DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #10,906 of 13,478
@Skullar for powerbank specs rated 22w output & above with quickcharge 3 or higher & pd charging will be able to sustain charging while using at the same time. Brands like xiaomi/anker/ravpower etc. I'm using a xiaomi 20k mah 45w output powerbank.

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #10,908 of 13,478
with my amiron hiby player it sounds better than mango.
The HiBy sound on the DX220 adds weight while losing the elegant ibasso style. I think that not all genres are useful.

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #10,909 of 13,478
well if anything maybe some who know me, they know I barely get impressed and I follow no hype at all

So here is the deal, few weeks ago i tried the free version of fidelizer rom and I did not really feel any improvement. But my frustration mainly stems form using streaming services like tidal on ibasso dx220, and I could clearly notice how lacking tidal sounds in comparison to mango os. And what makes things worse is that I totally rely on streaming, so I said you know what, let me give the advanced rom a try, and I did.

So here it is " Dam amazing " , this advanced rom, literally fixed all my issues with tidal streaming and now I feel that its equivalent to listening to mango os. The veil has been lifted from tidal streaming, and everything became more dynamic, clearer, and things now sound not congested as it was before using advanced rom. I literally can say that tidal on stock rom really is so lacking, and with advanced rom the improvement really took me by a huge surprise

This is a true upgrade especially for people who rely on streaming. This is a must, as I was really not enjoying ibasso dx220 using tidal on it at all, and I tried using tidal from uapp but same thing, not a big difference. But man this advanced rom literally just gave life to how tidal now sounds, what a great upgrade.

I totally recommend it, the free version gives no indication at all of what to you will get from the advanced rom

finally I think ibasso @Paul - iBasso needs to seriously look why streaming apps such as tidal sound like crap on their stock rom. Thanks god I found a solution through advanced rom

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #10,910 of 13,478
I just got the mod amp9 from fidelizer and I thought it opened up even more with the absolute clarity and makes the sound real organic/deep.
Glad to have two distinctly different versions of amp (amp8exfe and amp9 fid mod) which I can rotate whenever I get bored with one.
I think I spend enough money on dx200 so it would be the end of bus stop. But then saga continues until I be flat broke or become deaf. :)

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #10,911 of 13,478
I just got the mod amp9 from fidelizer and I thought it opened up even more with the absolute clarity and makes the sound real organic/deep.
Glad to have two distinctly different versions of amp (amp8exfe and amp9 fid mod) which I can rotate whenever I get bored with one.
I think I spend enough money on dx200 so it would be the end of bus stop. But then saga continues until I be flat broke or become deaf. :)
We are all going down this non reversible way of being DEAF....so it makes no differences. However, you choose to enjoy music today is always better than tomorrow, because our hearing will keep on getting worse and worse as each passing day

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #10,912 of 13,478
Sabre dacs are bright and at least dx220 brings out quite a bit of macro detail.
If this is how you hear it, and your dap is not defected. I believe Sony WM1A needs your atention. It is a lot more gentle and a bit warmer ans smoother. But you will loose out on seperation imaging and micro detail.
I personally like dx228 better. I feel it is technically superior.

I agree. Sabre DACs, at least ES9028PRO is quite bright so is the DX220
I don't really understand the design idea of this , such a bright DAC will sound unpleasing to most people using neutral-bright headphones. The idea is to achieve good sound when paired with warm cans ?

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #10,913 of 13,478
Already received the AMP9Mod... nice...
Time to chill and enjoy then..

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #10,914 of 13,478
Got my amp8 Ultimate mod back from him too yesterday. And i think it is lovely synergy with Advanced ROM. I can confirm, the amp adds even more clarity and now treble is beautiful and lush while. Advanced rom improves seperation amd imaging significantly.

What is amp8 exfe like? How does it change the sound. Would be quite interested to get my hands on it.. Shame i missed the train.
If ibasso is doing region locked limited runs. I wish guys from Ibasso could do UK/EU run too..

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #10,915 of 13,478
Got my amp8 Ultimate mod back from him too yesterday. And i think it is lovely synergy with Advanced ROM. I can confirm, the amp adds even more clarity and now treble is beautiful and lush while. Advanced rom improves seperation amd imaging significantly.

What is amp8 exfe like? How does it change the sound. Would be quite interested to get my hands on it.. Shame i missed the train.
If ibasso is doing region locked limited runs. I wish guys from Ibasso could UK/EU run too..

I have both amp8exfe and amp8 ultimate mod. I have not had a chance to use the ultimate mod much since I got amp8exfe but in the beginning
I thought amp8exfe was rather messy in its presentation but it eventually sorted out and sounded much controlled and nice. Didn't want to spend
too much time comparing the two but they sounded nearly same, would be my conclusion.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #10,916 of 13,478
I have both amp8exfe and amp8 ultimate mod. I have not had a chance to use the ultimate mod much since I got amp8exfe but in the beginning
I thought amp8exfe was rather messy in its presentation but it eventually sorted out and sounded much controlled and nice. Didn't want to spend
too much time comparing the two but they sounded nearly same, would be my conclusion.
Thanks. Do you remember which one has less background noise?

I think now i will either go for amp9 or wait for some new amp to come out

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #10,917 of 13,478
well if anything maybe some who know me, they know I barely get impressed and I follow no hype at all

So here is the deal, few weeks ago i tried the free version of fidelizer rom and I did not really feel any improvement. But my frustration mainly stems form using streaming services like tidal on ibasso dx220, and I could clearly notice how lacking tidal sounds in comparison to mango os. And what makes things worse is that I totally rely on streaming, so I said you know what, let me give the advanced rom a try, and I did.

So here it is " Dam amazing " , this advanced rom, literally fixed all my issues with tidal streaming and now I feel that its equivalent to listening to mango os. The veil has been lifted from tidal streaming, and everything became more dynamic, clearer, and things now sound not congested as it was before using advanced rom. I literally can say that tidal on stock rom really is so lacking, and with advanced rom the improvement really took me by a huge surprise

This is a true upgrade especially for people who rely on streaming. This is a must, as I was really not enjoying ibasso dx220 using tidal on it at all, and I tried using tidal from uapp but same thing, not a big difference. But man this advanced rom literally just gave life to how tidal now sounds, what a great upgrade.

I totally recommend it, the free version gives no indication at all of what to you will get from the advanced rom

finally I think ibasso @Paul - iBasso needs to seriously look why streaming apps such as tidal sound like crap on their stock rom. Thanks god I found a solution through advanced rom

I have stock non-Fidelizer ROM. I agree with your assesment of tidal (my primary usage), however I find no problems whatsoever using tidal through UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) which presumably by-passes Android and goes right to the DAC. Given this as my primary usage, as well as Mango player in Mango OS, do I stand to gain any benefit from Advanced Fidelizer ROM? My guess is no.

On stock ROM, did you have experience using UAPP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back