DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 27, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #7,246 of 22,021
Output power is not the main parameter. AMP3 may have a different sound. For me, AMP2 sounds more pleasant than AMP1, but I'm using IT03 with CB13 cable which I like a lot, and I prefer balanced AMP1 output to avoid adapters. So if AMP3 provides a sound as beautiful as AMP2, but with balance, it would be a choice to consider.

I would rather use a different headphone if i want a different sound or use eq instead of using different amps.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #7,248 of 22,021
why would you need a more powerful balanced output than amp1

I didn't say I want a more powerful output. I said it was the only info that I'd read on amp 3 so far and was asking for more info.

Output power is not the main parameter. AMP3 may have a different sound. For me, AMP2 sounds more pleasant than AMP1, but I'm using IT03 with CB13 cable which I like a lot, and I prefer balanced AMP1 output to avoid adapters. So if AMP3 provides a sound as beautiful as AMP2, but with balance, it would be a choice to consider.
^^This, which would be part of that more info that I'm asking for. If it's similar to Amp 2 in that it offers a more musical signature than amp 1 but has balanced, then I'd get amp 3 over amp 2.

I would rather use a different headphone if i want a different sound or use eq instead of using different amps.

Good for you, but swappable amps for different options is a rather large part of the selling point for many DX200 users.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #7,249 of 22,021
Mango player lag is a well known issue of DX200 so I'm really surprised you don't experience that.

Why are you so surprised? I haven't had any lag whatsoever in Mango either. It does seem odd that many of the problems being reported are by new-ish members. Perhaps the batch that you guys were sent was a bad batch...?

I'm aware that some people have had problems with their devices, but there are so many people here that it's difficult to separate the different issues. I am curious when the batches with lag appeared? I use Mango exclusively and find it to be great.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #7,250 of 22,021
Why are you so surprised? I haven't had any lag whatsoever in Mango either. It does seem odd that many of the problems being reported are by new-ish members. Perhaps the batch that you guys were sent was a bad batch...?

I'm aware that some people have had problems with their devices, but there are so many people here that it's difficult to separate the different issues. I am curious when the batches with lag appeared? I use Mango exclusively and find it to be great.

I'm surprised because slow Mango os a known issue and everybody here experience it. Just to clarify, I'm talking about pure Mango OS, not the Mango Android player. If you change tracks or use a finger tap to rewind the song it takes about 2-3 seconds which is really annoying. It should be swift. Btw I don't consider myself being a new member as I follow Head-fi and DAP world for years.

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #7,251 of 22,021

Have a look please what I basso says itself regarding to the last FW:
1. Rectified the bug that when charging or in sleep mode, the DX200 has a small possibility to reboot.
2. Rectified the bug that sometimes when playing music, the DX200 automatically pauses or the Launcher crashed. (Android OS)
3. Updated the playlist import and export function.
4. Rectified the bug in the first minute of using the DAC function, the DAC might disconnect from computer automatically.
5. Rectified the bug that system error happens when using the Japanese input. (Android OS)
6. Rectified the bug that when playing some APE music, the tracking number showed as 0/0. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that when playing DSD music, pressing the tactile buttons would introduce noise. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that when playing from Directory view, the Now Playing track order is different to the track order of theDirectory view. (Android OS)
9. Rectified the bug that when playing some DSD music file, the sound stutters. (Mango OS)
10. Rectified the bug that when playing some specified music format, the system becomes slow to respond. (Mango OS)
11. Rectified the bug that when playing some CD image or ISO, the album artwork can't be displayed.
12. Rectified the bug that when playing from Genre view, and returning from secondary structure, there is nothing displayed.
13. Updated FLAC decode engine, and improved FLAC support.
This is very unique that manufacturer states clearly about the bugs and some of the clients are suprised not observing any deviations. People are different, but I would not devide them into new-ish or old-ish members.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #7,252 of 22,021
That's great and all, I guess I've gotten so used to the effect that I don't even notice it. Possible, as the human mind will accommodate differential input and adjust. I just tried it now and am not experiencing anything. As for the statement:

Btw I don't consider myself being a new member as I follow Head-fi and DAP world for years.

That's fine. I meant in general.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #7,253 of 22,021
I get a little over .5 second lag swiping left or right. For me, just like some issues with every other dap I own, it is a non issue because I get to the music and enjoy what I am hearing and the swipe time is very short. From what I have read they are working on it. I have one of the original daps. The battery has the same play time as it did, no screen issues and the DX200 gets used every day, often left on 24/7.

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #7,254 of 22,021
Same here, the unit is on constantly, all day long with me switching headphones or IEMs. Is all this about a .5 second lag? I don't see why that can't be fixed...I'm going back to using my iPhone dammit. lol

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #7,255 of 22,021
I guess this is a question for Paul@Ibasso,my DX200 has developed the ghost swipe issue. Wasn't too bad at first, tried a reset and no different. Today it has got much worse, both Android and Mango. I bought it from Advanced MP3 players and will contact them on Monday morning about a return. Will my DX200 be repaired or replaced, would like to know so I can wrestle my DX80 back from my son if it is to be repaired. Thanks in advance for any advice
same here. mine was fine since March then this July suddenly went for ghost swipes. sent for RMA. now im DAP-less and waiting for my unit.

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #7,256 of 22,021
same here. mine was fine since March then this July suddenly went for ghost swipes. sent for RMA. now im DAP-less and waiting for my unit.
My sympathies, I had just bought Andromedas and loving the combination. Now got to go through the 300 hour burn in again. I have a DX50/80, they're good, but not DX200 good!!

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #7,257 of 22,021
Now got to go through the 300 hour burn in again. ...

Lol. Burn-in is overrated. Just listen and enjoy the journey!

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #7,258 of 22,021
Ibasso is quick with replacing the touchscreen. Depending on your location and courier it should be a quick turnaround. Mine took about a week. With the latest firmware and the absence of ghost swipe, DX200 is now a seriously awesome player. I have not encounter any issues yet since I got it back.

Also I noticed the screen that iBasso used for replacement has a far better quality than the previous one. Colors pop and more vivid.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #7,260 of 22,021
I think you better listen to it first as I never believe the reviews of audio products because different ppl have different tastes. Also, there is no accurate words or phrase to describe sound and there are no standard definition on those terms just like soundstage sth like that. You won't hae any idea it exactly sounds like with your audio files and headphones. You have no local agent I suggest you better skip this DAP unless you don't mind sending back to iBasso by mail if it breaks down.
truenobzr, thanks for your advice.
Yes, I'd like to audition it myself but not possible as a local agent does not deal with this product. I wish to take a trip to countries where audition is possible,
Best solution for me is local agent launching this product.soon. Some people doubt, though, due to bug issue and regulation clearance,etc.
So quest for my next DAP goes on. Good day, pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back