DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #10,429 of 22,021
My review on DX200 is live now!

I am quite in love with this powerful, dynamic, musical and precise DAP!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-audio-dx200-reference-dap.22169/reviews#review-19558

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/12/ibasso-dx200-reference-flagship-from.html

IMG_20170822_171950.jpg

Great review!

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #10,433 of 22,021
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #10,434 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso,

A bit late, but it seems like the short skip at the beginning of songs has gotten worse since the new firmware update. It's a lot more noticeable. This happens even when using Spotify.

Also, sometimes when I hit the next button, it will rewind/restart the song instead.

Dec 12, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #10,435 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso,

A bit late, but it seems like the short skip at the beginning of songs has gotten worse since the new firmware update. It's a lot more noticeable. This happens even when using Spotify.

Also, sometimes when I hit the next button, it will rewind/restart the song instead.
I have 2 DX200s running all the time and testing. Sometimes on a new album there may be a 1/2 second of the first song missing. Our software team is working on this. I don't get any rewind when using the buttons for the next song. Please try a factory reset or reload the FW to see what effect this has.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #10,436 of 22,021
I have 2 DX200s running all the time and testing. Sometimes on a new album there may be a 1/2 second of the first song missing. Our software team is working on this. I don't get any rewind when using the buttons for the next song. Please try a factory reset or reload the FW to see what effect this has.

I noticed this skipping problem with the new update as well. I just did a factory reset and it made no difference. Also, when I play the first song, I tried hitting the rewind button to get to the beginning that was skipped. Unfortunately, instead of going to the beginning of the first song, it skips to the beginning of the LAST song. I then have to hit the fast forward button to get back to the first song.

Hopefully the team can clean this up soon as this is otherwise a very nice DAP.

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #10,438 of 22,021
I noticed this skipping problem with the new update as well. I just did a factory reset and it made no difference. Also, when I play the first song, I tried hitting the rewind button to get to the beginning that was skipped. Unfortunately, instead of going to the beginning of the first song, it skips to the beginning of the LAST song. I then have to hit the fast forward button to get back to the first song.

Hopefully the team can clean this up soon as this is otherwise a very nice DAP.
I understand what you are saying now. If you push the back button before 5 seconds it goes to the previous song but if you wait 5 seconds it goes back to the beginning of the song. This is by design. The next FW will have the 1/2 of the first song that is sometimes missing fixed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #10,439 of 22,021
I think that's the same problem I've got with all FW versions since 2.5.141 up and including the latest 2.7.188:
In case when tracks are in separate files (01.flac, 02.flac, 03.flac,...) gapless mode works perfect
But when there's a single album.flac file containing multiple tracks - there's noticeable 1-2sec gap between those tracks

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #10,440 of 22,021
I think that's the same problem I've got with all FW versions since 2.5.141 up and including the latest 2.7.188:
In case when tracks are in separate files (01.flac, 02.flac, 03.flac,...) gapless mode works perfect
But when there's a single album.flac file containing multiple tracks - there's noticeable 1-2sec gap between those tracks

If that is a single .flac file, I'd really consider that the gap is within the file itself, like, it actually has empty space within, and this is why the player plays it - which would be a propery way to play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back