DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #8,776 of 22,021
Wow, Just announced on iBasso's Facebook.

21463319_1814044245291446_6788449002225677942_n.jpg

Holy, moly, gold-y goodies....jeez....I want it!

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #8,777 of 22,021
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #8,780 of 22,021
I dunno i like the stock colour better. Looks more stylish and sofisticated and not cheapish and bling

Well, that is the beauty of Cooper and Gold in general. It doesn't look cheap-ish bling, it looks like real value. Being a metalhead, I tend to like silvery finishes as well, but I have a few friends who really like Cooper versions of their DAPs

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #8,781 of 22,021
Are the Amp modules going to come in multiple colors now as well? Otherwise it would be quite a stylistic mismatch.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #8,782 of 22,021
Are the Amp modules going to come in multiple colors now as well? Otherwise it would be quite a stylistic mismatch.

Well, those amp modules will be released in limited number just like the Cu version itself I guess ? Unless you want to dip in those special modules as well for your regular version, then that is your doing

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #8,783 of 22,021
Well, those amp modules will be released in limited number just like the Cu version itself I guess ? Unless you want to dip in those special modules as well for your regular version, then that is your doing
Hahah maybe... I'm sure iBasso has figured out a more elegant solution than having us dip the Amp modules to try match the precise color and finish they use on the new shells :)

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #8,784 of 22,021
So there is standard aluminium, will be titanium, and copper gold plated. Probably the amplifier modules will come in same materials. Good to have so many options to choose from.
Final thing left: more internal memory at least 128 GB.
Many AK fans will be switching to Ibasso, i have a feeling:)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #8,785 of 22,021
So there is standard aluminium, will be titanium, and copper gold plated. Probably the amplifier modules will come in same materials. Good to have so many options to choose from.

More memory, and quick charge :D...hell, who doesn't want quick charge

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #8,786 of 22,021
I don't know...I find this whole copper/titanium thing cheesy...I know it's bling...but hey each to their own. I'm really surprised the iBasso went this route, I never thought this was their thing, but it's definitely going to lure a whole lot more people in. I've been dealing with iBasso since the beginning 10yrs ago and they've had their up's and downs, but they've always stood by their product line. The fact that everything some of us said, in the beginning, has come to become common knowledge about the DX200 is fantastic. This DAP by far outshines the competition as a TOTL unit. Value, Sound, Aesthetics, Ease of Use, Customer Support, and Updates are all in the Win Corner!

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #8,789 of 22,021
They look so ghetto bling. :grin: It looks like a DAP dedicated to some rapper. LOL.

This brings iBasso creds down for me. I was hoping they wouldn't stoop so low like AK. It makes seem like you are a buncha suckaas(especially if you carry that around).
It isn't all bling. I listened a lot to the titanium version at CanJam and while the internals were the same as the DX200 aluminum the sound was not. It has to be how it shields and the ground difference. I found the titanium a little more transparent and an even slightly more black background. There is an affect on the signal using these different materials so I wouldn't be quick to say it is done for bling. I would guess they gold plated the copper for oxidation reasons but you would have to ask them.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #8,790 of 22,021
By the time they release casing with different metals they should release FW that fixes the annoying song head cut thing, plaese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back