DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #18,196 of 22,021
Really rare photo. Had access to all three DX200 incarnations together today.
Took some time listening to Ti today (with Amp1Ti + CB12 + IT04). It obviously does sound better than the vanilla version.
Stage and separation and trebles and cleanness are on the very next level.
The only con is the price. Would somebody like to buy my mint-condition DX200+IT03 in Ukraine? :)

I'm guessing a picture taken at Era-in-Ear store :wink:

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #18,197 of 22,021
I'm guessing a picture taken at Era-in-Ear store :wink:
Yes, you're right. What also worries me is that volume rocker on Ti was fiddling a half millimeter along the axis. That hardly correspond to the price tag.
P.S. And is the Cu version heavy!

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #18,198 of 22,021
Yes, you're right. What also worries me is that volume rocker on Ti was fiddling a half millimeter along the axis. That hardly correspond to the price tag.
P.S. And is the Cu version heavy!

Volume wheel is very easy to fix, either if it's too tight or too loose. Just a few screws and it's done :wink:

ibasso_dx200_display-04.jpg

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #18,199 of 22,021
Yes, I don’t think I have heard the level of details retrieval upper spectrum like the Dx200TI, be it DSD512 or PCM. It Especially sound even better when follow DIY Amp8 upgrades

Agreed with @Whitigir that I only did the phase I mod (swap the orange cap with Nichicon cap) based on his help and can hear a big difference in upper spectrum with huge soundstage. :L3000:

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #18,200 of 22,021
Quickie, for those that have upgraded to Oreo, are you having issues with media apps (neutron, UAPP) not responding to the hardware buttons (forward and back, only) when the screen is off? Maybe I am missing a new setting somewhere in the base OS? Mango works fine, of course

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #18,201 of 22,021
Quickie, for those that have upgraded to Oreo, are you having issues with media apps (neutron, UAPP) not responding to the hardware buttons (forward and back, only) when the screen is off? Maybe I am missing a new setting somewhere in the base OS? Mango works fine, of course

I noticed the same thing in Tidal at one point, but I believe it was resolved after I re-installed the 8.1 beta, then did both a factory reset and cleared the cache from the debugging screen (with device powered off, hold down power and play button together for about 10 seconds when running android 8.1 beta). After that, I sideloaded Tidal and Neutron again. I just tested Tidal and Neutron, and all media buttons work with screen on or off. I also left the screen off for 10 minutes while music was playing, then checked again, just to make sure it wasn't a wake lock problem. Again, things worked exactly as expected for me. I know it's a pain to wipe everything and try again from a clean image, but that did appear to fix things for me. :ksc75smile:

@newtophones07: Do check Neutron settings, there is one under Connection and Controls called "Media Buttons" which should be enabled. Tidal does not have anything similar, and historically just works. I'm not aware of any options in the Android OS settings which would affect media button function in 3rd party software.

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #18,202 of 22,021
Received amp7 today sounds pretty good out of the box

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #18,203 of 22,021
Really?

I was kind of uneasy about attempting the Oreo upgrade even with a PC, that would be good news...

On your topic I had several instances (3-4 times) where AMP8 drained my battery at once (or at least the device thinks it doesn't have juice). One time I might have not have waited enough after shut down for amp switching. The other times I waited quite a bit so I am pretty sure it was OK.

From what I am reading @Paul - iBasso, this could mean AMP8 needs servicing?

@davidmolliere - Just wanted to follow up and let you know I got my DX200 working again. Even though the screen wouldn't turn on for a while, when I held down the play button then plugged in USB to my computer, the device was recognized in the 8.1 factory tool, and after re-loading the 8.1 beta, the screen magically turned back on, and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks @Paul - iBasso for the offline support as well!

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #18,204 of 22,021
I noticed the same thing in Tidal at one point, but I believe it was resolved after I re-installed the 8.1 beta, then did both a factory reset and cleared the cache from the debugging screen (with device powered off, hold down power and play button together for about 10 seconds when running android 8.1 beta). After that, I sideloaded Tidal and Neutron again. I just tested Tidal and Neutron, and all media buttons work with screen on or off. I also left the screen off for 10 minutes while music was playing, then checked again, just to make sure it wasn't a wake lock problem. Again, things worked exactly as expected for me. I know it's a pain to wipe everything and try again from a clean image, but that did appear to fix things for me. :ksc75smile:

@newtophones07: Do check Neutron settings, there is one under Connection and Controls called "Media Buttons" which should be enabled. Tidal does not have anything similar, and historically just works. I'm not aware of any options in the Android OS settings which would affect media button function in 3rd party software.

Thanks I'll try your method.

Another Oreo question. In the mango app (in either mango mode or android mode), I do not have the ability to delete files (or folders) on the external microsd card. I can click to delete the file in the directory map in mango, but once I back out of the folder and refresh, the "deleted" file remains. This is only impacting the external SD card. Did I miss a storage permission somewhere?

one more set of kudos to Ibasso engineers, as the Oreo Mango OS sounds SO AWESOME now.

Also it would be cool, if the software team could add the feature in the mango app, such that in the now playing screen, while listening to a song, if you could "tap" on the progress line to jump to a place on the song, instead of having to always "drag" from left to right to move through a song. Sometimes I like to skip intro's or skit's that are in some songs.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #18,205 of 22,021
Just installed the Beta and it works flawlessly. Even Qobuz works perfect. and I do appreciate a better sound in Android, fuller, better defined. I guess the App is better optimized for 8.1. I have also installed Lurker's add-on and for now is working as expected, Google Play included. BTW thanks for the info on how to register the device.
Only issue I have is that the scan of my 400Gb card takes ages in Mango-Android

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #18,206 of 22,021
Is there any way to stop mango from running in full screen mode in Android on 8.1? I'd love to have the standard 3 android buttons (back, home and app switcher) always visible.

Oct 10, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #18,208 of 22,021
How are people finding the Amp modules after the Oreo 8.1 update?

To my ears before there used be quite audible and striking differences between them before the update.

Now the differences seem to be less extreme.

Oct 10, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #18,209 of 22,021
Volume wheel is very easy to fix, either if it's too tight or too loose. Just a few screws and it's done :wink:

Mine needed that plastic spacer found in my AMP 8 box. Once I put that between the wheel and unit, perfect.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back