DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #8,806 of 22,021
Can the dx200 be used while plugged into mains/charging?

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #8,807 of 22,021
They look so ghetto bling. :grin: It looks like a DAP dedicated to some rapper. LOL.

This brings iBasso creds down for me. I was hoping they wouldn't stoop so low like AK. It makes seem like you are a buncha suckaas(especially if you carry that around).

I think that it keeps the credentials of a company. Gold, Cooper and other finishes are really big in some countries, and at the end of the day, it is a matter of personal prefference. You can't really blame people for liking something one way or another.

About the sound though, I really don't know what to say... I won't even speculate at this point, better to say how it is after I hear it, if this will be the case.

All in all, it is never bad for a company to release colors and more versions of something, it grows their audience, and this gives them more budget to work with when doing R&D and software development, so we should all be glad that iBasso is bringing more items to us!

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #8,809 of 22,021
I thinl im pretty much sold on one of these. Non copper / bling edition :p

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #8,810 of 22,021
i bought a 2A charger(using stock cable). sometimes i listen and charge at same time
about colours and shielding, i stay with mine. i think more important is the release of new amp modules

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #8,811 of 22,021

It certainly can! This was a HUGE plus point for me. All the other DAP's I've had (all 3 of them lol) could either play or charge, but not both.

For me, the battery life is more than enough, but because I'm out and about a lot, I just like the security of knowing that my things are fully charged, or charging them whilst in cafes etc.
So being able to charge whilst listening is just fantastic:)

Furthermore, when you consider the 'burn-in' cable that iBasso supply with the DX200, burn-in becomes incredibly simple.
I just left mine on, pretty much 24 hours a day for around a week, with absolutely zero problems or background noise pollution :D

Unfortunately, I have the AMP3 now, but seem to have lost the burn-in cable >.<
Gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. Updates to follow in a month or two :p

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #8,812 of 22,021
A week long 24/7 burn in?? Crickey dick! how can it take so long?

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #8,813 of 22,021
Cuz ibasso recommend user to burn in the device for at least 200 hr.

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #8,814 of 22,021
Does it have to be a continual burn in or can it be done in parts?
Also what physically happens to it during the burn process?

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #8,815 of 22,021
I think that it keeps the credentials of a company. Gold, Cooper and other finishes are really big in some countries, and at the end of the day, it is a matter of personal prefference. You can't really blame people for liking something one way or another.

About the sound though, I really don't know what to say... I won't even speculate at this point, better to say how it is after I hear it, if this will be the case.

All in all, it is never bad for a company to release colors and more versions of something, it grows their audience, and this gives them more budget to work with when doing R&D and software development, so we should all be glad that iBasso is bringing more items to us!

All good points!
My personal take on all this.. For anyone that cares.. :p

Two points:
1) iBasso have built up huge credibility by producing items like the DX200 which offer outstanding, even TOTL performance at a far lower cost than their competitors (and I'd throw their IT03 IEM and CB13 hybrid cable into that discussion). Their attention to detail with the hardware components, customer service, interactions here on the thread, tireless pushing ahead to innovate and improve, all make them stand out. They have built up a loyal following and achieved success.

However, they all need to pay rent, keep the business afloat, support their own families etc.
There's a marketing principle, concerning the dangers of just manufacturing and trying to sell only the things that you personally like: "don't sell what you can make; make what you can sell".
There's clearly demand out there (and even on this thread) for copper/titanium/gold versions. If there's demand, it would be foolish from a business perspective to ignore that demand when they can economically be able to satisfy it and provide more options and attract an even wider audience.

I have a PRS Tremonti SE guitar. I personally love it, it offers outstanding value for the price and looks like a guitar 3 times the price. The fact that they released this budget range of guitars (which are still excellent) doesn't in any way detract from the prestige of their main range. And as the owner of a mid-range one, I couldn't care less that they can sell a custom rosewood guitar for £5k, I still love my guitar and all the best to those who are willing to pay £5k for theirs :)
There's equally numerous examples of respected companies operating in the budget or mid-range who successfully offered higher-end products without alienating their existing customer base or hindering their continued activity and improvement in those lower markets.

2) Either the different shell materials provide an alteration in sound or they don't. Until somebody finds a way to measurably prove it, it comes down to personal opinion/experience.
In this regard, it's little different between cables, DSD and so on (and I'm NOT going to go there on this thread lol). I'm inclined to trust @jamato8 's ears in this case, but either way it's fine. Even if it makes no difference, then you can regard it as a cosmetic option, offering an increased variety of choices for their consumers, which is generally considered to be A Good Thing :)

If I could afford it, I'd buy one of them. Because I rather like the idea of carrying around a large gold brick and suspect it will look awesome in real life :D
Besides, who knows? One day, I might be required at short notice to make a 'Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster' :p

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #8,816 of 22,021
Does it have to be a continual burn in or can it be done in parts?
Also what physically happens to it during the burn process?

You're basically partially charring the components in order to release their full potential. Once you smell burning (in technical terms 'the smoke point'), it's ok to stop.

Please don't ever do that, I'm just kidding :p

You can stop and start as much as you like. Even if you just listened to it for a couple of hours a day without any conscious attempt at burning it in, then you'd eventually get the same benefits :)
It's just that it's supposed to make it sound better. Something to do with capacitors (and possibly other components) taking some time to achieve peak performance.
So from that point of view, the sooner you finish the prescribed 50 - 200 hours of burn-in (recommendations vary from product to product and user to user), the sooner you'll be hearing it at it's best.
It was @Paul - iBasso who told me the DX200 could be burned in continuously like that. I was scared it would explode after 18 hours or something or that it would negatively affect the battery, but actually it was all fine, just as he said :D

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #8,817 of 22,021
Oh its alot more simpler than i was anticipating.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #8,818 of 22,021
All good points!
My personal take on all this.. For anyone that cares.. :p

Two points:
1) iBasso have built up huge credibility by producing items like the DX200 which offer outstanding, even TOTL performance at a far lower cost than their competitors (and I'd throw their IT03 IEM and CB13 hybrid cable into that discussion). Their attention to detail with the hardware components, customer service, interactions here on the thread, tireless pushing ahead to innovate and improve, all make them stand out. They have built up a loyal following and achieved success.

However, they all need to pay rent, keep the business afloat, support their own families etc.
There's a marketing principle, concerning the dangers of just manufacturing and trying to sell only the things that you personally like: "don't sell what you can make; make what you can sell".
There's clearly demand out there (and even on this thread) for copper/titanium/gold versions. If there's demand, it would be foolish from a business perspective to ignore that demand when they can economically be able to satisfy it and provide more options and attract an even wider audience.

I have a PRS Tremonti SE guitar. I personally love it, it offers outstanding value for the price and looks like a guitar 3 times the price. The fact that they released this budget range of guitars (which are still excellent) doesn't in any way detract from the prestige of their main range. And as the owner of a mid-range one, I couldn't care less that they can sell a custom rosewood guitar for £5k, I still love my guitar and all the best to those who are willing to pay £5k for theirs :)
There's equally numerous examples of respected companies operating in the budget or mid-range who successfully offered higher-end products without alienating their existing customer base or hindering their continued activity and improvement in those lower markets.

2) Either the different shell materials provide an alteration in sound or they don't. Until somebody finds a way to measurably prove it, it comes down to personal opinion/experience.
In this regard, it's little different between cables, DSD and so on (and I'm NOT going to go there on this thread lol). I'm inclined to trust @jamato8 's ears in this case, but either way it's fine. Even if it makes no difference, then you can regard it as a cosmetic option, offering an increased variety of choices for their consumers, which is generally considered to be A Good Thing :)

If I could afford it, I'd buy one of them. Because I rather like the idea of carrying around a large gold brick and suspect it will look awesome in real life :D
Besides, who knows? One day, I might be required at short notice to make a 'Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster' :p

I can vouch for iBasso’s team attentiveness.

From the start of me contacting Paul for repairing the ghost touch screen, to the RMA process, until the delivery back to me (it was express delivery by the way), he always replied promptly and always being helpful at any time possible.

It’s good for iBasso to have a nice product, but what makes them EXCELLENT is the after service and interaction with the buyer.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #8,819 of 22,021
And one more (bonus) point regarding the new releases:

3) It's a bit regrettable that these updates concerning the new products have resulted in a debate concerning the aesthetic, economic and physical merits of copper, titanium and gold.
An already stunning DAP is going to available in alternative metal versions that may look stunning and that may also offer subtle changes in sound signature. That's good, but not huge.

For me, the real news here is that the IT04 and IT01 seem to be almost ready for release! (!!!) :D
I personally have been astonished that the IT03 at $259 is, for me, competitive with even some TOTL IEM's and certainly any mid-tier ones.
I am still impressed daily by their wide soundstage, detail and clarity, and the way the dynamic drivers handle bass and percussion, adding a tactile feel that even my TOTL balanced armature IEM can't match.

Hence I was shocked to hear the IT04 previously and hear an immediate and noticeable improvement in soundstage, detail and clarity.
And I've heard that the tuning has been tweaked and that it now sounds better than it did back at CanJam! So yes, this to me is the big news.
I haven't been this excited since I first became aware of the existence of ladyfolk as a teenager :p

It's worth mentioning also that the dynamic driver on the IT04 was developed in-house by iBasso and is a significant step up from that of the IT03.
That same new dynamic driver is going to be used in the IT01, at what will probably be a frankly ludicrously cheap price.
I suspect these are going to do to their respective IEM markets what the DX200 has done to the TOTL DAP market.
Be excited. Be *very* excited :D

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #8,820 of 22,021
See some more pic of it01, it04, and backside of dx200 Cu in the link below.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5328954338

My Chinese isn't good enough to know what they're all saying. Hopefully the reaction was as positive as mine.
But this user seemed to have a comically violent reaction :D
upload_2017-9-19_11-2-25.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back