DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 11, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #8,401 of 22,021
I feel the same way. I like the default sound of Mango.

I use Mango exclusively.
I don't doubt that Android (and the firmware offered by @Lurker0 and others) have great things to offer too, but basically I'm lazy and also I rather enjoy seeing how far iBasso can keep improving it themselves :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #8,402 of 22,021
I use Mango exclusively.
I don't doubt that Android (and the firmware offered by @Lurker0 and others) have great things to offer too, but basically I'm lazy and also I rather enjoy seeing how far iBasso can keep improving it themselves :)

I'm a tweaker at heart. I use @Luker0's firmware. I also use Neutron, after I tweaked it to my liking. I usually use Mango for listening though.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #8,403 of 22,021
Yeah, it can be painful sometime

I hear a slight popping sound when it switches between tracks of different bit rates, but even when playing music on high gain and at relatively high volumes, it's never more than a gentle pop.

I'm not disputing what you say at all, it's just interesting to hear other people's experiences.
I can't imagine how tough it must be for iBasso to try to fix such issues.
It could be down to a tiny difference in quality between different batches of the product or firmware (or firmware updates bringing out previously hidden issues in models from certain batches).

And then there's the absolutely staggering array of variables at work here, which singly or in combination could be causing issues.
Some under iBasso's control/remit, others not.

I'm not sure where I'd even begin..
Maybe a form could be created for reporting bugs/issues?
There could be sections included for entering the unit serial/batch number, firmware used and previous firmware used, file types and playback modes on which issues occurred, etc etc.
Without a rigorous set of data that can be logged into a database that can create reports and be searched for correlations, you're just kind of flailing in the dark. If such a form could be created, maybe we could collaboratively help iBasso to investigate these issues :)

Anyway, just something I was thinking about today. My DX200 isn't 100% perfect, but it sounds amazing and I'd hate any other owners to be missing out! :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #8,405 of 22,021
Depends on what or how , what point of view you have at it. Personal preferences matter. However, it should be in EQ setting instead of "standard" lol, just saying
Like many audiophiles, in my pre-audiophile days I was something of a basshead lol

Nowadays, being more 'mature' and knowledgeable, I focus on detail, clarity, soundstage etc.
But there's always a part of me that relishes good bass (especially with certain songs) :D

This is probably why I gravitate towards dynamic driver or hybrid IEM's, as I feel they just handle bass in a way that most BA IEM's can't match.
I have a TOTL pure BA IEM by the way, and it's great, so I'm not doing them down.
But there's something about the IT03 and other well-executed DD/hybrid IEM's, not only the quality and quantity of bass (sub, mid, upper), but also the percussive quality, the tactile nature of the sound, the realism :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #8,406 of 22,021
  • Like many audiophiles, in my pre-audiophile days I was something of a basshead lol

Correction, "like many YOUNGER audiophiles" :)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #8,407 of 22,021

• Correction, "like many YOUNGER audiophiles" :)

Fair point :p
But I do miss my old wind-up gramophone. George Formby just doesn't sound the same on CD :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #8,409 of 22,021
Fair point :p
But I do miss my old wind-up gramophone. George Formby just doesn't sound the same on CD :wink:

You don't fool me, met you at Canjam, and you just a youngster, relatively :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #8,410 of 22,021
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #8,411 of 22,021
You don't fool me, met you at Canjam, and you just a youngster, relatively :wink:

And what's the point of being younger if I can't thrash people at ping-pong like you? :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #8,412 of 22,021
And what's the point of being younger if I can't thrash people at ping-pong like you? :wink:

Noticed you didn't turn up at Bounce :k701smile:. I was ready for you:ksc75smile:

1707CJam16a.jpg

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #8,413 of 22,021
Noticed you didn't turn up at Bounce :k701smile:. I was ready for you:ksc75smile:

Much as I wanted to come and be annihilated by @moedawg140 and yourself, I was in training, preparing for my lengthy weekend stint on the iBasso stall.
Well, when I say 'training', I mean blissing out whilst listening to, ahem, I mean *testing*, all the wonderful iBasso gear, obviously :wink:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do :D

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #8,414 of 22,021
Much as I wanted to come and be annihilated by @moedawg140 and yourself, I was in training, preparing for my lengthy weekend stint on the iBasso stall.
Well, when I say 'training', I mean blissing out whilst listening to, ahem, I mean *testing*, all the wonderful iBasso gear, obviously :wink:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do :D

I think you had an enjoyable and productive weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back