DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 1, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #14,221 of 22,021
Does Somebody know how I can use my Ibasso(with AMP 1) as an Input for my Desktop Amp?

I've tried to use the Line Out from the iBasso DX 200, but it seems Like that it's not a Fixed Line Out but a variable one instead.

To correctly drive the Amp with the iBasso Should I put the Volume of the iBasso at max?(Volume 150)?

And I don't understand why there is a Variable Line Out next to a Headphone Jack and not an Fixed Line Out.

Thanks in Advance

XforceVesa
Here’s another way, just thought I’d give it a try. Sounds great :smile_phones:
70EBFA38-B579-4D5B-BB5D-C2C588E5E605.png

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #14,223 of 22,021
+1 totally worth the "jump" and if anything else AMP4 (didn't get the S) was such a jump that I never regretted the move or the adapter. Yeah CA02 is not safe for mobile use, better get a flexible one. For me AMP4 and 5 (which I got) were a big jump in SQ over 1, 2 and even 3. I am very much looking forward to AMP8 and possibly AMP7 (later). The big question mark for me is going to be tuning, as synergy is key over pure performance. But I have never regretted any AMP, even AMP2 at the time was a welcome addition in term of tuning.

I am just wondering how low I'll have to set AMP8 with the Phantom or VE8, listening at 40-55 low gain with AMP4 right now
We're going to need a 3 gain level setting soon :p

Well, I am not sure you can make that assumption that it will be useful only for people with high impedance low efficiency gear, or else AMP4 or 5 are already overkill for any sensitive IEMs... but, what you get even if you don't need the power is headroom and dynamics that are far superior. Personally that's what I am looking for with AMP 8 and 7.

But yeah, AMP8 is going to be in a class of its own in terms of pure power for a DAP with its 6.2 v RMS - aside from AK KANN (with 7v RMS in high gain I think) but it has higher output impedance. And that's only raw power, not even mentioning the (unique?) discrete design.

Lol a part of me wants to make the jump. . . but then that would require me not listening to music for the entirety of getting the cable reterminated and ordering the AMP4. . . assuming I can even get my hands on one. . . . But it seems most people conclude AMP4 sounds better than AMP3 simply because of the different connectors. . . actually everyone seems to take AMP4 as the best so far. . . hmm. . .

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #14,224 of 22,021
Lol a part of me wants to make the jump. . . but then that would require me not listening to music for the entirety of getting the cable reterminated and ordering the AMP4. . . assuming I can even get my hands on one. . . . But it seems most people conclude AMP4 sounds better than AMP3 simply because of the different connectors. . . actually everyone seems to take AMP4 as the best so far. . . hmm. . .

Well, once again a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter is all it takes. I for one didn’t reterminate my cables
AMP4 is not better because of the 4.4 connector but AMP4 and 5 have more dynamics and headroom than AMP3 in my opinion. Just like AMP7 and 8 will likely be another jump given the discrete design with the trade-off of consuming more current (I am curious to see how run time is going to be...).

I haven’t gotten 4S but a lot of people seem to say it’s even better, more musical. I like AMP4 because it well controlled and pairs well with my IEMs.

The way I think about 4.4 is that it’s simply a superior connector to 2.5 because it’s more resilient (and apparently there are some benefit in terms of conduction?). AK is not on board yet but 4.4 has more chance of becoming a standard down the line. We’ll see.

Again, to me AMP’s performance are certainly of concern but the tuning is equally as important and iBasso has done a great job on this front so far, I trust them for future amps.

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #14,227 of 22,021
:floatsmile:E
Good suggestion @KEV G , wondering if using taishan will be decrease the sound quality of the DAP?
Only had a listen for about an hour or so and it was pretty good. Playing it into the Talk Electronics Hurricane 4 Pre amp/Tornado 4 monoblock power amps and Harbeth Compact 7 es3 speakers. I’ll be trying it some more this week, so can post some more impressions later if you like. :smile_phones:

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #14,228 of 22,021
:floatsmile:E
Only had a listen for about an hour or so and it was pretty good. Playing it into the Talk Electronics Hurricane 4 Pre amp/Tornado 4 monoblock power amps and Harbeth Compact 7 es3 speakers. I’ll be trying it some more this week, so can post some more impressions later if you like. :smile_phones:

great! look forward to it. If it is not downgrading then Taishan will be my next purchase.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #14,231 of 22,021
And it's showtime :grinning:

AMP8
Release: July 2, 2018 Price: 199 USD.
Product page just up, ordered!
I think I might be the first who ordered it :muscle: (I actually guessed the product ID before it was in the menu based on AMP7 :p )

AMP7 is up as well

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #14,235 of 22,021
I have been waiting since last night, but I ordered it! Lol

And I had been refreshing that page since this morning :p Which one 8 or 7 or both ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back