DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #8,086 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso I can’t thank iBasso enough for fixing the navigation in Mango OS lists - its better than I was expecting, it sustains position in every list when going back! All the rest comes as a bonus - Best Regards

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #8,087 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso I can’t thank iBasso enough for fixing the navigation in Mango OS lists - its better than I was expecting, it sustains position in every list when going back! All the rest comes as a bonus - Best Regards
Amen to that my friend! Makes such a tremendous improvement in the navigation interactions and removes one of my key frustrations for sure. The next variation on this is to retain positions across power off/on cycles as well (which was requested in the other thread). I would like to believe and hope that iBasso is still working on a skip-to capability based on the first character of the name (artist, album, song, etc)... That would really be a welcome capability and obviate the need to scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, overshoot, scroll back, scroll back, ... to get to where you are trying to go in long lists that I am sure most everyone has. Hopefully in the next FW update.

Looking forward to checking out the other changes as well.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #8,089 of 13,478
I can't get this update installed. I copied the zip to my SD card and tried the local update. It sees the file but then I get an error message saying validation failed. Any ideas?
You have to unzip the downloaded file and use the new zip, the OTA file.

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #8,091 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso What happens if Album Artist is blank? All my music uses only the Artist tag, my Album Artist fields are empty.
I just checked some of mine and it appears it will use the Contributing Artists field if the Album Artist is blank. If multiple artist are listed under Contributing Artists file property it looks like it uses all the information.

Glad to see they fixed this so songs show up under the associated album artist. Now I will be fixing all my files missing the Album Artist information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Make sure to perform a rescan of your music files for this change to take effect.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #8,093 of 13,478
About this one:

"Added Output Level option for AMP9. Now, high or low output for AMP9 can be chosen under system settings/ audio settings. (Android OS)"

I see a Gain setting in Audio Settings now for Hi/Medium/Low. Is that is the new AMP9 setting? And if so, does the setting stick if using Mango OS?

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #8,094 of 13,478
"Added Output Level option for AMP9. Now, high or low output for AMP9 can be chosen under system settings/ audio settings. (Android OS)"

Thanks for hearing the community iBasso’s developer ^^ Now I’ll wait for DX200 FW UPDATE. Anyone test the new amp9 fw drive capabilities yet?

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #8,095 of 13,478

Thanks for hearing the community iBasso’s developer ^^ Now I’ll wait for DX200 FW UPDATE. Anyone test the new amp9 fw drive capabilities yet?
I have been. Using with the Utopia, much lower volume level with the high output setting and very good sound. No hiss but you will hear it with IEMs and real sensitive phones, but then you don't need the high setting for them. Works great.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #8,096 of 13,478
I have been trying the amp9 with the new update. I still have to turn the volume almost to full to get satisfying listening level. It matters not on android or mango. I am using Klipsch HP-3 for straight out of dap but used the Utopia with the Gs-X mini. With the amp9 I prefer the Klipsch signature. I was so hoping for a bigger improvement in output but, alas, the sound is superb so there's that.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #8,097 of 13,478
I have been trying the amp9 with the new update. I still have to turn the volume almost to full to get satisfying listening level. It matters not on android or mango. I am using Klipsch HP-3 for straight out of dap but used the Utopia with the Gs-X mini. With the amp9 I prefer the Klipsch signature. I was so hoping for a bigger improvement in output but, alas, the sound is superb so there's that.
Are you sure you have it activated? I am around 100 with 50 of the volume left in Android and it is plenty loud with the Utopia. I went up higher but it is just too loud. There are only 2 setting for the AMP to change the output. There is low and high under Audio Settings on the Android system. Ok, I am listening at 110 right now, Utopia and it is a little too loud, 120 hurts my ears but no clipping or collapse of the sound field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back