DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #10,441 of 22,021
If that is a single .flac file, I'd really consider that the gap is within the file itself, like, it actually has empty space within, and this is why the player plays it - which would be a propery way to play it.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Here's the proof:
I've copied some big album.flac file to some directory on DX200 and forgotten to copy corresponding album.cue file and had to listen that 45 min record and heard no gaps whatsoever.
Next day I've copied album.cue file to the same directory to be able to switch songs and now there are definite 1-2 sec gaps between songs.
The original album.flac file I did not touch, so it's 100% fine.

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #10,442 of 22,021
Unfortunately that's not the case. Here's the proof:
I've copied some big album.flac file to some directory on DX200 and forgotten to copy corresponding album.cue file and had to listen that 45 min record and heard no gaps whatsoever.
Next day I've copied album.cue file to the same directory to be able to switch songs and now there are definite 1-2 sec gaps between songs.
The original album.flac file I did not touch, so it's 100% fine.

I see - so the .cue file includes them gaps. I vaguely remember this discussion has been here beforew, and I wonder if there was ever a fix for it

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #10,444 of 22,021
After a few days with amp4, I must say I am very impressed by the large holographic soundstage combined with great body and weight, I usually am impressed either by one or the other but so far never by both being outstanding... Such a natural sounding tuning too, very musical a real treat !

I would have been very wrong assuming (looking at the spec sheet) like I did that it was amp3 with a 4.4 plug, it's a different tuning and not by a small margin.
Kudos!

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #10,445 of 22,021
After a few days with amp4, I must say I am very impressed by the large holographic soundstage combined with great body and weight, I usually am impressed either by one or the other but so far never by both being outstanding... Such a natural sounding tuning too, very musical a real treat !

I would have been very wrong assuming (looking at the spec sheet) like I did that it was amp3 with a 4.4 plug, it's a different tuning and not by a small margin.
Kudos!

Here I am, waiting patiently for the CA02 adapter, so I can order AMP4 (and 5)... Already sold my AMP2.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #10,446 of 22,021

Kudos!

I hear the same. It finally suits all my needs. And just as importantly, better bass control than amp3. My personal preferance: amp4 > amp1 > amp3 > amp2

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #10,447 of 22,021
Here I am, waiting patiently for the CA02 adapter, so I can order AMP4 (and 5)... Already sold my AMP2.

My Ca02 broke after first day of use. I would suggest you go alter your cable to 4.4 directly if you are sure that is the sound you want. And for those who's considering Pentaconn 4.4, don't buy. You would have to diy a bit to make it work like mine, and I'm not the only one. Go for other brands like Eidolic 4.4, as far as I know, it's compatible.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #10,448 of 22,021
My Ca02 broke after first day of use. I would suggest you go alter your cable to 4.4 directly if you are sure that is the sound you want. And for those who's considering Pentaconn 4.4, don't buy. You would have to diy a bit to make it work like mine, and I'm not the only one. Go for other brands like Eidolic 4.4, as far as I know, it's compatible.
Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com. We put the adapter through many torture tests to insure there would be no quality issues.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #10,449 of 22,021

That's not good. You may have gotten unlucky though and received a defective one.

I terminate all my aftermarket cables to 2.5mm because adapters exists to convert to every other connection. Also, iBasso has the cheapest one on the market if it is actually $15. The next two I see online are $75 and $150.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #10,450 of 22,021
That's not good. You may have gotten unlucky though and received a defective one.

I terminate all my aftermarket cables to 2.5mm because adapters exists to convert to every other connection. There's no such thing if I do 4.4mm directly. Also, iBasso has the cheapest one on the market if it is actually $15. The next two I see online are $75 and $150.

I actually have been using CA02 quite a lot in the last few weeks, constantly going between DX200 w/amp4 and WM1Z. That adapter is rock solid, very impressive for only $15.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #10,451 of 22,021
Hey @Paul - iBasso, do you know if there will be a future update that allows the DX200 to fully unfold MQA files? I've seen other hardwares that have been able to after a firmware update, so I figured I would ask if that is something that is up for suggestion/discussion. . . . :thinking:

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #10,452 of 22,021

Kudos!

May I know your cable & plug brand model?

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #10,453 of 22,021
Must have been a bad one. I have accidentally dropped mine and used it a lot, no problems, very solid and more like something that would cost 50 dollars or more.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #10,454 of 22,021
I've been testing the IT01's with AMP5 for the last month now...basically non stop. All I can say is that these little things kick ass! I swapped out my Comply tips for the Monster Gel tips and they definitely make a huge difference. The Allman Brothers "Jessica" sounds better in these than through some of my IEM's that cost over $1K.

I can't say enough good things about either the DX200 or these IT01's.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #10,455 of 22,021
I've been testing the IT01's with AMP5 for the last month now...basically non stop. All I can say is that these little things kick ass! I swapped out my Comply tips for the Monster Gel tips and they definitely make a huge difference. The Allman Brothers "Jessica" sounds better in these than through some of my IEM's that cost over $1K.

I can't say enough good things about either the DX200 or these IT01's.
Same here. I'm in close danger of becoming an iBasso fanboy. Very, very curious what the IT04 will be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back