DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #6,961 of 13,478
Wonder what they'll say about this generation of electronics 25-40 years from now.

Probably that we were crazy for spending so much money on this hobby! :wink:

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #6,962 of 13,478
Yup, I remember 8 tracks, had a bunch...then had an insane number of LP's. Sold the ones worth anything back in the early 2000's. Got really good money for some of them like an original Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers with the working zipper and the pink panties inside, and a few others.

Yup, had the B/W tv...aluminum foil "ears", and watching all "3" tv channels...lol

LOL I had that same Onkyo! Man, remember the fun of making mix tapes? LOL
Seems like sooo long ago.

Wait, it WAS a long time ago...I'm old. lol

Reading all this does bring back memories. I'm only 33, but i have been making mix tapes since I was 9 years old on my dad's Sansui stereo stack he had from the 80s.

That was a beautiful system, just putting out tapes, recording radio songs or the audio CDs, and using the sony walkman or aiwa walkman i had to listen to it.

Come to think of it, i have been swapping or upgrading music portables since i was that young!! Always looked out for new earphones and stuff! Good times!

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #6,963 of 13,478
The world was an awesome place back then, and while our world of technology today is wonderful I think it went sideways. The simpler times, when we had walkmans, boom boxes, mixtapes, and Jenson speakers in our cars...hanging out with your friends at the park and bike riding EVERYWHERE together certainly beats this world of console games, kids glued to cell phones, entitlement, and mind fogs...

Just my $.02

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #6,964 of 13,478
Don’t go around picking fights to other DAP with your DX228EX ;P
Don’t go around picking fights to other DAP with your DX228EX ;P

Sometimes the fight comes to you!
Reading all this does bring back memories. I'm only 33, but i have been making mix tapes since I was 9 years old on my dad's Sansui stereo stack he had from the 80s.

That was a beautiful system, just putting out tapes, recording radio songs or the audio CDs, and using the sony walkman or aiwa walkman i had to listen to it.

Come to think of it, i have been swapping or upgrading music portables since i was that young!! Always looked out for new earphones and stuff! Good times!

Those 80's Boom Boxes...heavy has heck when you consider some took about a dozen D-sized batteries. You were king if you had double auto-reverse (LaSonic or Panasonc), forget about if you spectrum analyzer built into the face

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #6,965 of 13,478
Sometimes the fight comes to you!

Those 80's Boom Boxes...heavy has heck when you consider some took about a dozen D-sized batteries. You were king if you had double auto-reverse (LaSonic or Panasonc), forget about if you spectrum analyzer built into the face
When we listened and danced together. Now we sitting alone hoping wife doesnt find out how much money you spent.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #6,966 of 13,478
Lol true

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #6,968 of 13,478
Yes, I agree with that as I do think for people who is used to Cassette and LP, the hiss just adds “authenticity”. The Amp9 has an excellent sound quality. Hence I said the Amp9 make me think about a very high quality cassette Walkman with tapes but without Flutter/Wow problems and cleaning the head or demagnetizing maintenances. There have to be compromises, who knows what were compromised for this universe to come to existence ? Perhaps Thanos got beheaded before his “snap”....LOL

I agree, “Authenticity” AND quality. You guys are getting very nostalgic ... well, just two hours ago I brought +200 vinil records from my father in law house, many albums from 60's and 70's, I did hear a lot of them on the late 70's and early 80's yes, lots of hiss from the Akai reel tapes, cassetes. A bit more practical today, I think I'll drop them in eBay or make some phone calls to some of my vinyl addicted friends.

Bottom line, listen very well because I'll say this only once: Enjoying the music with DX229, never so much fun with my Angie IEM

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #6,970 of 13,478
Sometimes I nostalgically look back and wish I still had my huge album collection and stereos of the age. And then I turn on my Dx 200. 400 gig chock full in the palm of my hand. All is bliss.
One of the thing everybody forget about it is that.....listening to selected track at a finger tip is something none of the analog could do LOL!

The DX220 and Amp9 will give a very analog sound with that practicality of being selective :wink:

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #6,972 of 13,478

My 1st tape player was a cheap portable with no auto reverse! Had to flip cassettes over and fast-forward in order to 'reverse.' We're a long way from those days......

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #6,974 of 13,478
Amen

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #6,975 of 13,478
Will the dx200 amp 9 produce the same analog sound?

Same ? I can tell you that it has a very close signature to high-end cassette decks, but how close is it ? It depends on how you are perceiving things....lol

I listened to DX209Ti. SQ was not same as DX229 that I much prefer as analog SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back