DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 31, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #9,721 of 22,021
What if one of the future Amp modules could be designed for non-portable use?
Why should it connect to DX200 via internal bus, and not via line or digital output? iBasso already produces some amps and DAC/amps, for not so portable use!

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #9,723 of 22,021
What if one of the future Amp modules could be designed for non-portable use? It could be as large as needed, meant strictly for desktop use. Early candidate for Amp 6? And Amp 7 could be the same but a tube amp? :ksc75smile:
I really like this idea, so iBasso can produce a new powerful tool without the limits of the space.

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #9,724 of 22,021
Why should it connect to DX200 via internal bus, and not via line or digital output? iBasso already produces some amps and DAC/amps, for not so portable use!
Because there is the convenience of not having to buy a separate dac to go with that separate amp. It makes for an all-in-one solution. No need to buy a separate dac/amp combo as well as the dac section is already great.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #9,725 of 22,021
I have AK Kann and DX200 AMP3. All I can say, DX200 wins in terms of SQ except bass. I like Kann's low freq, more detailed and textured.

But the battery life is a bit short on DX200. I really hope its possible if there is additional battery along with new AMP module.
I could write almost the same. I had AK Kann and I have DX200 Amp1. The Past Simple regarding to the Kann is the answer. In terms of SQ not the same league evan comparing to the Amp1. Waiting for the Amp3

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #9,727 of 22,021
Because there is the convenience of not having to buy a separate dac to go with that separate amp. It makes for an all-in-one solution. No need to buy a separate dac/amp combo as well as the dac section is already great.

Speaking of portability, how exactly are people carrying the DX200? I know it has cases, but are most people hand holding it? Putting it in pockets? It can be quite cumbersome in the pocket.

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #9,730 of 22,021
Speaking of portability, how exactly are people carrying the DX200? I know it has cases, but are most people hand holding it? Putting it in pockets? It can be quite cumbersome in the pocket.
It isn't as slim as a phone of course but I've had no problem fitting it into my front pockets, slim fit dress pants 90% of the time I use it, during my commute.

EDIT: I actually find it harder to fit with jeans than dress pants, but all depends on your clothing so ymmv. Imo. Fwiw. Tbd. Byob.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #9,731 of 22,021
It isn't as slim as a phone of course but I've had no problem fitting it into my front pockets, slim fit dress pants 90% of the time I use it, during my commute.

With or without case? Maybe that’s my issue. I have it in its leather case...

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #9,732 of 22,021
With or without case? Maybe that’s my issue. I have it in its leather case...
Just made a late edit to my prior post but I find it harder to fit when using jeans, so it of course depends on your clothing. But I always, always have the case on. Would rather sacrifice a bit of comfort than to risk it getting scratched etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back