DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 13, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #5,821 of 22,021
Here is one magical mystery. my friends said.

It happens when we using(single end or balanced out) the dynamic driver and BA type hybrid IEMs or dynamic driver IEMs on DX200.

The sound is obviously weak when compared to other DAPs. Sounds sleek without sharpness.
Does anyone understand this cause?

Maybe they tried with bright sounding IEM and thus didnt make a good couple rather than not enough driving power.

I can think of one good combo of hybrid iem. IT03 is good matching with dx200.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #5,822 of 22,021

It happens when we using(single end or balanced out) the dynamic driver and BA type hybrid IEMs or dynamic driver IEMs on DX200.

The sound is obviously weak when compared to other DAPs. Sounds sleek without sharpness.

That's very odd: my hybrid Oriolus provides more and better bass from the DX200 than the BA iems can.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #5,823 of 22,021

Perhaps this is a magic mystery for your friend, but how about you, what do you think?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and it's normal for people to hear things differently.  I have tested DX200 with many hybrids like W900, Sirius, Fourte (at CJ NYC), IT03, Primacy, A83, and single dynamic drivers like VEGA, Exelento, The Answer, Pinnacle, RE600, and was impressed with a pair up.

And if your friend is very picky, maybe he will be happy with the upcoming high current output AMP2 card for DX200, as mentioned by @Paul - iBasso in this thread
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #5,825 of 22,021
That's very odd: my hybrid Oriolus provides more and better bass from the DX200 than the BA iems can.

In balanced the DX200 puts out 6 volts and it depends upon the load how much current flows. We have tried the DX200 with many types of IEMs and headphones and never had this issue. But the power of the DX200 stock amp even in single ended should be more than enough to drive any IEM type.

Hi Paul and guys.

thank you for many reply.

The IEMs which was the problem is JustEar IEMs(Jpanese SONY's model) and Unique Melody's Maverick+ IEM.
but, these models are not circulated in the world.

Since we do not know the cause, we decided to be a compatibility problem. :p
(yes, they are very good sound on other DAPs or AMPs)

thank you!

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #5,826 of 22,021
Hmmm come one.
If i change the module i get diferent sound?, what diference have he new module with standard?
Both are similar but the new module doesn't have the 2,5 mm output, power is similar 3v/6v vs 3.1v
So... ?

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #5,828 of 22,021

Please email me your name and address and I will check for your order. paul@ibasso.com   I am also going to look into why our site is doing this and get it corrected.

You should have confirmation now.

Thanks Paul.

Btw, do we install only the latest firmware or install all firmwares from the first one all the way to the most recent one?

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #5,830 of 22,021

Thanks Paul.

Btw, do we install only the latest firmware or install all firmwares from the first one all the way to the most recent one?

The newest FW will have all the previous updates.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 14, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #5,831 of 22,021
Hi folks..... when listening with my ether flows through the single ended 3.5mm jack, I felt that the DX-200 was struggling a bit, and I had to dial up volume beyond 130 (high gain) to feel as though I was getting enough "oomph". I finally got a 2.5mm balanced adaptor and wow, what a difference. I can now dial back volume to well below 100 and still get a better output. In addition, I feel the overall SQ  via balanced is much improved and means that I can use the DX-200 as a fully portable option when  using full sized cans and won't need an external amp.  

I'll be using the DX-200 via balanced from now on I think.

sbb 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #5,832 of 22,021
  Hi folks..... when listening with my ether flows through the single ended 3.5mm jack, I felt that the DX-200 was struggling a bit, and I had to dial up volume beyond 130 (high gain) to feel as though I was getting enough "oomph". I finally got a 2.5mm balanced adaptor and wow, what a difference. I can now dial back volume to well below 100 and still get a better output. In addition, I feel the overall SQ  via balanced is much improved and means that I can use the DX-200 as a fully portable option when  using full sized cans and won't need an external amp.  

I'll be using the DX-200 via balanced from now on I think.

sbb 

felt the same way too when I tried a balanced cable to my SE846. now I 've been using balanced as well and while also driving my HD800S.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #5,834 of 22,021
Ok I'm looking for a amp to go with my DX200 and DX80. I've been looking at the Fiio A5. Anybody has any other suggestions. I wanted the pb3 but it is not available on Amazon and my card for all my toys is a amazon shop card. So any suggestions are welcome. It will be used to push everything from it03 to hd600's

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #5,835 of 22,021
I highly recommend the WindowsX Advanced Purist ROM, not only for all DX200 users but especially for those who feel it might be lacking in musicality. I'd say more but I lack the analytical vocabulary and I'm on 4 hrs sleep because of the combo of DX200, balanced Impact Audio cable and Vega.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back