DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 26, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #7,231 of 22,021
A new DX200 edition with same crap firmware? I think they should focus on making a good firmware
Q: How many programmers does it take to create a new DX200 edition?
A: None. It's hardware!

By the way, I use DX200 several hours per day with zero problem.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #7,232 of 22,021
I use it every day with no problems on the FW.

I am somewhere in the middle.
In my opinion the firmware is not crap, but it certainly is not finished.
After a few months Ibasso should have sorted out the bugs, and not introduce new ones.

I am certainly not going to buy an amp 2, 3 or 4 before Ibasso has the firmware working top notch

My first unit had the ghost swipe issue, but the replacement unit works without a problem
I don't use Android, wifi, bluetooth or third party software. Only Mango.

I really love the sound of the previous firmware (2.3.125) This firmware works fine for me
The only wish I have is Mango working as slick as the Android interface and not altering the sound (unless for the better of course)

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #7,234 of 22,021
I got my DX200 with the touchscreen replaced. Looks much better now. Quick and responsive and no more hint of ghost swipes. It feels like a smartphone experience (in Android mode only). Thanks @Paul - iBasso for the quick turn around.

I am pairing my ATH-MSR7 with DX200 and so far I don't get any of the glitches that make me put my DX200 down and reach for my ipod classic or an AK DAP.

Also for those with MSR7 you should try it out with DX200. I thought it makes the MSR7 as airy and the soundstage as wide as an open can. Also I think the digital filter 2 is the least fatiguing especially with harsh recording.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #7,235 of 22,021
Same here, I don't even touch Mango, Android only and zero issues, flawless performance, and I replaced screen myself (mine was from the very first production batch that had ghost swipe issue). Everything works and sounds perfect now. I can't speak for Mango mode since I don't use it, but no issues with Android mode.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #7,236 of 22,021
I am somewhere in the middle.
In my opinion the firmware is not crap, but it certainly is not finished.
After a few months Ibasso should have sorted out the bugs, and not introduce new ones.

I am certainly not going to buy an amp 2, 3 or 4 before Ibasso has the firmware working top notch

My first unit had the ghost swipe issue, but the replacement unit works without a problem
I don't use Android, wifi, bluetooth or third party software. Only Mango.

I really love the sound of the previous firmware (2.3.125) This firmware works fine for me
The only wish I have is Mango working as slick as the Android interface and not altering the sound (unless for the better of course)

I agree with you. Mode mango is unfinished.
There are functions like reading sd card that does not work, can not be updating the system and the lag. The lag is notable, sometimes it takes 3 seconds to change the section.
I think that I have a unit of the first batch and I have not experienced any problem of screen and I hope not to have it.
I hope that before launching a new model may leave mango with the same functionalities of android.
Finally, the dx200 is an excellent dap and grateful for the support of paul and ibasso, simply fantastic.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #7,237 of 22,021
The reason I think firmware are crap, for instance, they had random reboot problems in last few firmware version, they fixed it and bring it back in the next one. As I said I rolled back to Lurker 2.2.110, it is by far a working one to me at least the Mango in this version can finished scanning my database after 8 crash... I showed DX200 to my friends who love headfi how good the sound is, they admited it sounds so great but the QC and incomplete firmware do not convince them to buy one. This is my 3rd DX200 because the first two were bricked and they can see local users keep replacing new ones because of ghost swipe and everyone need to wait over two weeks for the replacement from dealer.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #7,238 of 22,021
I also use daily with no issues.

But on another note... no information at all about Amp 3 and/or Amp 4? I read 3 is supposed to have a more powerful balanced output... anything else?

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #7,239 of 22,021
I'm thinking of selling Amp 2. Prefer Amp 1, pm me if interested. Will probably sell at the same retail as I paid, but priority shipping free (U.S.). Used for one afternoon.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #7,241 of 22,021
why would you need a more powerful balanced output than amp1
Output power is not the main parameter. AMP3 may have a different sound. For me, AMP2 sounds more pleasant than AMP1, but I'm using IT03 with CB13 cable which I like a lot, and I prefer balanced AMP1 output to avoid adapters. So if AMP3 provides a sound as beautiful as AMP2, but with balance, it would be a choice to consider.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #7,242 of 22,021
Hi,experts,
I am a newbie seeking for advice. I’m ready to pull a trigger to buy my new DAP and
attracted to DX200. 

In my country, DX200 is not sold through local sales agent and no chance of audition yet.
Nonetheless, the specs and reviews looked pretty attractive. But due to the quality concern,
I cannot make a final GO. So I’m still wondering if it’s worth taking a risk. 
I have to admit that I am not a big IT guy and do not enjoy spending too much time just
fixing bugs. 

So questions here.
1. Is it really so buggy as it appears in the discussion ,or some sort of exaggeration?
2. Is it suitable to a novice andd non-IT guy, or recommended mainly to IT experts?
3. Are most of the bugs minor enough and ordinary operation can be still maintained, 
   or some of them are critical enough to stop everything? 
4. Do we sometimes observe a serious case of mechanical failure that require servicing
   by manufacturer, or is it quite rare?  Please remember I don’t have a local agent who
   can look after the product. Cost and time count...

I have no intention of causing big controversy, and genuinely seeking for advice from experts here.

Thank you in advance. 

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #7,243 of 22,021
^
Please change your font and spacing and I'll consider reading your post.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #7,244 of 22,021
Hi,experts,
I am a newbie seeking for advice. I’m ready to pull a trigger to buy my new DAP and
attracted to DX200. 

In my country, DX200 is not sold through local sales agent and no chance of audition yet.
Nonetheless, the specs and reviews looked pretty attractive. But due to the quality concern,
I cannot make a final GO. So I’m still wondering if it’s worth taking a risk. 
I have to admit that I am not a big IT guy and do not enjoy spending too much time just
fixing bugs. 

So questions here.
1. Is it really so buggy as it appears in the discussion ,or some sort of exaggeration?
2. Is it suitable to a novice andd non-IT guy, or recommended mainly to IT experts?
3. Are most of the bugs minor enough and ordinary operation can be still maintained, 
   or some of them are critical enough to stop everything? 
4. Do we sometimes observe a serious case of mechanical failure that require servicing
   by manufacturer, or is it quite rare?  Please remember I don’t have a local agent who
   can look after the product. Cost and time count...

I have no intention of causing big controversy, and genuinely seeking for advice from experts here.

Thank you in advance. 

I think you better listen to it first as I never believe the reviews of audio products because different ppl have different tastes. Also, there is no accurate words or phrase to describe sound and there are no standard definition on those terms just like soundstage sth like that. You won't hae any idea it exactly sounds like with your audio files and headphones. You have no local agent I suggest you better skip this DAP unless you don't mind sending back to iBasso by mail if it breaks down.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #7,245 of 22,021
Got the same problem :frowning2:
Help, after upgrade firmware from 2.1 to 2.4 (I skipped 2.3), under android, when play from Directory to follow file name order, its messed up, the android mango player showing second song after 1st song is finished , but in fact it's playing 12nd song in the directory list, tried all directories having same issue.
If play from directories under Mango Mode then it's fine, but I don't want to use Mango mode...
The same problem. After solving once agin the booting problem with Factory tool and installing the FW 2.4.135- the same problem apeared as described above. It seems my DX could be a good tool to test all issues with software. It is certainly my fault, I was not lucky enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back