DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #11,266 of 22,021
Thanks George.I just ordered the Amp5, curious to try it and compare it with Amp1 :) From what I read soundstage is wider for Amp5 compared to Amp1?

Yes, I felt it was much wider and better separated, which gives the whole DAP a new level of clarity. At least to my ears :darthsmile:

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #11,268 of 22,021
Thanks George.I just ordered the Amp5, curious to try it and compare it with Amp1 :) From what I read soundstage is wider for Amp5 compared to Amp1?
Yes, I felt it was much wider and better separated, which gives the whole DAP a new level of clarity. At least to my ears :darthsmile:

Can't wait to try the Amp5! :) Amp2 up on sale :)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #11,269 of 22,021
It is the Chinese New Year. They like many in China are closed for around 2 weeks. I think Paul may need to let people know.

Ah, I forgot about that. That explains it.

That's no problem as I am patient, just wanted to know my order didn't disappear into a black hole. :)

(They *really* should add a message or notification to their site though.)

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #11,275 of 22,021
I was wondering the same thing. I could not find anywhere that Paul said this was the case. Then again I thought Paul said Amp4 was going to be limited to something like a run of 200 or so but I could not find that in the thread anywhere. :)

I thought that it was confirmed that the production ceased a few pages ago, but if they're starting it agian, it will be a world full of love for us!
I was under the same impression... I asked @Paul - iBasso by email and he mentioned they were strongly considering to begin production on it again, but that is far from a guarantee that they'll be available after the Chinese new year. Unless there's information I'm not privy to :L3000:

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #11,276 of 22,021
Hi Guys, sorry to repeat my request but I really could do with some help to get Qobuz on my 200
I did it for Tidal as someone sent me a link for the APK mirror app.
I am having issues with Tidal on my home rig and I think i will go for the Sublime sub on Qobuz as also offers excellent discounts on downloads.
However since getting the DX200 I use this way more than my home rig as its so much less hassle so getting Qobuz on it is a must. If I cant I am stuck with Tidal.
I am not that good with technical stuff but I got the Tidal app on with no issues. Is it as easy with Qobuz?
Any help would be appreciated

Not sure if anyone can help me with this as I have now been trying to do this for about 5 hours now.....I cant find the APK mirror file for Qobuz

Alos the link to the Tidal mirror file - it is still there but I used to click this to download the update to the app. this now does not download. It maybe as I had to restore my PC few weeks ago and a lot of programmes were removed. Anyone help as my frustration level is peaking :wink:

Is Lurker firmware the way to go?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #11,277 of 22,021
Perhaps you could download from THIS mirror, copy to an SD card and install with the DX200 file manager.

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #11,278 of 22,021
Not sure if anyone can help me with this as I have now been trying to do this for about 5 hours now.....I cant find the APK mirror file for Qobuz

Alos the link to the Tidal mirror file - it is still there but I used to click this to download the update to the app. this now does not download. It maybe as I had to restore my PC few weeks ago and a lot of programmes were removed. Anyone help as my frustration level is peaking :wink:

Is Lurker firmware the way to go?

Yes, you should install first lurker FW after that you will be able to install tidal, qobuz or any other app from the Google Play Store

1.jpg

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #11,279 of 22,021
Thanks guys for coming to my rescue. I think Lurker FW is the way to go as it will probably make it simpler in the long run. Is there a guide to how to install it you can point me to?
The problem is all of this is a little alien to me

I am having one of those weeks....:darthsmile: does anyone else have to put the USB charger wire in to the lap top about 10 times before the lap top recognises a device has been attached? Maybe my 200 is faulty?

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #11,280 of 22,021
Thanks guys for coming to my rescue. I think Lurker FW is the way to go as it will probably make it simpler in the long run. Is there a guide to how to install it you can point me to?
The problem is all of this is a little alien to me

I am having one of those weeks....:darthsmile: does anyone else have to put the USB charger wire in to the lap top about 10 times before the lap top recognises a device has been attached? Maybe my 200 is faulty?

Try and other usb cable, that could be the reason you have problems to mount the dx200?

Here is there you can find the latest FW
https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-firmware/releases

And here the instructions how to install it
https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-firmware

It looks more complicated than what it is, I was my first time that I was flashing a FW and everything went smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back