DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 27, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #6,796 of 22,021
Did that. . . I saw the 24 bits under the play button. However when the music was playing there was a lot of white noise behind it...so the song had background noise and wasn't clear at all. Is that normal? Clearly not, but can't figure out why it is doing this.

Did you connect with 5Ghz wifi?

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #6,798 of 22,021
Did that. . . I saw the 24 bits under the play button. However when the music was playing there was a lot of white noise behind it...so the song had background noise and wasn't clear at all. Is that normal? Clearly not, but can't figure out why it is doing this.

I had it once. Uninstall UAPP and install it again. Open USB Audio, choose UAPP and change settings in app as instuctions says. It should work now. You can take a photo of settings instructions and view it on Your smartphone. I'm on a stock soft right now so I'm guessing from memory. But that's what I did.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #6,799 of 22,021
An observation with my DX200. Still on stock f/w 2.2.110 and I have nothing loaded yet. I charged it upon receiving the dap yesterday. Got home today and turned it on. To be honest I have no idea if I had turned it completely off or just left it in standby once it charged. Anyway when I turned it on, which was a bit flaky to begin with, battery level was already at 62%. So 38% reduction in a space of about 16 hours. Normal? Will this improve with newer firmware?

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #6,800 of 22,021
I'm staying at a hotel at the moment. So no I don't think so...?
That's most definitely the issue. Unfortunately I almost always get static noise when streaming anything if it's not a 5G network. Hope this is fixed at some point!:bow:

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #6,801 of 22,021
An observation with my DX200. Still on stock f/w 2.2.110 and I have nothing loaded yet. I charged it upon receiving the dap yesterday. Got home today and turned it on. To be honest I have no idea if I had turned it completely off or just left it in standby once it charged. Anyway when I turned it on, which was a bit flaky to begin with, battery level was already at 62%. So 38% reduction in a space of about 16 hours. Normal? Will this improve with newer firmware?
You most likely didn't have the DX200 turned off and it was draining the battery. If you aren't using it and it isn't plugged in, I would make sure to turn it off. I haven't read of anyone having issues with the battery.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #6,804 of 22,021
Are you using Amp1 or Amp2?
I consider buying CDM for my DX200. Can you briefly compare DX200 Amp1 balanced out vs DX200 Amp1 line out + CDM ?

I'm using the AMP1 only. I'm trying to keep my portable rig balanced. I'm looking forward to AMP3. If it has a balanced line out I'll purchase it.

Here is a comparison of the CDM and the DX200.

My setup
  • I'm using the 3.5 mm line out on the DX200 to 3.5 mm line in on CDM
  • I'm using the 2.5mm balanced on CDM and 2.5 mm on DX200
  • I'm using ALO Andromedas as the earphone
  • Furutech ADL 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable to connect the line out to line in
  • I'm listening to Diana Krall "Girl in the Other Room" album in DSD64 and Staind and The Chainsmokers on Tidal in HiFi

CDM w/ Mullard 6112 tubes

Pros
  1. CDM amp has more weight and body
  2. Deeper bass and better bass slam
  3. More organic
  4. Very detailed but musical
  5. Big sound stage. Makes it seem like you are on the 10th row instead of on the front row. I tend to hear this on amps that have bigger sound stages though.
  6. More refined
  7. You feel the instruments more with the CDM
  8. Better instrument separation

Cons

1. A lot of HISSSSSSS. You get this with all tubes amps and sensitive IEMS. iFi IEMatch works well out of the 3.5mm but causes distortion out of 2.5 mm balanced, but this may be due to my adapters.
  2. CDM gets really hot.
  3. Size is not optimal for travel but it works.

DX200 2.5mm balanced out

Pros

1. Leans more to analytical. With new firmware iBasso has made the sound signature warmer. Sounds quite a bit different than the old firmware. This is a good thing for me.
  2. Nice detailed bass but the quantity doesn't match CDM
  3. More in your face
  4. One piece portable solutions are much more convenient than taking two
  5. Micro detail is a hair better. Very small difference though.
  6. The best all-in-one portable solution I've listened to

Cons

1. A little thin sounding compared to CDM
  2. Some hiss. Not as bad as the CDM though
  3. Treble is a little harsh. It has the sssssss on the letter s
  4. Not as musical as the CDM

Hope this helps

As a side note, the Fostex HP-V1 is a really good match for the DX200 too. You can add tubes for a lot less than the CDM. The performance is really close to the CDM too. I really like the HP-V1 excellent portable amp.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #6,805 of 22,021
Normally there is no difference in sound between Ibasso firmware and Lurker's (as long as they have the same ID off course).
At least, not to my ears

Just extra functionality with the Lurker version

Thanks. I have not tried Lurker's firmware yet and I was only comparing different versions of the iBasso firmware.

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #6,806 of 22,021
dx.jpg

Hey Paul or anyone who has tried it, do you think I can use this cable to connect to other external dac?

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #6,807 of 22,021
Hey Paul or anyone who has tried it, do you think I can use this cable to connect to other external dac?
Such a cable requires non-standard wiring of the USB socket. If DX200 had such a wiring, I'm sure iBasso would document it.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,808 of 22,021
Hi All

I've got an iBasso DX200/AMP2 and Shure SE846 setup and am looking to upgrade my IEM's. I would like a good amount of accurate bass with lots of fatigue-free detail.

My budget is about £1000. As I can't listen to anything due to living in Jersey, Channel Islands, I have to rely on people's opinions and reviews. What should I be shortlisting? The Campfire Audio Vega looks to fit the bill?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #6,809 of 22,021
I have checked this in Android and Mango and the Artist and Albums and it follows the alphabetic order. It is not doing this for you?
No... but it shouldn't be playing back in alphabetical order. It should be playing back an album in track number order... as tagged in the meta data. It doesn't in the mango os. I thought this was fixed in a previous firmware version. But it's definitely not working correctly now. Some albums might play through in the correct order. Most won't.

However, playback from folders does play back album in correct order. I'm guessing because the filenames within the folder all start with the track number.

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #6,810 of 22,021
No... but it shouldn't be playing back in alphabetical order. It should be playing back an album in track number order... as tagged in the meta data. It doesn't in the mango os. I thought this was fixed in a previous firmware version. But it's definitely not working correctly now. Some albums might play through in the correct order. Most won't.

However, playback from folders does play back album in correct order. I'm guessing because the filenames within the folder all start with the track number.
You are correct. We will have this fixed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back