DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 20, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #22,007 of 22,021

It means that it's not seeing the PC or the other way round. Stupid question but did you restart both dap and pc? Try another cable?
Unfortunately I'll have to dig around for another cable; i'm not sure I have one. I have done the restart a few times. At least I know i'm not crazy and doing something wrong at this point - its a pc detect issue.

May 20, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #22,008 of 22,021
Solved! Cable issue. The usb icon that the manual says to look for still doesn't show up but in the settings I can now select from the USB tab. Why one cable would work while the cable FROM IBASSO does not is beyond me :). Technology, eh?

Thanks for helping.

May 20, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #22,009 of 22,021
Solved! Cable issue. The usb icon that the manual says to look for still doesn't show up but in the settings I can now select from the USB tab. Why one cable would work while the cable FROM IBASSO does not is beyond me :). Technology, eh?

Thanks for helping.
Well buddy it happens. I really don't know why but at least you fixed it. It happened to me with a specific cable but if you pushed the cable up or down near the plug on the dap it worked intermittently. Most probably the cable end is screwed. :wink:

May 20, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #22,010 of 22,021

Thanks for helping.

Well buddy it happens. I really don't know why but at least you fixed it. It happened to me with a specific cable but if you pushed the cable up or down near the plug on the dap it worked intermittently. Most probably the cable end is screwed. :wink:
Some cables are charge only. Others will also handle data exchange. It's in the wiring. This article explains in detail.

https://www.dignited.com/50330/usb-...s, on the,cables only charges your smartphone.

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #22,013 of 22,021
Issue with Mine...
Charges as per normal, and turns on, yet the moment I plug any jack in it just switches off.
This happens regardless of the amount of charge displayed on the home screen.
Tested it with Amp 1 and 9 so far, same result, so doubt it's the amp module at fault.
*puzzled*
Does it do this with it hooked up to the charger? Also, try it with no am mounted. And also, have you done a factory reset?

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #22,015 of 22,021
Same result with no amp module mounted...

Just tore it down...
All is good with charger attached at 53% indicated battery whilst on charge.
The moment the charger is unplugged it bricks itself.
New battery time...
Any links for suitable replacement would be appreciated.
Yes, you need a new battery. You have to get them from ibasso as they have them specially made from what I remember.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #22,019 of 22,021
Thanks for the solution. I was getting crazy trying to make Tidal work fine, but it seems that since version 2.27 the updates cause problems with DX200.
Just encountered this issue. Thanks for posting the fix, but yeah it's weird and bad.

FWIW 2.50 works, IDK how many later versions do yet.

[Update] Have had a frustrating time trying to get Tidal working *audibly* on this device, since it had been my primary streaming app prior to buying a DX200. Having tried maybe 5 versions, I think I've found one that's viable (for me: plays hi-res FLACs and has an up-to-date UI with bit-rate display etc. It's version 2.96.0. Hopefully this spares someone else the hassle. On Oreo, latest firmware.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #22,020 of 22,021
Hi
The left channel of my dx200 AMP1 stopped working the two headphones and the line out, when I connect headphones, there is noise on the left channel.
The digital out and usb work, the operations system too, Someone with the same problem?
Thanks for any help,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back