DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 14, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #5,836 of 22,021
Ok I'm looking for a amp to go with my DX200 and DX80. I've been looking at the Fiio A5. Anybody has any other suggestions. I wanted the pb3 but it is not available on Amazon and my card for all my toys is a amazon shop card. So any suggestions are welcome. It will be used to push everything from it03 to hd600's

Check out the C&C BH amp. I'm using it with my HD650's now simply because of the WOW factor. The combo is incredible.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #5,837 of 22,021
I highly recommend the WindowsX Advanced Purist ROM, not only for all DX200 users but especially for those who feel it might be lacking in musicality. I'd say more but I lack the analytical vocabulary and I'm on 4 hrs sleep because of the combo of DX200, balanced Impact Audio cable and Vega.

Really? It's that good? Where do you download it from? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,838 of 22,021
Really? It's that good? Where do you download it from? 

I certainly think so. I was missing some musicality when I switched from the Mojo to DX200, despite the vast improvement in details and soundstage etc I thought the Mojo had a little more soul to it... no longer.

You can PM WindowsX and he'll give you any details you want on it. He has free version you can download from the DX200 Modification thread, but he sends you a unique download link if you choose to purchase the advanced version. All versions, free as well, have fully functioning Google Play, and he can customize the purchased ROMs if you'd like.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #5,841 of 22,021
Ok I'm looking for a amp to go with my DX200 and DX80. I've been looking at the Fiio A5. Anybody has any other suggestions. I wanted the pb3 but it is not available on Amazon and my card for all my toys is a amazon shop card. So any suggestions are welcome. It will be used to push everything from it03 to hd600's

I just bought a headlamp pico power....Hope to get it next week to pair with the dx-200 and my dx-90
. It's pricey, but seemed to tick all the boxes.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #5,842 of 22,021
  Hi folks..... when listening with my ether flows through the single ended 3.5mm jack, I felt that the DX-200 was struggling a bit, and I had to dial up volume beyond 130 (high gain) to feel as though I was getting enough "oomph". I finally got a 2.5mm balanced adaptor and wow, what a difference. I can now dial back volume to well below 100 and still get a better output. In addition, I feel the overall SQ  via balanced is much improved and means that I can use the DX-200 as a fully portable option when  using full sized cans and won't need an external amp.  

I'll be using the DX-200 via balanced from now on I think.

sbb 

2.5 balanced... adaptor? Take care with this. You may damage your headphones or DAP. Or both of them... 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #5,843 of 22,021
I certainly think so. I was missing some musicality when I switched from the Mojo to DX200, despite the vast improvement in details and soundstage etc I thought the Mojo had a little more soul to it... no longer.

You can PM WindowsX and he'll give you any details you want on it. He has free version you can download from the DX200 Modification thread, but he sends you a unique download link if you choose to purchase the advanced version. All versions, free as well, have fully functioning Google Play, and he can customize the purchased ROMs if you'd like.

Oh yes, I emailed him. I just have a thing about paying for ROM's. I don't begrudge him making a living...but traditionally ROM's for phones, android boxes, etc have been free for everyone to enjoy. But each to their own.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #5,844 of 22,021
Oh yes, I emailed him. I just have a thing about paying for ROM's. I don't begrudge him making a living...but traditionally ROM's for phones, android boxes, etc have been free for everyone to enjoy. But each to their own.

He possibly has watched this. :rolleyes:

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #5,848 of 22,021

I can see that point of view too, but I'd think that the improvements in the free versions are minimal (complete assumption as this is the only DAP ROM I've used), I which case he's got the free version which does improve sound quality as is, and adds Google Play. But I was intrigued as to how much better the advanced version sounds, in addition to continued customization in the future, and am definitely convinced he's earned it.

As a designer I come across this issue a lot... I can see doing some small freelance work for a friend or if it was a way to land a huge client, but there is no justification for putting in hard work like this for free. Unless you're rich and bored perhaps.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #5,849 of 22,021

If developers did it for hobby, yes this should be free and update as developers' free time.

Until demand from users is higher and higher than expect and consume his main job time, developers will put something special in his rom like special paid abilities to trade with some donation like many paid version of rom manager apps or kernel configuration apps.

I can't understand how this situation went wrong since he also released a free version. You could just try free version if it improves sound performance for sure then you could pay for advanced one to take another great step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back