DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #16,396 of 22,021
Wow that Leonidas cable is ridiculously priced. No joke guys check out Ted from Teds Headphone Lounge on here. His cables are fantastic and a third of the price.

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #16,398 of 22,021
This is why high-end keeps getting more expensive. Check out Sony new DMP-Z1 kakaka

Or check Spiral Ear new SE6 at almost 6K€...

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #16,399 of 22,021
Or check Spiral Ear new SE6 at almost 6K€...
I would jump on Sony newest IER-Z1R. It has excellent pricing and that crossover made of exotic materials

This is one part I never understand about multi driver iems. Some of them go for thousands, and yet, cheap crossover parts, and only marketing praising about the meticulous housing, drivers and frequencies respond ?

From loud speakers experiences, Crossover and the materials are heart and soul of multi drivers (the tuning, the materials). Most important is the materials. The first one to get this done right is Sony upcoming IER-Z1R which will be a heavenly gear toward Dx200 !! The first time some IEMS excites me

Look at these: thin film capacitors, Fine sounds Resistors, Silver-good alloy solders for the cross over! Not to mention the Ba driver is Silverplated coice coil ( the first of it kind, developed by Sony)
84A9919E-07F5-4888-80CE-7F2D131AB64C.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #16,401 of 22,021
I would jump on Sony newest IER-Z1R. It has excellent pricing and that crossover made of exotic materials
This is one part I never understand about multi driver iems. Some of them go for thousands, and yet, cheap crossover parts, and only marketing praising about the meticulous housing, drivers and frequencies respond ?
From loud speakers experiences, Crossover and the materials are heart and soul of multi drivers (the tuning, the materials). Most important is the materials. The first one to get this done right is Sony upcoming IER-Z1R which will be a heavenly gear toward Dx200 !! The first time some IEMS excites me

I have it in my sight, I did miss the part about exotic crossover though.
I find it interesting that they use a 2 DD + 1 BA setup, with one of the DD dedicated to the highs, the other low and mids and the BA is full band... unusual. As usual all those drivers are developed in house.

You probably have seen this :
q0ZBxxpqXjMAKCDpYOyBPBCUu172dh.png

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #16,402 of 22,021
Yes, it is unusual but technically speaking, it is the best configurations. Music reproductions for iems and or headphones always interest me. The reason why they opt for this way Is because BA is better for the upper low-mid range rather than high frequencies as people has been mislead into. Then the limitations is that sub-bass isn’t too well performed with BA. Therefore Sony went with this configuration in Z1R. I don’t know what they marketing with but the ideal configurations for any good BA would be that the BA is upper low and full mid range. Sub bass and high frequencies are better jobs for dynamic

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #16,404 of 22,021
Did someone test dx200 with vega iem from campfire audio ?

Yes I have for over a year and it's a very good match :)
The Vega needs a neutral source IMHO, with good power, otherwise you're going to miss out on the Vega in the sense that you'll miss bass control and it desperately needs it. Otherwise you'll miss out on the mids, and treble will sound harsh as well. The Vega craves power. Power is the only way to get a more balanced presentation out of the Vega. Don't misread this, it will still feature powerful and dominant bass, just less so and that's a good thing.

The DX200 is a great match in that sense, it was really such a great pairing when I upgraded I discovered new facets to the Vega :)

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #16,405 of 22,021
Did someone test dx200 with vega iem from campfire audio ?
I have the Vega and the DX200 and DX200Ti. The Vega is very, very, very good with both. When I am listening to the Ti and Vega I don’t miss my HD800S. That speaks volumes for how good it sounds to me. From highs to lows to soundstage to detail to separation it is really good. The lows are not too overpowering to me. It does not control the sound and muddy it up. Great iem!

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #16,407 of 22,021
I am too impatient waiting for Ibasso to release type C audio grade usb cables. I have just ordered with Moon-Audio. This will complete my Dx200Ti configurations :D.

On another note, I did make a mistake of reviewing Dx200 without using IEMS. As the result, I sold my Dx200 detailed that it has no problems....but it hiss with some people IEMS. My apologies that I did not foresee this. But then again, I am only an enthusiast and Not sponsored Reviewer where I can get items sponsored and test out everything for you guys. But you know that you will always get the honest impressions from me and what I can afford to do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back