DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #6,829 of 22,021
Spinfits are hit'n'miss for different people. They are dependent on anatomy of your earcanal...

I think you really jumped the gun on IT03. I mean, it's too late to talk now, but you should have posted with your concerns to get some feedback. For example, I have been using these eartips from Penon with a high success, only $3.99 shipped: http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-In-ear-Silicone-Eartips

Bass is all about the seal, and sometimes you might not even get a good enough seal with the largest tip if the silicone cap part is too soft. For example, those tips from Penon have a thicker stem and firmer cap. If that doesn't work, try foam eartips, they will give you the best seal, and usually foamies enhance the low end and tame down the upper end.

I'm using Spinfits and the supplied tips on my Shure SE846. I think the problem is that "Lug" stopping me and a few others from what I can gather getting the seal necessary for good bass. Like I said in a previous post on this thread, I've never encountered this problem before and this is the first IEM that I've used with that "Lug". Coincidence?

Anyway, far too many IEM's out there to spend time and money trying to solve a problem that might not be solvable in this case.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #6,830 of 22,021
I received my new 256GB microSD card today so went ahead and loaded it into the DX200 and got the dap all set up. I downloaded and installed iBasso f/w v. 2.3.125 which went okay. I then tried copying over a bunch of FLAC files to give a maiden listen. I was able to create folders but I could not copy over the actual files to the SD card for some reason. The copy function would just hang. I ended up inserting the card into a laptop, copied the files, then reinserted back into the DX200. I listened to a few songs using my FLC8s and I am pleased with the audio. Very pleased.

However, the music app indeed does not list album tracks in correct track order, only alphabetically. This is a major nuisance. I am an "album" listener. So, until iBasso fixes this (based on Paul's posts I believe it's currently being worked on) I may give Lurker's/WindowsX custom ROM a try just so I can use Google Play Store to install my paid music apps. I hope it's an easy process. I've read the install instructions but I am a noob when it comes to flashing Android. Fingers crossed...

Otherwise so far so good with this lovely little listening device.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #6,831 of 22,021
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #6,832 of 22,021
Also, you can try formatting micro SD card with exFAT/128kb to improve performance with large capacity card.
This is the default format for microSDs from good brands.

Indeed, the optimal cluster size equals to the size of NAND flash erase block. But even more important to have clusters aligned to the erase block boundary. That's why SD Card Formatter from SD Association is the must to use: it takes care of both cluster size and alignment, depending on NAND flash technology inside the particular card.

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #6,833 of 22,021
Currently I'm using the latest stock firmware, but I'm thinking of installing the @Lurker0 ROM. Just a few questions:

Am I right to think that there is no difference in sound when compared to stock firmware?
I own a mac, but do I need a windows machine to install ROM?
ROM will give me access to Google Play Store?
Is it fairly simple to revert ROM and go back to stock firmware?

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #6,834 of 22,021
Am I right to think that there is no difference in sound when compared to stock firmware?
There are no changes that modify the sound stream :) But you may read that people find difference in sound between pure Mango and Mango under Android, different firmware builds, also at Monday morning and Saturday night :D All the above is out of control, or even placebo. It's up to you to decide.

I'd suggest to read the description. In brief: No, Yes, Yes.

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #6,835 of 22,021
+1
The quality of the sound +The possibility of customizing the sound is what it makes the FLC8S so unique. I am currently with Red-Grey-Green filters.

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #6,836 of 22,021
I was able to create folders but I could not copy over the actual files to the SD card for some reason.
You may have better experience accessing your SD card via USB Mass Storage mode, implemented in my firmware build.

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #6,837 of 22,021
Currently I'm using the latest stock firmware, but I'm thinking of installing the @Lurker0 ROM. Just a few questions:

: Stock 2.3.125 sounds better than 2.2.110 "a lot" to my ears. Lurker used 2.2.110 version of power.rk3368.so file and that made it sounds closer to 2.2.110 which I don't like. I prefer patching more cpu shutting down with 2.3.125 file.

: Using virtual machine to install would be easier. You can follow Lurker's instructions for mac too.

: Cooked rom will have Google Play Store access.

: Yes. You can download OTA rom abd flash back in DX200's software update.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #6,839 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Is it possible to link the hardware control keys to your custom hiby player?? Also, in technical wise, are there really any sound difference between players such as Poweramp, Mango and hiby??

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #6,840 of 22,021
You may have better experience accessing your SD card via USB Mass Storage mode, implemented in my firmware build.

Good to know. I will attempt the install of your ROM this weekend.

Another peculiarity I find is the charging of the DX200 when connected to a computer via USB is a separate function from file transfer or USB DAC. Why can't it charge simultaneously just like every other portable device I have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back