DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 21, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #5,356 of 22,021
Save the cynicism.  I've been using DAPs for years and this is a new level of stupid.  Quit covering for manufacturers who sell you products to do their beta testing for them.  For a thousand dollars it shouldn't take scrounging forums and scanning redundant posts to figure out how to do 101 things with them.  For this price it should be plug and play.

Apologies. It just gets on my nerve when manufacturers get first blame when issues can be resolved with some reading and googling. Doesnt help when everyone else got it working quite quickly. But yes, apologies, because that was unnecessary. Glad you got it to work.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #5,357 of 22,021
Hi!

I bought a new silver balanced cable TRRS to XLR and was amazed at the better sound quality.
But I hear sibilance via my home AMP when listening the sound via balanced output volume above 130. Especially it hear at high volume 150.
What could it be?

1. Broken AMP iBasso card?
2. Not burned-in cable?
3. Poor quality cable?

In General, the sound on the order of more Mature and better from BAL-output than using Line-out.
Unfortunately I have no other cable to test what problem is. What about you?

Thanks.

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #5,358 of 22,021
  Hi!

I bought a new silver balanced cable TRRS to XLR and was amazed at the better sound quality.
But I hear sibilance via my home AMP when listening the sound via balanced output volume above 130. Especially it hear at high volume 150.
What could it be?

2. Not burned-in cable?
3. Poor quality cable?

In General, the sound on the order of more Mature and better from BAL-output than using Line-out.

Thanks.

I think because balanced output is used for headphone, not for balanced out purpose. This might be a reason.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #5,359 of 22,021
  Hi!

What could it be?

2. Not burned-in cable?
3. Poor quality cable?

Thanks.

1. Could be your amp. Some circuits cannot take high inputs, above 100 is considered high, especially ifyou have high gain on.
My Shure SE846 IEM have a bit of hiss past 100 and when using wifi it's like i can hear digital packets go in. Very tiny noise buit not negligible.

2. Poor quality cable can be the culprit and some circuitry natural noise especially if you have transformer.
But in your case it is silver and a very good conductor, that should eliminate the noise and whatever crosstalk.

3. Poor AC source also could be the reason, at home I use power conditioner to eliminate ripples from AC that affects the DC conversion
especially when I am recording at  my computer and music interface, and also to amps and any circuitry.

So I am betting it's the AC Source Hopefully this helps.

Cheerio Amigo.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #5,360 of 22,021
  Tried both ways.  Neither works.  Now I'm back to the usual buggy iBasso **** of the pc not seeing the SD card in the player while the player is hooked to the pc.  Just like my DX90 90% of the time.  

I am sorry you had difficulty with the update. I know this can be frustrating. The downloaded zip file must be unzipped and then that zip file is used for the update. I will clarify this on our instruction manual on our web page for the DX200. It takes a few minutes for the DX200 to update once the process has started.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #5,361 of 22,021
Hi -- new Head-Fi member here.  Just out of curiosity, I'm torn between picking up the DX200 and the Opus 1 or 2.  Can anyone who owns both provide any guidance?  I will be listening with a pair of U12's that should be in my possession shorty (can't wait!!!!).

Thanks

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #5,362 of 22,021
  Hi -- new Head-Fi member here.  Just out of curiosity, I'm torn between picking up the DX200 and the Opus 1 or 2.  Can anyone who owns both provide any guidance?  I will be listening with a pair of U12's that should be in my possession shorty (can't wait!!!!).

Thanks

Reviews are always helpful, HERE you go, scroll down to comparison section
wink.gif
  You will get guidance, but the final decision is all yours!

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #5,364 of 22,021
Hello
i wild buy the ibasso dx200 and ( i don't know now, cable effect audio eros II+ ), my actual iem is shure se846 and i'm looking for upgrade
I'm like listen metal: death metal, melodic and folk is my favorite.
I'm looking for iem for dx200 ( good match ) with this caracteristic:
My ears are sensitive to much-highs.
- Tight bass
- Transparent sound
- Good recovery of details
- Great extention of high
- Seperation sound ( guittars don't touch crash, hi-hat etc. Is hard this part in metal music, in rock, jazz i think is more eas because is more slow. )
I like aggresive iems.

Thanks for all !
1000usd - max 2000usd ~

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #5,365 of 22,021
  Hello
i wild buy the ibasso dx200 and ( i don't know now, cable effect audio eros II+ ), my actual iem is shure se846 and i'm looking for upgrade
I'm like listen metal: death metal, melodic and folk is my favorite.
I'm looking for iem for dx200 ( good match ) with this caracteristic:
My ears are sensitive to much-highs.
- Tight bass
- Transparent sound
- Good recovery of details
- Great extention of high
- Seperation sound ( guittars don't touch crash, hi-hat etc. Is hard this part in metal music, in rock, jazz i think is more eas because is more slow. )
I like aggresive iems.

Thanks for all !
1000usd - max 2000usd ~

Hi bro, we actually have almost the same gear... Ibasso  Dx200 and SE846.. except that I use the upgrade cable from Fiio which is SPC.

From your target cable, Eros +, I havent tried it, but I have tried other cables from EA, Lionheart, Leonidas, Thor during Canjam Singapore last 2 weeks... I found them great and I love them all.

Clean and detailed, separation is there.

The Eros+ being hybrid, I can compare to same type being hybrid to another cable I have tried from different brand.
The cable I tried is similar specs and I can justify being neutral I can hear the bass clearly, the kickdrums and snare is balanced not to piercing.
The GUitar distortion is clear and does not sound thin (I tried tornado of souls by Megadeth).
For vocals I tried Journey's usual songs, and I find it clear too. the synths appeared clear and separation of it from guitar rythms and layers is defined.
Bass guitars also is clear and I can hear what is being played note per note. (I also tried Periphery, Nightwish and Kamelot on this)

I you are sensitive to highs, you are good to have hybrid since you need to push a bit of low and mids by the copper.
Adding silver makes neutral since using copper only will probabaly strange too you since the coloring is so much strong.

I would say go for it or try at first hybrids... have copper and silver alone not SPC.

Being in the similar genre, I am too planning to go for hybrid soon.

Hope this helps.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #5,366 of 22,021

Hi bro, we actually have almost the same gear... Ibasso  Dx200 and SE846.. except that I use the upgrade cable from Fiio which is SPC.

From your target cable, Eros +, I havent tried it, but I have tried other cables from EA, Lionheart, Leonidas, Thor during Canjam Singapore last 2 weeks... I found them great and I love them all.

Clean and detailed, separation is there.

The Eros+ being hybrid, I can compare to same type being hybrid to another cable I have tried from different brand.
The cable I tried is similar specs and I can justify being neutral I can hear the bass clearly, the kickdrums and snare is balanced not to piercing.
The GUitar distortion is clear and does not sound thin (I tried tornado of souls by Megadeth).
For vocals I tried Journey's usual songs, and I find it clear too. the synths appeared clear and separation of it from guitar rythms and layers is defined.
Bass guitars also is clear and I can hear what is being played note per note. (I also tried Periphery, Nightwish and Kamelot on this)

I you are sensitive to highs, you are good to have hybrid since you need to push a bit of low and mids by the copper.
Adding silver makes neutral since using copper only will probabaly strange too you since the coloring is so much strong.

I would say go for it or try at first hybrids... have copper and silver alone not SPC.

Being in the similar genre, I am too planning to go for hybrid soon.

Hope this helps.

A friend sell me the eros II+ for 115~ usd, i think is really good price haha. I waiting for dx200 in my country  :/.
But shure se846 can do good job with dx200? i like the shure se846 but my hype is higher
thanks

I read ibasso dx200 bass is tight, match with se846.. the bass is tight, right?

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #5,367 of 22,021

A friend sell me the eros II+ for 115~ usd, i think is really good price haha. I waiting for dx200 in my country  :/.
But shure se846 can do good job with dx200? i like the shure se846 but my hype is higher
thanks

SE846 will do good in any source as designed.

Yes DX200 is a good match, in my personal opinion. This is a great DAP for its sound, some of the reviewers here align its sound to known high priced DAPs.

You can try Windows X modificaton of DX200's firmware and see if it suits your preference in sound/ Then if yes, you can also go for his advanced ROM.

Yup bass is tight, I am satisfied. Not boomy but spread out accordingly refined.

As for me, I  like to go with the record and artist intended sound expression to the audience.
And for IEM selection, I could not comment much as I havent tried much selection.

Cheerio Amigo :wink:

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #5,368 of 22,021
Yes, but he usually leaves the thread once his interest fades. No offense meant (thus the smiley
biggrin.gif
).

At this stage, I am not finding the pairing that makes me want to go back to the DX200. @AnakChan Maybe I should try dynamic drivers. I have nothing to say against the sound of the DX200, it sounds clean, detailed, spacious. However, I feel more involved with the LPG and WM1Z at this stage. I am also hoping to try future amp modules.

Did you get a chance to try with dynamic driver earphones?

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #5,369 of 22,021
Hello peeps...

I'm trying to flash to V2.0.78beta...

Can it be done via Factory Tool (v1.39).? In other words, do I have to flash using Factory Tool first to previous version v1.3.6 then use system update (via SD card on DX200) to update to v2.0.78beta?

What I've done so far...

1. Downloaded v2.0.78beta
2. Unzip (and see a ...ota.zip file and ReadMe file)
3. Unzip ...ota.zip furhter (to see boot.img file)

I tried to load the boot.img file (under step 12, "Add Firmware"

But I'm getting error... "Error: Loading Firmware Failed"...

I'm trying to make a 'clean' flash (i.e. to load directly using Factory Tool).

Any input much appreciated...

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #5,370 of 22,021
  Hello peeps...

I'm trying to flash to V2.0.78beta...

Can it be done via Factory Tool (v1.39).? In other words, do I have to flash using Factory Tool first to previous version v1.3.6 then use system update (via SD card on DX200) to update to v2.0.78beta?

What I've done so far...

1. Downloaded v2.0.78beta
2. Unzip (and see a ...ota.zip file and ReadMe file)
3. Unzip ...ota.zip furhter (to see boot.img file)

I tried to load the boot.img file (under step 12, "Add Firmware"

But I'm getting error... "Error: Loading Firmware Failed"...

I'm trying to make a 'clean' flash (i.e. to load directly using Factory Tool).

Any input much appreciated...

I don't think there's a need to do step 3. Just the 1st level unzip of the Readme and the ota.zip and dump that ota.zip onto the sd card. Let the DX200 unzip the ota.zip instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back