DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #10,411 of 22,021
It actually depends on which iem/headphones you are pairing it too. And from all my readings in this thread, it can be said that the AMP1 is the most neutral and arguably brighter of all the other AMP offerings that Ibasso offers. In my case, im pairing it with my LAB01 and this match up gives me lush, weighty notes with crazy details. Its prettty much very YUM...very YUM indeed

Good point, didn't mean this as amp1 being lesser than the others, and yes it's all about synergy :)
Beauty of the modular amp design!

About synergy, I have just received amp4 and it's just beautifully pairing with IE800S, as I had read very holographic soundstage while retaining body and weight I had a big wow moment there!

Only little nag is there is an issue either with the IE800S cable or the amp socket, I had to slightly pull the cable out to get both channel working... I have no means of checking which is to blame, no other 4.4 gear around and dumbly forgot to order 4.4 to 2.5 adapter along with the amp...

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #10,412 of 22,021
@ Paul,

Is there any chance that DX200 will be released in India?
FiiO is very popular in India and they release all their devices in India.
Good distributors are always welcome.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 11, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #10,414 of 22,021
Good point, didn't mean this as amp1 being lesser than the others, and yes it's all about synergy :)
Beauty of the modular amp design!

About synergy, I have just received amp4 and it's just beautifully pairing with IE800S, as I had read very holographic soundstage while retaining body and weight I had a big wow moment there!

Only little nag is there is an issue either with the IE800S cable or the amp socket, I had to slightly pull the cable out to get both channel working... I have no means of checking which is to blame, no other 4.4 gear around and dumbly forgot to order 4.4 to 2.5 adapter along with the amp...

Some plugs vary on the length just slightly. You can make a spacer so the plug will work correctly. Take a thin piece of plastic like that used in a blister pack. Make a hole the same size as the 4.4 plug so it just fits over the plug. Then cut out the plastic in a circle the same size as the housing. This acts as a spacer. We have found that plugs are not consistent but this is a very easy fix.

Another one for @Paul - iBasso , any update on DX200 Copper version's tentative release date and pricing?

We are working on it but I do not have a release date yet.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 11, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #10,416 of 22,021
Some plugs vary on the length just slightly. You can make a spacer so the plug will work correctly. Take a thin piece of plastic like that used in a blister pack. Make a hole the same size as the 4.4 plug so it just fits over the plug. Then cut out the plastic in a circle the same size as the housing. This acts as a spacer. We have found that plugs are not consistent but this is a very easy fix.

Thanks @Paul - iBasso will do :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #10,419 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso I have a question, if I use optical out, can I bypass amplifier section?

To answer your question, the optical out is a feed from the digital section of the dap so the amp would not be involved because the amp comes after the dac in the dap. Otherwise you would be double amping but again, the digital out is from the digital section and not the amp section. The nature of optical or coax out is that it is in the digital domain and anything from the amp is in the analog domain and a totally different type of signal.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #10,424 of 22,021
My review on DX200 is live now!

I am quite in love with this powerful, dynamic, musical and precise DAP!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-audio-dx200-reference-dap.22169/reviews#review-19558

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/12/ibasso-dx200-reference-flagship-from.html

IMG_20170822_171950.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back