DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #10,341 of 13,478
Just tried the dx220, ifs just as bad as the dx200 with any Amp module as far as RF noise, Bluetooth but mostly plagued with wifi interference noise. Looks like ibasso still didn't offer proper shielding over the dx200 model.
Unfortunate, I guess the wm1a is a definite winner, lacks a bunch of cool features the dx220 offer, but it's so bad Rf, even when away from phone. Pretty dissapointed

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #10,343 of 13,478
I Genuinely get zero RF interference with Wifi and Bluetooth on , as well as with my cell phone being nearby. Maybe you have a buggy unit?

I don't understand, got the the u18t, a decent cable, I keep it away from phone, but when using Spotify and tidal to discover music it is absolutely horrible, I feel like the Rf is so loud I can't enjoy the music.
When I'm playing from SD card or memory it's ok, but when streaming (the sole purpose for an android dap in my eyes) it's garbage

I hate the wm1a looks and feature less mess, but it works and it sounds good and is clean, so old... Yet ahead of its time...

Any other comparable daps?

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #10,344 of 13,478
I Genuinely get zero RF interference with Wifi and Bluetooth on , as well as with my cell phone being nearby. Maybe you have a buggy unit?
I never encountered those issues from Dx200 and Dx200titan , then Dx220, neither does Dx160.

I am either extremely lucky....to continuously receive 4 different players from Ibasso without problems......or there is something else here
I don't understand, got the the u18t, a decent cable, I keep it away from phone, but when using Spotify and tidal to discover music it is absolutely horrible, I feel like the Rf is so loud I can't enjoy the music.
When I'm playing from SD card or memory it's ok, but when streaming (the sole purpose for an android dap in my eyes) it's garbage

I hate the wm1a looks and feature less mess, but it works and it sounds good and is clean, so old... Yet ahead of its time...

You Can NOT Stream Spotify with WM1A

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #10,346 of 13,478

maybe you have a buggy unit. My A18t is dead quiet streaming with Spotify. As a matter of fact the DX228 is the most quiet RF/noise DAP I’ve ever heard

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #10,347 of 13,478
I never encountered those issues from Dx200 and Dx200titan , then Dx220, neither does Dx160.

I am either extremely lucky...or there is something else here

You Can NOT Stream Spotify with WM1A

It has Bluetooth receiver and dac mode, while it's not traditional steaming it can be close to the phone and even with Bluetooth it doesn't have Rf. But it's so plain and feature less it's crazy.

I had bad luck with dx200 on a few units as far as trying them in stores and 1 of my friends.
The dx220 I only have access to 1 but very very disappointing. Sound quality was OK a little above average, nothing too exciting, but the features, look and feel were pretty cool

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #10,348 of 13,478

may I ask how much burn-in time has the dx220.
I had my replaced and hated the replacement initially sounded terrible. Basically out the box the sound quality can be a bit of a roller coaster especially < 100h
After that it settled and sounded awesome

how is it in mango mode ?

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #10,349 of 13,478
It has Bluetooth receiver and dac mode, while it's not traditional steaming it can be close to the phone and even with Bluetooth it doesn't have Rf. But it's so plain and feature less it's crazy.

I had bad luck with dx200 on a few units as far as trying them in stores and 1 of my friends.
The dx220 I only have access to 1 but very very disappointing. Sound quality was OK a little above average, nothing too exciting, but the features, look and feel were pretty cool
No problem with the RF and stream from the router using Amazon Ultra HD all the time and also from my phone, sitting right by it. Sound, above the WM1A and with the AMP8, better dynamics and separation than the 1Z though still like the WM1Z a lot.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #10,350 of 13,478
I don't get something about the DX220
Many people repeatedly report issues such as lag, interference, device shutting down for no reason, battery and other problems. But many people also report that their devices work without any issues at all. How is this possible ? There are some kind of extreme quality control issues where half of the devices are flawless but half are problematic? I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back