DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #5,882 of 22,021
Dear DX200 owners!

You have a great sound from your device, but are you satisfied with the software? You have full Android and can install third party applications with great features, but they can't squeeze the maximum from the audio part, because, regardless of iBasso efforts, Android has its limitations. But, imagine that you install an application like USB Audio Player PRO, Hiby Music, Neutron Player, and you can use all their features, at the highest possible quality... I mean it - all, with direct access to DAC for bit perfect playback of all the supported formats, including Native DSD!

You have made a smart decision: iBasso DX200 is the first and the only player in the world that can do it, with a help of a little application with ugly user interface, named [COLOR=0000FF]USB Audio for DX200[/COLOR].

All you have to do is:
  1. Install this application.
  2. The hardest step: Start it first to read warnings and instructions how to configure an audio player of your choice!
  3. Push 'Start' button.
  4. Enjoy!
This application switches iBasso DX200 audio processor (XMOS chip) into USB DAC mode, accessible for Android applications, installed on this DX200 itself. When [COLOR=0000FF]USB Audio for DX200[/COLOR] starts the USB DAC Interface, any compatible Android music player application, that supports and is configured to use a USB DAC, will play bit perfect audio, including DSD! For DSD, it supports both Native and DoP modes, and even DoP-encoded PCM formats, e.g. in flac. Please continue reading here :)

I copied the UAPP app via apk backup from my paid-for version, and configured it according to your instructions, however when I attempt to play a file, I get a message stating that the USPP license cannot be verified. How is that done on the DX200??

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #5,883 of 22,021
I get a message stating that the USPP license cannot be verified. How is that done on the DX200??
I use firmware with Play Market, obviously :wink: Don't know if they have other licensing ways...

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #5,884 of 22,021
I use firmware with Play Market, obviously :wink: Don't know if they have other licensing ways...

My other paid apps work OK on DX200 once I log in to them, however UAPP has no log-in. Will your DX200 USB app work with other Android devices in addition to DX200?

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #5,885 of 22,021
  My other paid apps work OK on DX200 once I log in to them, however UAPP has no log-in.

It depends on how lazy the software owners are to implement additional check of purchases :wink:

Will your DX200 USB app work with other Android devices in addition to DX200?

It uses API which is unique for iBasso firmware. So, most probably, it will work on DX300. It would work for sure on DX80 if it had full Android.

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #5,886 of 22,021
I copied the UAPP app via apk backup from my paid-for version, and configured it according to your instructions, however when I attempt to play a file, I get a message stating that the USPP license cannot be verified. How is that done on the DX200??

Just flash your device with Lurker0's rom and then simply install UAPP from Google Play which is included in this rom. That's what I did.

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #5,887 of 22,021
Just flash your device with Lurker0's rom and then simply install UAPP from Google Play which is included in this rom. That's what I did.

I would like to do the same, but I understand that Lurker's firmware requires the use of the Batch Tool which in turn requires the use of a Windoze computer. I only have a Linux-based computer so looks as if I will have to wait until iBasso chooses to include Google Play in one of the future firmware updates.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #5,888 of 22,021
which in turn requires the use of a Windoze computer.
Mac users say, VM is just enough, and you can even download a Windows VM from Microsoft for free.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #5,889 of 22,021
Do you guys find that listening in Android mode is actually more enjoyable (maybe a little more dynamic, more engaging) than in Mango mode? I noticed this in 2.0.78beta & again in 2.1.94. I haven't found the words for it yet but it seems to be a little more "dramatic" in Android mode. 

Edit: Same settings - digital filters, gain mode, etc.

Yep, i find it like this too

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #5,890 of 22,021
Hello
Dear DX200 owners!

You have a great sound from your device, but are you satisfied with the software? You have full Android and can install third party applications with great features, but they can't squeeze the maximum from the audio part, because, regardless of iBasso efforts, Android has its limitations. But, imagine that you install an application like USB Audio Player PRO, Hiby Music, Neutron Player, and you can use all their features, at the highest possible quality... I mean it - all, with direct access to DAC for bit perfect playback of all the supported formats, including Native DSD!

You have made a smart decision: iBasso DX200 is the first and the only player in the world that can do it, with a help of a little application with ugly user interface, named [COLOR=0000FF]USB Audio for DX200[/COLOR].

All you have to do is:
  1. Install this application.
  2. The hardest step: Start it first to read warnings and instructions how to configure an audio player of your choice!
  3. Push 'Start' button.
  4. Enjoy!

This application switches iBasso DX200 audio processor (XMOS chip) into USB DAC mode, accessible for Android applications, installed on this DX200 itself. When [COLOR=0000FF]USB Audio for DX200[/COLOR] starts the USB DAC Interface, any compatible Android music player application, that supports and is configured to use a USB DAC, will play bit perfect audio, including DSD! For DSD, it supports both Native and DoP modes, and even DoP-encoded PCM formats, e.g. in flac. Please continue reading here :)

Hello Lurker,
Can you please clarify my question?

1.Your application, is an APK which is installed out of Android right?
(Or is it a new Firmware? Because i dont want to redownload my Tidal Library again)

2. i am listening just to Tidal HiFi. Will your App affect my sound quality? (Or can i just stay using the Tidal App normally?)

Thanks in advance :wink:

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #5,891 of 22,021
1.Your application, is an APK which is installed out of Android right?
(Or is it a new Firmware? Because i dont want to redownload my Tidal Library again)

2. i am listening just to Tidal HiFi. Will your App affect my sound quality? (Or can i just stay using the Tidal App normally?)

1. Yes, the APK is just APK, an application.
2. I don't know about quality :) But it does not prevent using any other app the usual way as long as you don't start it for its particular purpose: activate USB Audio.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #5,893 of 22,021
Dear Lurker, after using USB audio player pro, it stop playing next song when the display is turned off, can you please check?
Have you turned on gapless playback?

I didn't find a way to prevent power management to power down USB bus in sleep mode :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #5,894 of 22,021
Have you turned on gapless playback?

I didn't find a way to prevent power management to power down USB bus in sleep mode
frown.gif

Can you check what can caused the program?  

Update : it shows "USB detaching" and "USB initialized" after screen on the device.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #5,895 of 22,021
i test the program of lurker on usb player audio pro (?)
I can only test 20m and... i don't know xD.
edit: is my idea or is more clear? o_o
  Can you check what can caused the program?  

Update : it shows "USB detaching" and "USB initialized" after screen on the device.

Run first audio player trial, close the app and run the usb audio, if you have a problem, close both and open again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back