DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 24, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #13,621 of 22,021
I’m so tempted to try the new firmware, but I think I will just wait for Lurker. Hopefully, his version will be released soon

May 24, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #13,623 of 22,021
Hopefully, his version will be released soon
I'm waiting for a feedback from testers, who was affected by famous "pops and cracks" problem with online music services, which, reportedly, was solved in 2.8.198L1. This is what I can't test myself. So, anyone who experienced that problem before, and for whom 2.8.198L1 works good, may PM me to join the test and speed up the release.

May 24, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #13,626 of 22,021
Does the DX200 have access to the play store, and in turn would a service/app like Deezer work on it? If so, does anyone know by any chance if HiFi streaming is support by Deezer through this DAP? I need a DAP that I can use a good streaming service with in offline mode when away from wifi (preferably Deezer due to catalog selection) and also functions as a USB DAC. This device was a little more than I wanted to spend but I know the AK70 mkii doesn't have the play store and is not real android so it would only work with Tidal, and even that does not support offline playback. Hoping this device may fit everything I need to do and I may be able to find a decent deal on a used one but I can't figure out what device would be best for me.

May 24, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #13,627 of 22,021
I have lurker firmware, with the play store and Deezer, capable of playing offline music synchronised via the deezer application.

May 24, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #13,628 of 22,021
I have lurker firmware, with the play store and Deezer, capable of playing offline music synchronised via the deezer application.
That is good to hear, it sounds like this device may meet everything I am looking for aside from cost. I will need to read through about this device a little bit more. Are people generally pretty happy with it? I was reading through the previous pages and it doesn't seem like there are too many significant complaints about it aside from some software issues people do not seem super happy with, but seems no where near as bad as Fiios problems. Plus this seems to have the option of custom firmware/OS's to install which may help relieve some of the stock problems.

Do you have the $20 hi res streaming subscription by any chance and does that work on the DX200? I know it is something I most likely would not need for using in my car and what not, but if I end up using it as a work set up for music and I decide I want to stream hifi music, it'd be nice if this device could also do that but I am sure that "high" quality will be good enough when I am on the go using it.

Essentially I need a device I can use for an all in one standalone music playing device, not using my phone for everything. I want to be able to use it as a USB DAC for my computer when on the go with my laptop or at work. I also plan on mainly using it in my car while driving, probably plugged in USB to charge and AUX for audio. I want it to be compatible with a streaming service that I would use to try and get offline playback. Tidal and Spotify do not have a lot of the albums or things I am looking for where as Deezer seems to have a bigger selection and I can't find a lot of the music on the hi res purchasing websites so I am trying to look for a solution of kind of re downloading and rebuilding my collection in an offline mode through Deezer, as well as putting my own local files on the device, so I can just set it in offline mode and have all the music I want and am looking for on it, but can't necessarily find to purchase other than buying a CD and ripping it myself. I think this device meets all those requirements but was a little more than I wanted to spend and I am not sure if there is anything similar in a cheaper range. Also would prefer to have dual DACs and get the best quality I can afford out of a device and try to make an investment for something that will last me a long time.

May 24, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #13,630 of 22,021
Did you try Tidal with the DX200? Because Tidal has a good Hi-Fi streaming, but the sound quality from the application is poor, it's not as good as Mango. Does Deezer have the same problem?

May 24, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #13,631 of 22,021
You may check DX150 then.
Oh wow, I didn't even know that existed, if I can't find a used DX200 in the ~$600ish or a little more range (I know they have occasionally sold used before for less than 700) this may be the perfect option. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, or if there is a better place to ask, but what is/are the biggest difference/s between the 2 devices aside from 50 numbers in their names?

May 24, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #13,632 of 22,021
May 24, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #13,633 of 22,021
Sound and price, obviously :) There is a dedicated thread for DX150.
Thank you for the recommendation, I will post around there and get an idea for this device as well as keep an eye out for deals on the DX200, if I don't find any the DX150 may be the perfect device for me from what I am understanding, and even be in my price range enough to buy it new rather than used.

May 24, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #13,634 of 22,021
Thank you for the recommendation, I will post around there and get an idea for this device as well as keep an eye out for deals on the DX200, if I don't find any the DX150 may be the perfect device for me from what I am understanding, and even be in my price range enough to buy it new rather than used.

As a proud new owner of a slightly used DX200, I can say that the DX150 is very much worth looking into. I have only heard the AMP1 (still waiting for my balanced cables to try AMP3 and AMP4s) and while it is technically superior to my old DAP (Hibino R10, which is basically a slightly better DX100), I find that I enjoy the R10 sound signature much more. They say that the DX150 is closer to DX100 in sound. If you really want to get the most out of the DX200, be prepared to invest a little more for AMP module.

Of course, everyone has a preference and you could definitely still prefer the DX200 AMP1 sound as it is.

*Will burn in my unit and amps some more before sharing impressions.

May 24, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #13,635 of 22,021
2.9.209L0 is ready to download! Enjoy the changes made by iBasso, along with my usual modifications :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back