DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #5,371 of 22,021
Hi there,

i've been eyeing DX200 (since my last question here lol) and the wait for it to be released in my country is really long.
meanwhile there is a really tempting offer on Hugo so i jumped on it and having spent almost 3 weeks with it i'm really satisfied but it does lack a little of portability.
I noticed some of the DX200 owner here also have hugo in their inventory, and read someone prefer their dx200 over hugo

could someone give a quick comparison about this two in terms of technicality and tonality?
after spending spending 3 weeks with hugo i felt that hugo is really resolving and transparent but i think it added some subtle warmth in the lower mid area
giving more body to the tone .my previous DAP is dp-x1, i found the dp-x1 is on more thinner side than hugo and lacking the tone body but the thinner sound gives a
more spacious and airy feeling to the sound.

in the twister6's review the dx200 is the same level as microDSD, so does it mean it still lag behind in terms of technicality to hugo?
thanks in advance

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #5,372 of 22,021
Sorry, I tried to search the other thread but seems no answer to my question.

I noticed there is a modded firmware project going on for the DX200 and I am becoming a bit interested on that. But I just worried if I flashed that modded FW and bricked my DX200, will that still under warranty by ibasso?

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #5,373 of 22,021
Dear Paul what do you mean with "A drill will be offered an additional card slot."? I am waiting to move away from my DX90 just because I need an iBasso DAP with two sd slots... is it really going to happen with DX200? When? And how would it work?

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #5,374 of 22,021
  Dear Paul what do you mean with "A drill will be offered an additional card slot."? I am waiting to move away from my DX90 just because I need an iBasso DAP with two sd slots... is it really going to happen with DX200? When? And how would it work?

Wow Paul, you can really make people so desperately hopeful about this. well played.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #5,375 of 22,021

I'm fairly certain that was a joke.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #5,376 of 22,021
  Sorry, I tried to search the other thread but seems no answer to my question.

I noticed there is a modded firmware project going on for the DX200 and I am becoming a bit interested on that. But I just worried if I flashed that modded FW and bricked my DX200, will that still under warranty by ibasso?

if you mean by modded firmware is the firmware by @WindowsX  i'm pretty sure it is safe as long as you back up the current ROM first,
if anything happen you just could flash back the original ROM, not sure about the warranty though, I think it's best to wait for confirmation from Paul

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #5,377 of 22,021
I thought that the circuit board supported the slot and changing the package would give access to the slot.

It happens often with electronics devices, i have worked in the business and I have seen it happen very often. Sometimes hw features are hidden just because the sw is not ready to support them, or just because go to market decided to hide it.

If it is a joke... I am sorry that they are not thinking about upgrading the DX200 to a secondary slot. It is so painful to switch cards when you are on a trip.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #5,378 of 22,021
  Hello peeps...

I'm trying to flash to V2.0.78beta...

Can it be done via Factory Tool (v1.39).? In other words, do I have to flash using Factory Tool first to previous version v1.3.6 then use system update (via SD card on DX200) to update to v2.0.78beta?

What I've done so far...

1. Downloaded v2.0.78beta
2. Unzip (and see a ...ota.zip file and ReadMe file)
3. Unzip ...ota.zip furhter (to see boot.img file)

I tried to load the boot.img file (under step 12, "Add Firmware"

But I'm getting error... "Error: Loading Firmware Failed"...

I'm trying to make a 'clean' flash (i.e. to load directly using Factory Tool).

Any input much appreciated...

if the zip contains many files, it is meant to be updated by card slot.

if it is just one .img file you can flash by Factory Tool.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #5,379 of 22,021
  Hello peeps...

I'm trying to flash to V2.0.78beta...

Can it be done via Factory Tool (v1.39).? In other words, do I have to flash using Factory Tool first to previous version v1.3.6 then use system update (via SD card on DX200) to update to v2.0.78beta?

What I've done so far...

1. Downloaded v2.0.78beta
2. Unzip (and see a ...ota.zip file and ReadMe file)
3. Unzip ...ota.zip furhter (to see boot.img file)

I tried to load the boot.img file (under step 12, "Add Firmware"

But I'm getting error... "Error: Loading Firmware Failed"...

I'm trying to make a 'clean' flash (i.e. to load directly using Factory Tool).

Any input much appreciated...

RESOLVED.

For image file that works... the link is below:-

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121.zip
(retrieved this from ibasso FB page. The 'Download' page does not (as at time and date of my post here) have this "DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121.zip")

1. Unzip and you'll get "update.img"
2. Flash using Factory Tool

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #5,381 of 22,021

It would not work well. I was kidding. We will have a pure player. Meaning no wifi or blue tooth that will have two slots and I guarantee you it will have excellent sound. It will also have 2 slots. We realize that some people want 2 slots but also get emails from people that don't care that much because the micro cards of 200 to 256gb are enough for them. Also the scan times have decreased a lot so placing a new card in and scanning it doesn't take very long.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #5,383 of 22,021

It would not work well. I was kidding. We will have a pure player. Meaning no wifi or blue tooth that will have two slots and I guarantee you it will have excellent sound. It will also have 2 slots. We realize that some people want 2 slots but also get emails from people that don't care that much because the micro cards of 200 to 256gb are enough for them. Also the scan times have decreased a lot so placing a new card in and scanning it doesn't take very long.

Very good news, I just hope we won't have to wait for another 2 years.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #5,384 of 22,021
Thanks Paul for the feedback. Are you excluding the option of 2 slots + wifi so that Tidal and other streaming services are supported? This is really the combination I am chasing. I use 200GB sd cards, but because I store uncompressed music and also High Resolution Audio, one slot is simply not enough.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #5,385 of 22,021
I just received my DX200 today. 
UI has a lot of bugs. Touch is extremely slow and unresponsive. This is quite quite possibly the slowest Android device I have ever used and I have used a lot of them. This is me using the DX200 directly after a factory reset. Quite frankly I am scared of how much slower this will get after installing a bunch of stuff. USB DAC mode works fine with some hiccups here and there. IMO, this is not a finished product. This feels more like a Beta build.

SQ wise, I am quite impressed. I am coming from Pioneer XDP 300R and mojo. XDP 300R has a suffocatingly small soundstage and the Mojo was slightly dark. DX200 has a huge soundstage and its overall very balanced. It also feels quite smooth with my 64 Audio A12 ADEL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back