why as long as there are differences that can be heard, the next thing is for you to ask your pocket of “would you be happy and able to make the purchase” :)

A different amp module is an amplifier itself, just in a miniaturized form, for a mere $200 or $250, it is nothing. Think about those “Cables”, simply some metal conductors, with fancy marketing term, fancy connectors, and costing $3-4K.....for that “little more rich” performances :wink: or synergy

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #5,921 of 13,478
Most of the time the “little more rich” tone, timbres or details are the limit breaking points where you would gain 1x with the cost to productions of 20x in return.

That is why as long as there are differences that can be heard, the next thing is for you to ask your pocket of “would you be happy and able to make the purchase” :)

A different amp module is an amplifier itself, just in a miniaturized form, for a mere $200 or $250, it is nothing. Think about those “Cables”, simply some metal conductors, with fancy marketing term, fancy connectors, and costing $3-4K.....for that “little more rich” performances :wink: or synergy
I completely agree, and I have no doubt the Amp9 price is great for what you get compared to the other modules. To me that extra richness is easily worth the cost of the Amp9.
So it's a real shame the hiss is too much for me with my preferred IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back