DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 10, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #8,386 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 10, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #8,389 of 22,021
It's a little far from my house LOL

Yeah, I was thinking to drop by, but it turns out I have a dentist appointment that day :p
Super excited that the IT04 might be finally making an appearance.
And apparently, it's been tweaked to sound even better than the one I heard at CanJam :D

Sep 10, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #8,392 of 22,021
Do you mean you have the sound now or you don't? What volume would you compare the pop or crackle compared to when playing music? A 20 or 30 or louder setting for music for example.

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding, finally the sound of pop, crack happens to start and play most of the time and in some cases does not occur. The pop is strong enough if we put my reference between 10-20 (T5p.2), you could say that he reaches easily 40-50, which for my 30, is exaggerated. It is different from the pop that occurs when changing from a flac of 44 to 96 or dsd, is less intense.

Try all kinds of flac 44 48 96 and dsd, with outputs of 2.5 mm and 3.5 mm

I wonder if it is really a problem of the dx200 or is something native, since unfortunately if the latter would have to sell the dx200, since it gives me a bit of pain in the ear. It would be a shame, since it is a fantastic device.

Regards

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #8,394 of 22,021
Hi Paul,

any specs of Amp5 already available?

I am in for this news :)...can't wait !!

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding, finally the sound of pop, crack happens to start and play most of the time and in some cases does not occur. The pop is strong enough if we put my reference between 10-20 (T5p.2), you could say that he reaches easily 40-50, which for my 30, is exaggerated. It is different from the pop that occurs when changing from a flac of 44 to 96 or dsd, is less intense.

I wonder if it is really a problem of the dx200 or is something native, since unfortunately if the latter would have to sell the dx200, since it gives me a bit of pain in the ear. It would be a shame, since it is a fantastic device.

Regards

Yeah, it can be painful sometime

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #8,395 of 22,021

Regards
Are you able to compare this to another DX200. Normally the click or change from one format to another is very low in volume. If something else is going on then I can have it serviced for you. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com .

Do you mean that you listen between 10-20 or that is just a reference number? What FW are you using and what is the normal volume you listen with?

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 10, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #8,396 of 22,021
I'm using Lurker's firmware and I can't get Neutron to work with the USB Audio plugin. I basically get no audio. Hiby does work though.

I've had problems with Neutron before (had to reinstall to get it to work at all) and now that I'm starting to use the Dx200 more in Android mode I've noticed this issue.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #8,397 of 22,021
I'm using Lurker's firmware and I can't get Neutron to work with the USB Audio plugin. I basically get no audio. Hiby does work though.
Please carefully check settings in Neutron.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #8,398 of 22,021
I like Mango more than Neutron, yet the sound signature differences can be a preferences but very little. However, Mango app wins out of practicality. Mango is most of the time Plugs and Plays, and there is no need to flick around and tick around or wonder what the hell is going on. Today my Neutron played music, but connected to Bluetooth, and there was no sound. Probably needed to be flicking and ticking around in setting again, while Mango is plug and play for whatever.

The only thing that bugs me about mango is the EQ-off = more emphasized sub-bass, gotta turn it on and leave it untouched. That is it. Even coax out into DAC or USB-DAC in, mango is plug and play. I am more excited to see how far Ibasso can bring Mango to.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #8,399 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back