DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 26, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #21,961 of 22,021
I had this issue several months ago when Tidal updated. No sound.

Easily remedied though. Just download an older version (around 2.27.2-999 or older) and make sure you don't update it.
Thanks, will try, Tidal was recently updated when I checked version.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #21,962 of 22,021

Easily remedied though. Just download an older version (around 2.27.2-999 or older) and make sure you don't update it.

Sorry, it’s been a while since I used Android, do I need to uninstall current Tidal first and lose existing downloads? I have Play installed, can that download other than current version, or do I remember getting an APK file from PC download or direct to DX200? Thanks.

edit- ignore that, realised need to search for that versions APK, installed, works again!

thanks very much for help

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #21,963 of 22,021
Sorry, it’s been a while since I used Android, do I need to uninstall current Tidal first and lose existing downloads? I have Play installed, can that download other than current version, or do I remember getting an APK file from PC download or direct to DX200? Thanks.

edit- ignore that, realised need to search for that versions APK, installed, works again!

thanks very much for help
Awesome! Glad I could help.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #21,964 of 22,021

Thanks for the solution. I was getting crazy trying to make Tidal work fine, but it seems that since version 2.27 the updates cause problems with DX200.

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #21,965 of 22,021
I'm needing a new battery for my DX200, could you please help with this @Paul - iBasso ?

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #21,967 of 22,021
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #21,969 of 22,021
Batt replacement is super easy and fun on iBasso DAPs

IT IS HEAVEN

I broke my smartphone the previous weekend, replacing anything on a smartphone is NOT FUN.

So I'm thankful for how iBasso made things with their DAPs :)
Yeah, exactly ! That keeps it running for many years to come, just so long as there are batteries for it

Apr 6, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #21,970 of 22,021
I'm needing a new battery for my DX200, could you please help with this @Paul - iBasso ?
You can email Paul. I ordered one from ali, not a very good experience.
And they're not expensive (original Ibasso)...

May 7, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #21,971 of 22,021
I am new to DAPs and got myself a DX200. I stream using Apple Music and download to listen offline. I use the internal 64gb storage, if I install an SD card, can this be used to download more Apple Music content to listen offline ? or is it just for storing and listening to your own music files ? I only use it in android mode, because I don't have my 'own' music files, mango isn't of much use to me at this time.

May 7, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #21,972 of 22,021
I am new to DAPs and got myself a DX200. I stream using Apple Music and download to listen offline. I use the internal 64gb storage, if I install an SD card, can this be used to download more Apple Music content to listen offline ? or is it just for storing and listening to your own music files ? I only use it in android mode, because I don't have my 'own' music files, mango isn't of much use to me at this time.
an SD card can be used exactly like an external hard drive
With the greatest respect though, playing higher quality audio or DSD will really allow the DX200 to shine and show you all it can offer :)

May 8, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #21,973 of 22,021
I am new to DAPs and got myself a DX200. I stream using Apple Music and download to listen offline. I use the internal 64gb storage, if I install an SD card, can this be used to download more Apple Music content to listen offline ?
Yes. I don't store files on the internal storage.
or is it just for storing and listening to your own music files ? I only use it in android mode, because I don't have my 'own' music files, mango isn't of much use to me at this time.
All your DL apple Music files, you can try to play it back in the Mango, maybe you can hear sound improvements...

Jul 16, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #21,974 of 22,021
Have had a DX-200 for a few years now. A few things I’d like to share. Firstly, I’ve tried a number of different headphones with the DAP and the best match (under A$2000, closed back) I’ve discovered is the Beyerdynamic AK TP-5 Gen 2. I’ve tried (and owned) numerous different headphones and iems (including Shire KSE1200, Audeze LCD-X, Fostex TH-600 and several Focal headphones) but the Beyers just sound great without any need to EQ. Second, I use Fidelizer Purist ROM and run the player in dedicated Mango mode (sounds better than Android IMO). Third, I’m using the Amp1 Mk2 and I recently had Fidelizer do the Signature H/W update which has also improved the DAP sound (maybe 15-20% better, but this is a bit subjective, the bass is definitely better and the mids and upper frequencies seem to have opened up a bit as well- only had the updated amp for a few weeks so possibly could get better after more burn in??). Was going to sell the DX-200 as I have other more expensive gear that sounds better, but for a mid priced DAP and Headphone combination that I’m happy to take out and about, it’s hard to beat.

Jul 16, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #21,975 of 22,021
Have had a DX-200 for a few years now. A few things I’d like to share. Firstly, I’ve tried a number of different headphones with the DAP and the best match (under A$2000, closed back) I’ve discovered is the Beyerdynamic AK TP-5 Gen 2. I’ve tried (and owned) numerous different headphones and iems (including Shire KSE1200, Audeze LCD-X, Fostex TH-600 and several Focal headphones) but the Beyers just sound great without any need to EQ. Second, I use Fidelizer Purist ROM and run the player in dedicated Mango mode (sounds better than Android IMO). Third, I’m using the Amp1 Mk2 and I recently had Fidelizer do the Signature H/W update which has also improved the DAP sound (maybe 15-20% better, but this is a bit subjective, the bass is definitely better and the mids and upper frequencies seem to have opened up a bit as well- only had the updated amp for a few weeks so possibly could get better after more burn in??). Was going to sell the DX-200 as I have other more expensive gear that sounds better, but for a mid priced DAP and Headphone combination that I’m happy to take out and about, it’s hard to beat.
So what sounds better? I tried the kann and didn't really like it, also tried cayin and fiio's higher end and can't say it was better
And I am curious, does anything really sound better at around a similar msrp? Or do I need to save up a small used car payment ($2000-3000) to do better sound quality wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back