DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #10,398 of 13,478
Take out the amp module, do everything like the first post tell you to do. You should be able to reflash again, the Dx220 and Dx200 can’t be bricked. I am not great at software and firmware, but I can always make it work.

try different usb cables as well

Sometimes your Dx220 is low on battery, charge it.

sometimes your PC USB port can not supply enough Juices, Current or voltage and that prevents it from booting in.

you will get it resolved by keep on trying to reflash, new cables and new USB port....different Pc....etc... throw everything at it

Paul and Ibasso is on Chinese newyear!!

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #10,399 of 13,478
Anyone here can confirm whether there’s (too much) hiss with the iBasso DX220 & Amp9 with the Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold?

I find Amp9 to be a little too hissy for Andromeda, but fine with Atlas. When music is playing it isn’t really noticeable for music that’s a bit uptempo or has a big mix, but can be for, say, quieter acoustic stuff. It works great with Atlas, but I prefer Amp8 for Andro.

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #10,404 of 13,478
Out of curiosity I connected a headphone to the line out and it outputs audio. just like the 3.5mm port. If line out bypasses the amplification how can it generate audio ?
If there was no audio out on a line out, there would be none for the external amp. There is always audio on a line out, it just doesn't have the power or amplifier circuit that the headphone out does in single or balanced out.

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #10,405 of 13,478
If there was no audio out on a line out, there would be none for the external amp. There is always audio on a line out, it just doesn't have the power or amplifier circuit that the headphone out does in single or balanced out.

I found that the line out and 3.5mm ports sound the same, the line out is just slightly less loud. What is the exact difference between them ?

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #10,408 of 13,478
Hmm, I thought amplification is an essential part of any audio chain. So is it possible to connect a headphone straight to a DAC and listen to music without any amplification ?
My understanding is : depends.
Some of line out of DAC is fixed (<=2V) and some are variable up to (4V, my dac), I might have seen some
high end units has >4V.
For the case of fixed output voltage, you have no chance to adjust the volume, so it doesn't make sense.
For variable output dac line out, if your headphone/iem is sensitive enough, it could work given that you are fine
with the volume in controllable range.

Jan 21, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #10,409 of 13,478
My understanding is : depends.
Some of line out of DAC is fixed (<=2V) and some are variable up to (4V, my dac), I might have seen some
high end units has >4V.
For the case of fixed output voltage, you have no chance to adjust the volume, so it doesn't make sense.
For variable output dac line out, if your headphone/iem is sensitive enough, it could work given that you are fine
with the volume in controllable range.
Just to add a bit - from page 6 of the DX220 owners manual (see first post or download from iBasso website) the stock amp module (AMP1 MKII) has a line output of 3.0Vrms which is just a bit below the 3.1Vrms of the single ended max output but well below the 6.2Vrms from the balanced. So using your headphones/IEMs in the line output is just about like listening at full volume from the single ended output. Also, the EQ (and I believe PEQ) settings have no effect on the line out.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back