DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #722 of 13,478
Wow!!! Those ceramic Capacitors look like the newest Acoustic dampening Capacitors!!!! If this is true (I need confirmation), then Ibasso Dx220 is the first, very first of it kind to be using this....throughout the whole board!!! Insane !!! Even the resistors too ??
So this mean good ??? is like ur mod ??
need enlightenment here, since its too technical....

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #723 of 13,478
So this mean good ??? is like ur mod ??
need enlightenment here, since its too technical....

Like my mod ? Nope. If this is acoustic dampening capacitors then it is good...really good. It is new technology that the electronic components companies have developed due to the demand of highly precision and tight tolerances for Hi-Fi Audio.

One of the reason why Film caps are so good , that is because it doesn’t vibrate as much and deform the acoustic property as much as Traditional ceramic, Tantalum Caps. But compact Film caps for SMD such as Panasonic ECHU, and Rubbicon stuff are very expensive to manufacture, and has very low capacity/capability. Sony has been using many of them in their Walkman, especially the newest DMP-Z1.

So, other companies have engineered and developed a newer product line of Ceramic capacitors to do just this....achieving better capacity, tighter tolerances and minimizing the deformities of acoustic properties by jitters and vibrations...noises. This is-acoustic dampening ceramic caps. They have a distinct look to them, as the Tinned Polar end-caps have a shock-mechanism that absorb and negate the deformity of the capacitors when having electrical charges. They simply look like there is a little air-gap between the caps and the PCB.

If Ibasso is using these, then Ibasso is very enthusiastic, always on top of the game, and knows what they are doing, and keeping up with the new technologies constantly as these are very very new....(in the industry that is)...not even Cayin N8 is using it.

Anyways, I don’t want to keep up hopes** as I don’t even have 220 or physically looking and examine it.....just a wild guess from the internal pictures.....or it could have been computer generated pics and I see it that way...LoL

Need confirmations !

You can see the gaps at these red circle clearly
18F0A011-49AF-4D77-979B-60188A09AA7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #724 of 13,478
What about WiFi signal?

Is it stronger than DX200? I've got problems with weak signal in DX200. DX150 is better but even my old phone has better antenna.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #725 of 13,478
Like my mod ? Nope. If this is acoustic dampening capacitors then it is good...really good. It is new technology that the electronic components companies have developed due to the demand of highly precision and tight tolerances for Hi-Fi Audio.

One of the reason why Film caps are so good , that is because it doesn’t vibrate as much and deform the acoustic property as much as Traditional ceramic, Tantalum Caps. But compact Film caps for SMD such as Panasonic ECHU, and Rubbicon stuff are very expensive to manufacture, and has very low capacity/capability. Sony has been using many of them in their Walkman, especially the newest DMP-Z1.

So, other companies have engineered and developed a newer product line of Ceramic capacitors to do just this....achieving better capacity, tighter tolerances and minimizing the deformities of acoustic properties by jitters and vibrations...noises. This is-acoustic dampening ceramic caps. They have a distinct look to them, as the Tinned Polar end-caps have a shock-mechanism that absorb and negate the deformity of the capacitors when having electrical charges. They simply look like there is a little air-gap between the caps and the PCB.

If Ibasso is using these, then Ibasso is very enthusiastic, always on top of the game, and knows what they are doing, and keeping up with the new technologies constantly as these are very very new....(in the industry that is)...not even Cayin N8 is using it.

Anyways, I don’t want to keep up hopes** as I don’t even have 220 or physically looking and examine it.....just a wild guess from the internal pictures.....or it could have been computer generated pics and I see it that way...LoL

Need confirmations !

You can see the gaps at these red circle clearly

Would be awesome if true but the pictures do look rendered / too perfect.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #726 of 13,478
What about WiFi signal?

Is it stronger than DX200? I've got problems with weak signal in DX200. DX150 is better but even my old phone has better antenna.

According to my experience in Canjam, it had no problems downloading other apps through the Play Store and downloads at a decent speed.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #727 of 13,478
Further more , did anyone notice that DX220 can USB DAC input and output ? if the spec was correct . it's great to output DSD512 to external DAC which cannot be done via SPDIF , right ?

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #731 of 13,478
Further more , did anyone notice that DX220 can USB DAC input and output ? if the spec was correct . it's great to output DSD512 to external DAC which cannot be done via SPDIF , right ?

Spdif is limited at 192Khz as the industry is stuck at it.....

I don’t get why you would want the Dx200 to process DSD512 and then output digitally into external DAC ? Isn’t it better if you want a DAC, you hook it directly to your source ?

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #732 of 13,478
Spdif is limited at 192Khz as the industry is stuck at it.....

I don’t get why you would want the Dx200 to process DSD512 and then output digitally into external DAC ? Isn’t it better if you want a DAC, you hook it directly to your source ?

Haha , just want to try how far DX220 can go and for fun of course :)

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #733 of 13,478
Haha , just want to try how far DX220 can go and for fun of course :)
Dx220 is already capable of doing DSD512 Native by itself, which no DAPs on the market even high-end can do....not even DMP-Z1

Dx220 will be able to do external USB-DAC as Native DSD512 just like Dx200. You connect it with a USB cables toward your PC, then you can play DSD512 files by your PC into Dx220

Those 2 things are what even the most expensive DAPS on the market is struggling to do, still

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #735 of 13,478
According to my experience in Canjam, it had no problems downloading other apps through the Play Store and downloads at a decent speed.

From the info I have gathered, it was mentioned that they placed the antenna in a different place so that the metal body wouldn't interfere and weaken the signal :) And I really hope it will work that way especially that I am planning to use a lot more of Tidal myself.

Truth be told, ever since I saw the first news about upcoming DX220 I was anxiously awaiting any news and date of premiere... and seems I won't be forced to wait much longer. I've signed up for a pre-order for DX220 at polish iBasso dealer - AudioHeaven. From the news I've acquired, they are planning to ship the device at the end of april/beginning of May. So I am hoping that in just two weeks or so I will enjoy myself A LOT :D And defnietely going to write a review :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back