DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 15, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #16,426 of 22,021
That's not normal. I've used the Phantom on Amp 1, 3, 4, and 8 - no noise on any of them. Contact Paul.

Like you have absolutly no floor noise not a tiny bit? Any typo of noise. Or maybe I got cat ears catching all hisses lol

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #16,428 of 22,021
Like you have absolutly no floor noise not a tiny bit? Any typo of noise. Or maybe I got cat ears catching all hisses lol
You mentioned it was quite loud so I doubt it's your cat, or I guess tiger, ears. I hear absolutely zero hiss while playing tracks, if I set the volume to 0 I think I hear none as well but also trick myself into thinking I maybe hear some semblance of hiss 30 miles away, but that's prob mental.

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #16,429 of 22,021
You mentioned it was quite loud so I doubt it's your cat, or I guess tiger, ears. I hear absolutely zero hiss while playing tracks, if I set the volume to 0 I think I hear none as well but also trick myself into thinking I maybe hear some semblance of hiss 30 miles away, but that's prob mental.
:D lol, you cracked me up so hard. !

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #16,430 of 22,021
Aug 15, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #16,431 of 22,021

K the probleme is quiet obvious when you not playing music, turn on dx200 and plug your iem and you should hear something in the background low floor noise. When playing music you hear only when it get super quiet in some occasions whisper quiet enough that its going below the floor noise.
Yes you aimed it right I got tiger Ears Roooarrrrs :p

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #16,432 of 22,021
K the probleme is quiet obvious when you not playing music, turn on dx200 and plug your iem and you should hear something in the background low floor noise. When playing music you hear only when it get super quiet in some occasions whisper quiet enough that its going below the floor noise.
Yes you aimed it right I got tiger Ears Roooarrrrs :p
Nope no noise, my bat ears detected nothing. There must be something wrong with your unit.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #16,433 of 22,021
Nope no noise, my bat ears detected nothing. There must be something wrong with your unit.

I read this thread and this guy is also detecting noise he cals it hiss

Dingding123

100+ Head-Fier

I had just tried the dx200 (on amp 1) for a short while (1.5 hrs). I come from Onkyo Dp-x1 (and fiio x3 before that). Here are my thoughts. Note that one man's meat is another's poison, you have to listen and judge the sound personally before you purchase.
IEM1: Empire Ears Arthur + Excalibur cable
IEM2: Zeus XR Adel + plussound silver-gold litz (yes, unusual pairing, but it is my favorite combination for acoustic tracks)
Output: 2.5mm trrs
Impressions: (all equipments I used were fully burned-in.) Dx200 has an airy and transparent sound. It's bass quantity is controlled and textured. It is also slightly bright.
It didn't pair well with Zeus XR, but is awesome on Arthur. Both are very sensitive iem, and has some hiss when plugged into the dx200. The hiss is negligible on Arthur but quite significant on Zeus.
Compared to Onkyo DP-x1 (ACG mode), dx200 has a more extended treble and slightly wider soundstage. Imaging is equally precise. DP-x1 sounds deeper has thicker mids and somewhat looser bass. The DX200 is faster and has a more textured bass. I know this might be a preferred sound more many, I didn't like it, especially on the Zeus R + Plussound silver-gold combo, which is already very bright and lean.
As for Arthur, it sounds better than Zeus on dx200 in terms of bass quantity, but it still sounds marginally better on Dp-x1 to me.
This is not to discredit the highly anticipated dx200, it's simply that I don't enjoy the sound when it is paired with the particular IEMs I happened to pair with. However, I guess the dx200 would sound very good with Noble K10, Lime Ears Aether and Custom Art Harmony 8.2, all of which sound less analytical and have more mid-bass impact than Zeus.
As for the software, I found the Android UI responsive and sleek. The stock music player has 6 (or is it 8?) digital filters to choose from, much like the Dp-x1. Each filter yields a slightly different sound texture without altering the overall sound signature and presentation. However, the filter settings seems to be exclusive to the stock music app, as opposed to the global implementation in DP-x1, so one may not be able to choose the filter when usong third party music apps or streaming services. Hopefully they can implement the digital filter as a global setting in the upcoming firmware updates.
I didn't have the time to test out the Mango system so I can't comment on that. On a side note, the battery life dropped by around 10% during my period of usage, and there's a significant amount of heat produced by the DAP.
Personally I don't see it as an upgrade from the Dp-x1. It is definitely a boon that it has a swappable AMP unit, and I would like to see more amp modules with different sound signatures. The Android system also needs to be improved to make the dap more power efficient and utilise the sound chips optimally.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #16,434 of 22,021
I read this thread and this guy is also detecting noise he cals it hiss

Dingding123

100+ Head-Fier

I had just tried the dx200 (on amp 1) for a short while (1.5 hrs). I come from Onkyo Dp-x1 (and fiio x3 before that). Here are my thoughts. Note that one man's meat is another's poison, you have to listen and judge the sound personally before you purchase.
IEM1: Empire Ears Arthur + Excalibur cable
IEM2: Zeus XR Adel + plussound silver-gold litz (yes, unusual pairing, but it is my favorite combination for acoustic tracks)
Output: 2.5mm trrs
Impressions: (all equipments I used were fully burned-in.) Dx200 has an airy and transparent sound. It's bass quantity is controlled and textured. It is also slightly bright.
It didn't pair well with Zeus XR, but is awesome on Arthur. Both are very sensitive iem, and has some hiss when plugged into the dx200. The hiss is negligible on Arthur but quite significant on Zeus.
Compared to Onkyo DP-x1 (ACG mode), dx200 has a more extended treble and slightly wider soundstage. Imaging is equally precise. DP-x1 sounds deeper has thicker mids and somewhat looser bass. The DX200 is faster and has a more textured bass. I know this might be a preferred sound more many, I didn't like it, especially on the Zeus R + Plussound silver-gold combo, which is already very bright and lean.
As for Arthur, it sounds better than Zeus on dx200 in terms of bass quantity, but it still sounds marginally better on Dp-x1 to me.
This is not to discredit the highly anticipated dx200, it's simply that I don't enjoy the sound when it is paired with the particular IEMs I happened to pair with. However, I guess the dx200 would sound very good with Noble K10, Lime Ears Aether and Custom Art Harmony 8.2, all of which sound less analytical and have more mid-bass impact than Zeus.
As for the software, I found the Android UI responsive and sleek. The stock music player has 6 (or is it 8?) digital filters to choose from, much like the Dp-x1. Each filter yields a slightly different sound texture without altering the overall sound signature and presentation. However, the filter settings seems to be exclusive to the stock music app, as opposed to the global implementation in DP-x1, so one may not be able to choose the filter when usong third party music apps or streaming services. Hopefully they can implement the digital filter as a global setting in the upcoming firmware updates.
I didn't have the time to test out the Mango system so I can't comment on that. On a side note, the battery life dropped by around 10% during my period of usage, and there's a significant amount of heat produced by the DAP.
Personally I don't see it as an upgrade from the Dp-x1. It is definitely a boon that it has a swappable AMP unit, and I would like to see more amp modules with different sound signatures. The Android system also needs to be improved to make the dap more power efficient and utilise the sound chips optimally.
He specifically detected it with the Zeus, which is known to hiss with mostly everything. It probably hisses even when it's not plugged into anything.

Jokes aside, you are in the minority of minorities when it comes to hearing hiss on the DX200, as from what I've seen nearly no one hears hiss on it, especially on a balanced output. And at the very least not hiss that's noticeable in the way you or DingDong notice it. Just get it checked out by Paul.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #16,436 of 22,021
He specifically detected it with the Zeus, which is known to hiss with mostly everything. It probably hisses even when it's not plugged into anything.

Jokes aside, you are in the minority of minorities when it comes to hearing hiss on the DX200, as from what I've seen nearly no one hears hiss on it, especially on a balanced output. And at the very least not hiss that's noticeable in the way you or DingDong notice it. Just get it checked out by Paul.

yea but I have tiger ears apparently and can detect hiss. I just did a firmware upgrade from the one from January to jun. and did a factory reset. seems to have slightly reduced. though I dont have my phantoms atm only can teast with shure 846, barely herable atm amp4s. phantom seems to increase the hiss.

I bet Paul gona say that my unit is perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #16,437 of 22,021
yea but I have tiger ears apparently and can detect hiss. I just did a firmware upgrade from the one from January to jun. and did a factory reset. seems to have slightly reduced. though I dont have my phantoms atm only can teast with shure 846, barely herable atm amp4s. phantom seems to increase the hiss.
Alrighty then.

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #16,438 of 22,021
I also encountered this behavior on the player.
I can hear the floor noise and after 10 sec it goes away like the unit turn into power saving mode?
But this is after you set pause on music.
I also hear loud click sometimes when the track stopes or press pause or stop. Anyone get occassional clicks?

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #16,439 of 22,021
It clicks if something is turned on, and that can be quiet loud. It clicks less and hiss less in Mango mode (according to what I read through the thread. I never heard it hisses because I only used it with headphones). But you are using it to stream online contents though right ? Some of the iems has very bad hiss with DAP, and even worse with WiFi or Bluetooth signals, especially WiFi.

The clicking is solved with dx150 though it was designed differently and is a lower tier player. When I used my dx200, I don’t stream anything WiFi at all, sometime just Bluetooth. Especially recently I am actively using Bluetooth more with DAC+amp feature, but it still won’t be any noises or hisses with Hd800s

Paul will help you out. Just Pm Paul. The worse can happen is that you need to get it repaired

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back