DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 6, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #5,656 of 22,021
Thanks I am using a similar one, HD800S. And I tried HDVD800 lately and I am amazed that the sound potential is maximized using amp to be paired with our headphones. But I don't have the dough for this. Plus I need a portable one so I am planning to get PB3 for balanced out as well, thank you artpiggo. :grinning:
Thanks KK-Android! Great set of gears you have there.

I appreciate your insight with this combination.

Looking forward to the same setup. I am using HD800s 300 Ohms , do you think PB3 can power this to its potential?

I tried HDVD800 lately and it is meant to be paired with HDVD800s and potential is maximized.

I am hoping that PB3 can power HD800s as well but the Information online says only 480mW not sure at which impedance this is rated.

again thank you guys :hugging:

Bluesnote.
iBasso know you using HD800s. hehe
here you go.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,657 of 22,021
@KK-android that dx200 case looks perfect with PB3 stack up, because you have an extra padding on the back (due to kickstand panel), so you have more heat isolation between DX200 and PB3.  Looks good!  So, why not TIA Fourte? 
wink.gif
  I'm all obsessed with high end hybrids now, W900 with balanced 1960 4wire hits the right spot for me
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,660 of 22,021
  Any hope to see the DX200 in stock on the iBasso web site?

Paul replied to me in the IT03 thread:

Yes, I think we will. We should have it back in stock in 1 or 2 weeks. Also we have the AMP2 coming up very, very soon. This is a single ended amp with a high current output. Very good sounding but then we will let the AMP2 do the talking. 
smile.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #5,661 of 22,021

Paul replied to me in the IT03 thread:

Yes, I think we will. We should have it back in stock in 1 or 2 weeks. Also we have the AMP2 coming up very, very soon. This is a single ended amp with a high current output. Very good sounding but then we will let the AMP2 do the talking. 
smile.gif

It sounds good, thank you. Are the specs of the amp2 available?

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #5,662 of 22,021
  Paul,
Do you know if you will have any dealers with the DX-200 at Can Jam this weekend

Thanks

None that I know of.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #5,664 of 22,021
I am still enjoying the iBasso DX200 well after the honeymoon and post review period.

My review has got well over 6000 views on Head-fi so there seems to be a lot of interest in it.

566f055120a5fa7e9dfefc251ea6d285.jpg

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #5,666 of 22,021
Thanks KK Android for this box info!  
No website has provided this reference of Power and sidebox except from you!

I appreciate it! Arigatōgozaima****a!

Look over on the PB3 thread, I saw the specs there earlier today. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #5,668 of 22,021
I reseated the amp module. Did it effect the brightness a little? Maybe. The sound from the unit is as though it is a 3 way speaker with poor driver integration. Like a cohesive but not particularly organic bass and mid crossed over to a ratty metal dome tweeter.

So I finally received a balanced cable. Wow. The thing can finally drive the Audeze Sine. The unbalanced out simply cannot. It is anemic and weak with that phone through that output. Now it shouts. Literally cutting volume from 150 to 100 territory. The cable isnt broken in, but the sound still is not very (if at all) organic.

It is now cooking. The DX90 still has an effortlessly organic sound - what I recognized and loved from the start. I suspect (know?) it uses completely different op amps in its output.

The Dx200 retrieves lots of detail. "Look at that detail over there" kind of sound. Unfortunately, that has absoultely nothing to do with music. The 90 has a cohesive organic fully formed rendition of the performer sort of sound.

The sort of sound that a guy who attends concerts of unamplified instruments and runs '42 NOS Sylvanias, WE 300Bs and '44 military VT4Cs in his home amps likes.

But that's not the sound of the 200 so far. It sounds like solid state inorganic hifi at the moment. I note the thread now reports amp module #2 is pending. I think thats a good thing, because my ears and suspicions tell me the amp in this thing is the weak link. I think amp module #2 should use the same op amps as the 90.

And if its not that, it must be the migration to the android environment.

That would be unfortunate.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #5,669 of 22,021
Maybe you sould try Sony WM1A or WM1Z balanced mode, if it is organic enough for you.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #5,670 of 22,021
I reseated the amp module. Did it effect the brightness a little? Maybe. The sound from the unit is as though it is a 3 way speaker with poor driver integration. Like a cohesive but not particularly organic bass and mid crossed over to a ratty metal dome tweeter.

So I finally received a balanced cable. Wow. The thing can finally drive the Audeze Sine. The unbalanced out simply cannot. It is anemic and weak with that phone through that output. Now it shouts. Literally cutting volume from 150 to 100 territory. The cable isnt broken in, but the sound still is not very (if at all) organic.

It is now cooking. The DX90 still has an effortlessly organic sound - what I recognized and loved from the start. I suspect (know?) it uses completely different op amps in its output.

The Dx200 retrieves lots of detail. "Look at that detail over there" kind of sound. Unfortunately, that has absoultely nothing to do with music. The 90 has a cohesive organic fully formed rendition of the performer sort of sound.

The sort of sound that a guy who attends concerts of unamplified instruments and runs '42 NOS Sylvanias, WE 300Bs and '44 military VT4Cs in his home amps likes.

But that's not the sound of the 200 so far. It sounds like solid state inorganic hifi at the moment. I note the thread now reports amp module #2 is pending. I think thats a good thing, because my ears and suspicions tell me the amp in this thing is the weak link. I think amp module #2 should use the same op amps as the 90.

And if its not that, it must be the migration to the android environment.

That would be unfortunate.

I think i quite understand that. If you love tube like style, I think 200 might not be the beat option. Sony might be your option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back