DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #12,061 of 22,021
The new uapp is buggy but sounds fantastic! (using direct hires driver), which means we don't have to turn on lurker's USB audio app?? And I'm still hoping mqa decoding could be added to dx200!

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #12,063 of 22,021
Wee question on Dx200. My unit is due to be delivered today and want to know about Tidal, I’ve searched the thread but still unsure.
At the moment I have Tidal on iOS, nice and easy to use, install and download lossless files for offline - can I do this on Dx200? I see things about streaming via uapp etc but I just want a straightforward experience if possible.

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #12,064 of 22,021
I prefer amp4. 3 is good but 4 takes it that last step. Both are good and if you need a balanced line out 3 is great too. Without another amp though 4 is more full sounding. No harshness but effortless in the highs, midrange is beautiful and full without being too warm and the bass is great. The soundstage seems to be more coherent and one to me. Amp3 while great had a trace of being a bit thin, in comparison to amp4. Each instrument is easy to place in the soundstage better and clearer with amp 4. I heard the difference right when I started playing music, no burn in with amp4. You can’t go wrong with either. The adapter from ibasso, 4.4 to 2.5 works great if that’s the route you take. I use the Vega with Reference8 cable from Campfire Audio.

Have fun!
Aftet some time of listening, I prefer ie800s with amp4 more. It keeps all the details, less bassy, less mid centric but more holographic and organic. No listening fatique. I would call it neutral and referential. The only thing I'm not satisfied is when paired with neutral earphones like Ie800s, it gets boring with lyric songs (very good with electronic, rock, instrumental, tho). So I sent my amp4 modded for a bit coloration towards the warm side, its day 1 and so far I like it very much.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #12,065 of 22,021
Wee question on Dx200. My unit is due to be delivered today and want to know about Tidal, I’ve searched the thread but still unsure.
At the moment I have Tidal on iOS, nice and easy to use, install and download lossless files for offline - can I do this on Dx200? I see things about streaming via uapp etc but I just want a straightforward experience if possible.
You can install the Tidal's apk, it works.

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #12,068 of 22,021
Let me be clear, with the current bug I reported UAPP is simply unsafe to use.

Unsafe?? Lol we’re talking about a force close....not a brick maker here...

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #12,070 of 22,021
Mar 29, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #12,071 of 22,021
You really need to heed this warning. This bug can cause ear damage. LOL

Use Mango, forget the rest, you'll be safe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1.jpg

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #12,072 of 22,021
Despite how impressive AMP4 and 5 is, I've been appreciating AMP1's neutrality more and more, especially in regards to it's treble. Bought the iBasso IT01 and they sound more balanced through AMP1 SE than AMP5 (no balanced cable yet for AMP4). I've never been crazy with AMP5's mids and treble presentation. Considering selling them now.

Curious what sound signature the AMP6 will be.

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #12,073 of 22,021
Despite how impressive AMP4 and 5 is, I've been appreciating AMP1's neutrality more and more, especially in regards to it's treble. Bought the iBasso IT01 and they sound more balanced through AMP1 SE than AMP5 (no balanced cable yet for AMP4). I've never been crazy with AMP5's mids and treble presentation. Considering selling them now.

Early input indicates AMP6 to be smooth in its signature, but we'll find out soon enough!

I'm in love with AMP5's mids and treble, really the kind of signature I like, really energetic and uplifting :)

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #12,074 of 22,021
I am using Lurkers FW with Tidal downloads and it has been flawless, at least for my experience.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #12,075 of 22,021

You are not the only one.I have Amp 2 and Amp 5 but I keep coming back to Amp 1 :) it just sounds good with all my Iems (reference like the PP8 or fun and energetic like the Vega or the Solar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back