DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 11, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,641 of 13,478
We have made it purposely easy to change the battery on the DX220, DX200 and DX150. Just the back needs to come off and there is the WiFi antenna to disconnect and then the battery. The battery is good for at least 500 cycles but it is best to charge it when you are done using it on battery because it will last longer. Draining to zero is bad for the battery and will over time, shorten its life. There is no need to discharge every month. If you drain it to 50%, recharge, 20% recharge, 80% recharge. And most importantly, yes, Always Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 11, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,645 of 13,478
The big one will be DX888 :)

To be serious. I am enjoying my DX158 so much that I don't have any urge to upgrade, at the moment that is :)
Or maybe we will have a DX666 which will be devilishly good?

Till then - our ears will bask in DX220 splendor (oh sh** - starting to sound like a fanboy but certainly not a funboy!!!) :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:...

Cheers,
Tim

May 11, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #2,647 of 13,478
$8 for 16 minutes of DSD512 music sampler. Any DX220 owners willing to give it a try?

https://nativedsdpresents.nativedsd.com/albums/NDSD013-nativedsd-presents-5-tracks-in-dsd-512
I have a very hard time believing anything can be recorded in Native DSD.

In short, everything nowadays is PCM recorded for editing purposes and mastering purposes. They are either 368 or higher

To make them into DSD, they would use a converter, and the best converter I have tested is HQPlayer4Pro. It would cost about $3,800, but you can convert every thing you have in your Library into DSD512 :wink:, and there are a lot of options in it.

You can also do what @edwardsean has been doing, applying convolutions, EQ, tape saturation’s if you want...etc....etc....and then convert into DSD512. That is like remastering your own music :wink:

DSD in it Native form is like Analog, you can not edit it without cut+paste, and you can not change anything unless you down convert it into PCM.....also....the only way to record Native DSD is the same as recording any Analog sections. Everything else is....hybrid....and not really Native DSD or Native Analog at all.

But let’s get back to the Dx220. It can do DSD512, and now, finally A&K allow SP2000 to do DSD512....the Dx220 still can not do PCM768 :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #2,648 of 13,478
I have a very hard time believing anything can be recorded in Native DSD.

In short, everything nowadays is PCM recorded for editing purposes and mastering purposes. They are either 368 or higher

To make them into DSD, they would use a converter, and the best converter I have tested is HQPlayer4Pro. It would cost about $3,800, but you can convert every thing you have in your Library into DSD512 :wink:, and there are a lot of options in it.

You can also do what @edwardsean has been doing, applying convolutions, EQ, tape saturation’s if you want...etc....etc....and then convert into DSD512. That is like remastering your own music :wink:

DSD in it Native form is like Analog, you can not edit it without cut+paste, and you can not change anything unless you down convert it into PCM.....also....the only way to record Native DSD is the same as recording any Analog sections. Everything else is....hybrid....and not really Native DSD or Native Analog at all.

But let’s get back to the Dx220. It can do DSD512, and now, finally A&K allow SP2000 to do DSD512....the Dx220 still can not do PCM768 :frowning2:

There is a software that claims to do recording, editing and level adjustments in native DSD. Apparently does it by first converting 1-bit to multibit, and then back to 1-bit.

https://www.superaudiocenter.com/Products.htm

Yes, apparently A&K updated their audio components, but stayed with the same system parts/SoC (as I understood). LDAC is still not included, meaning they have an old version of the Linux kernel and older Android (and no BT receive mode). I would prefer to have BT LDAC receiver than 768 kHz PCM.

May 11, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,649 of 13,478
There is a software that claims to do recording, editing and level adjustments in native DSD. Apparently does it by first converting 1-bit to multibit, and then back to 1-bit.

https://www.superaudiocenter.com/Products.htm

Yes, apparently A&K updated their audio components, but stayed with the same system parts/SoC (as I understood). LDAC is still not included, meaning they have an old version of the Linux kernel and older Android (and no BT receive mode). I would prefer to have BT LDAC receiver than 768 kHz PCM.

And multi-bit is....PCM :wink:...true DSD is 1 bit ....so we cycled back to what I posted above.

However, there is a wave of musicians and artists starting to record in Analog for Reel2Reel and LP coming back. The market is blooming with them, and so real Native DSD recording and editing is not too far away :wink:.

May 11, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2,650 of 13,478
And multi-bit is....PCM :wink:...true DSD is 1 bit ....so we cycled back to what I posted above.

However, there is a wave of musicians and artists starting to record in Analog for Reel2Reel and LP coming back. The market is blooming with them, and so real Native DSD recording and editing is not too far away :wink:.

I thought 90% of the DSD out there was ripped directly from vinyl, AFAIR there was a Sony vinyl player doing it directly?

May 11, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,651 of 13,478

Don't want to hijack the thread but I think multibit DSD is not PCM, it is rather multibit delta to the previous sample rather than absolute sample value. But anyway, what does an image processing person has to say about audio. :) The good point is rise of the good quality audio... I am glad that A&K moved away from their comfort zone a little bit and brought DSD512 (no, not talking about the KANN Cube waste).

May 11, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #2,652 of 13,478
I saw in an earlier post someone said their AMP8 didn’t have a genuine Pentaconn female 4.4 jack so they replaced it and got a better fit. Well, I investigated and compared a genuine Pentaconn from Japan to the Chinese knockoff and the one on the AMP8 and the AMP8 one appears to be genuine. I asked NDICS (4.4 inventor) the wholesale cost of the female 4.4 jack and it’s $3.50. $30 is just the retail price. Perhaps Paul can confirm 100% that the AMP8 uses a genuine NDICS 4.4 jack.

May 11, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,653 of 13,478

My 2cents of conspiracy theory on this topic, A&K is in direct competition with Sony, thus implementing LDAC and 4.4mm balanced is out of the question :D

May 11, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,654 of 13,478
I saw in an earlier post someone said their AMP8 didn’t have a genuine Pentaconn female 4.4 jack so they replaced it and got a better fit. Well, I investigated and compared a genuine Pentaconn from Japan to the Chinese knockoff and the one on the AMP8 and the AMP8 one appears to be genuine. I asked NDICS (4.4 inventor) the wholesale cost of the female 4.4 jack and it’s $3.50. $30 is just the retail price. Perhaps Paul can confirm 100% that the AMP8 uses a genuine NDICS 4.4 jack.
There are 2 versions of pentaconn 4.4 socket. The one in Amp8 is a lower tier than the original, but is authentic

May 11, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2,655 of 13,478
Don't want to hijack the thread but I think multibit DSD is not PCM, it is rather multibit delta to the previous sample rather than absolute sample value. But anyway, what does an image processing person has to say about audio. :) The good point is rise of the good quality audio... I am glad that A&K moved away from their comfort zone a little bit and brought DSD512 (no, not talking about the KANN Cube waste).
No, you are correct. I just kinda take true DSD is 1 bit stream. But to be able to edit, it gotta be not only multibit...but PCM. If it was Delta multibit to join back at the end of the chain as of what the DAC-IC is generally do....it really is multibit Delta as you said as that is the only way to transmit VIA I2S

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back