1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.15.233 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last
  1. icefalkon
    Probably that we were crazy for spending so much money on this hobby! :wink:

JamesKH and Whitigir like this.
  2. arijitroy2
    Reading all this does bring back memories. I'm only 33, but i have been making mix tapes since I was 9 years old on my dad's Sansui stereo stack he had from the 80s.

That was a beautiful system, just putting out tapes, recording radio songs or the audio CDs, and using the sony walkman or aiwa walkman i had to listen to it.

Come to think of it, i have been swapping or upgrading music portables since i was that young!! Always looked out for new earphones and stuff! Good times!

CobraMan, icefalkon and Whitigir like this.
  3. icefalkon
    The world was an awesome place back then, and while our world of technology today is wonderful I think it went sideways. The simpler times, when we had walkmans, boom boxes, mixtapes, and Jenson speakers in our cars...hanging out with your friends at the park and bike riding EVERYWHERE together certainly beats this world of console games, kids glued to cell phones, entitlement, and mind fogs...

Just my $.02

4. JamesKH
    Sometimes the fight comes to you!
    Those 80's Boom Boxes...heavy has heck when you consider some took about a dozen D-sized batteries. You were king if you had double auto-reverse (LaSonic or Panasonc), forget about if you spectrum analyzer built into the face

Layman1, Whitigir and jmills8 like this.
  5. jmills8
    When we listened and danced together. Now we sitting alone hoping wife doesnt find out how much money you spent.

6. icefalkon
    Lol true

7. singleended5863
    No I am being honest to my wife that I spent for my musics. So she can go easy to me means I can spend more later on if I want to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8. Paulo Abreu
    I agree, “Authenticity” AND quality. You guys are getting very nostalgic ... well, just two hours ago I brought +200 vinil records from my father in law house, many albums from 60's and 70's, I did hear a lot of them on the late 70's and early 80's yes, lots of hiss from the Akai reel tapes, cassetes. A bit more practical today, I think I'll drop them in eBay or make some phone calls to some of my vinyl addicted friends.

Bottom line, listen very well because I'll say this only once: Enjoying the music with DX229, never so much fun with my Angie IEM

Gordhifi and Whitigir like this.
  9. Gordhifi
    Sometimes I nostalgically look back and wish I still had my huge album collection and stereos of the age. And then I turn on my Dx 200. 400 gig chock full in the palm of my hand. All is bliss.

10. Whitigir
    One of the thing everybody forget about it is that.....listening to selected track at a finger tip is something none of the analog could do LOL!

The DX220 and Amp9 will give a very analog sound with that practicality of being selective :wink:

Gordhifi likes this.
  11. Gordhifi
    Will the dx200 amp 9 produce the same analog sound?

12. gr8soundz
    My 1st tape player was a cheap portable with no auto reverse! Had to flip cassettes over and fast-forward in order to 'reverse.' We're a long way from those days......

JamesKH and robotncc like this.
  13. Whitigir
    Same ? I can tell you that it has a very close signature to high-end cassette decks, but how close is it ? It depends on how you are perceiving things....lol

dsrk, Gordhifi and icefalkon like this.
  14. icefalkon
    Amen

15. singleended5863
    I listened to DX209Ti. SQ was not same as DX229 that I much prefer as analog SQ.

alota, Gordhifi and Whitigir like this.
First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last