DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 29, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #4,351 of 13,478
Too much bass, from a non bass sryle is like saying too big of a burger from a vegan joint.

I don't understand what you mean.
Same here. I bought from HDtracks. I don't remember is being overly warm from the DX228. What amp? cans?

Right now from the line out to the Absolute Manley amp using the Focal Utopia. Also straight out of the DX220.

Heavy bass that overwhelms much of the music by being eq's too high. I listen to a lot of live music so I stay tuned to what real music can sound like. Not saying all live music is good but I also enjoy and listen to good recordings that are a good starting point for sounds.

May 29, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #4,352 of 13,478
Who is in for Billie Jeans in DSD512 ?

48BF0DFC-4065-4D03-A769-CC28989741DB.jpeg

May 29, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #4,353 of 13,478
Hi guys,
arrived dx220 some days ago but not yet enough time to test it like I'd like.
But I'm really really positive about PEQ: I think it worth to go deep in its knowdledge.

I've done some attempts and I found this setting seems to work fine:

PHQ.jpeg

Very good to mantain bass and trebles like they are but it is able to bring out voices for example or other details that are backwarded, the typica "4k area". And furthermore it adds clarity and trasparency.
Tested with dx221mk2 and dx228 in both case with CA Solaris. I noticed the impact is higher in to amp1 mk2. Probably because amp8 starts from an higher level.

Try it and let me know your feedback. Would be very interesting to know other combination how they work.

May 29, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #4,354 of 13,478
Who is in for Billie Jeans in DSD512 ?

That photo makes me think of the one that is a Netflix parody of Michael Jackson having a Sausage Party with a boy who is Home Alone. I won't post it here, as some might find it offensive, but I'm sure you can Google it...

May 29, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #4,355 of 13,478
That photo makes me think of the one that is a Netflix parody of Michael Jackson having a Sausage Party with a boy who is Home Alone. I won't post it here, as some might find it offensive, but I'm sure you can Google it...
Lol, I never cared about those stuff. A great artist, performer, and recording is all I care about

May 29, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #4,356 of 13,478
So I've been using the Fidelizer ROM (with Lurker add-on) for the past week and it improves the DX220's sound (a bit) as well as the GUI's responsiveness (a little). The DX220's audio is excellent, iBasso's customer service is top-notch, and the 1080p screen is very nice, but I still find the DX220 hard to love. I really want the DX220 to be my end-all, do-all DAP, but it just isn't there yet.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #4,357 of 13,478
So I've been using the Fidelizer ROM (with Lurker add-on) for the past week and it improves the DX220's sound (a bit) as well as the GUI's responsiveness (a little). The DX220's audio is excellent, iBasso's customer service is top-notch, and the 1080p screen is very nice, but I still find the DX220 hard to love. I really want the DX220 to be my end-all, do-all DAP, but it just isn't there yet.

Compare to what does Dx220 not satisfy you ? And where do you think it is not good enough ?

We all want an be all and end all devices. But I am afraid we really need Optimus Prime and his transformations abilities LOL

May 29, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #4,358 of 13,478
Just received mine in the mail yesterday. Kudos to iBasso for the quick shipping! Just trying to burn in the Amp1 for now with my PS EXO Tri-Copper balanced cable and Jomo Flamenco's. The only issue is that I am hearing quite a bit of hiss. @Paul - iBasso is noise expected for some IEM's? I have read that Campfire's sensitive IEMs had no issue with hiss so I am surprised that the Jomo has this issue.

WSuF8F.jpg

May 29, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,359 of 13,478
Compare to what does Dx220 not satisfy you ? And where do you think it is not good enough ?

We all want an be all and end all devices. But I am afraid we really need Optimus Prime and his transformations abilities LOL

Oh, you had to reference transformers, didn't you? In that case, I have to admit a guilty pleasure of enjoying nostalgic vibe of Bumblebee soundtrack :p

May 29, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #4,360 of 13,478

There is something amazing and also turd about every dap I own or have owned, I should make one super dap out of all of them :) but then it would look turd :triportsad: :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #4,361 of 13,478

Thanks for the chuckle.

May 29, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #4,362 of 13,478
Just received mine in the mail yesterday. Kudos to iBasso for the quick shipping! Just trying to burn in the Amp1 for now with my PS EXO Tri-Copper balanced cable and Jomo Flamenco's. The only issue is that I am hearing quite a bit of hiss. @Paul - iBasso is noise expected for some IEM's? I have read that Campfire's sensitive IEMs had no issue with hiss so I am surprised that the Jomo has this issue.

My Andro S has a very slight hiss - much better than my phone or my Echobox, but it is there. Only tried single ended so far due to lack of balanced cable. What gain setting are you using? If I listen closely it’s there even at low gain, but I find it’s driven a little nicer at medium gain and is still pretty darn quiet. Doesn’t interfere with my enjoyment of the music in any event.

May 29, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #4,363 of 13,478
I don't understand what you mean.

Right now from the line out to the Absolute Manley amp using the Focal Utopia. Also straight out of the DX220.

Heavy bass that overwhelms much of the music by being eq's too high. I listen to a lot of live music so I stay tuned to what real music can sound like. Not saying all live music is good but I also enjoy and listen to good recordings that are a good starting point for sounds.

Dammit John...I want one of those Manley Amps really badly! lol

May 29, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #4,364 of 13,478
Dammit John...I want one of those Manley Amps really badly! lol
Very versatile and they do an excellent job doing the transformers in-house. Some of the best sound from a output transformer based amp I have heard. Nice that the output tubes are inexpensive and the sound, from Sylvania, RCA, Tung-sol, GE all sound great. I haven't heard such consistent sound from output tubes from different manufactures and date periods before. I even have a quad of Telefunken (not cheap and hard to find). I am using some 5751 for the input tubes and they do an excellent job.

Has excellent bass slam and deep layering but wouldn't have that without the excellent line out from the DX220.

Just bring one home and say the box is from work. lol

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #4,365 of 13,478
Very versatile and they do an excellent job doing the transformers in-house. Some of the best sound from a output transformer based amp I have heard. Nice that the output tubes are inexpensive and the sound, from Sylvania, RCA, Tung-sol, GE all sound great. I haven't heard such consistent sound from output tubes from different manufactures and date periods before. I even have a quad of Telefunken (not cheap and hard to find). I am using some 5751 for the input tubes and they do an excellent job.

Has excellent bass slam and deep layering but wouldn't have that without the excellent line out from the DX220.

Just bring one home and say the box is from work. lol

LOL you have met my wife ya know...lol she won’t buy that scam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back