DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 14, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #4,201 of 22,021
Definitely agree trying before buying. The wm1z is not for everyone to like. As a reference listener the wm1z/a are just not for me. They lack the TOTL analytical ability and soundstage and separation. On the other hand, DX200 is really on point on that. When there are many instruments playing in the soundtrack, I can easily search for each individual instrument with dx200, but not with wm1z/a. However, wm1z/a are hands down the best choice for warm and bassy sounding DAPs.

Not sure if it's bassy. I found that WM1A has a more full bodied low and thicker lows on vocal make's female sounds more sexy.
It is good for classical it has those concert hall atmosphere sound at the same time it's detailed. Very Live and natural feeling.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #4,202 of 22,021
  Does anyone has problems with popping noise when playing flac files?  Other files are fine, just flac 24/192.

You mean popping noise during the song playback or changing-song period?

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #4,203 of 22,021
Not sure if it's bassy. I found that WM1A has a more full bodied low and thicker lows on vocal make's female sounds more sexy.
It is good for classical it has those concert hall atmosphere sound at the same time it's detailed. Very Live and natural feeling.
simply stated, it has bass.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #4,204 of 22,021
Ohm on balanced and unbalanced?
Read .cue?
How is the hiss compared to cowon plenue m2?
Thanks

If my measurements are correct, it should be less than 0.5 Ohms at the unbalanced output. I don't know about the balanced one but think that it should be quite low as well (maybe Paul could give us some official nummbers?).

To my ears, using the very sensitive Shure SE846 or Ostry C06A, the is only such little hiss audible from the single-ended output ghat it is negligible. It's ever so slightly more quiet than the Plenue M2 to my ears.
There is a little more hiss through the balanced output (note that I'm using the Fidue SIRIUS to test that one since I'm personaly not really a fan of balanced outputs if the single-ended pndant can be just as good) but it is still relatively small.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #4,205 of 22,021

You mean popping noise during the song playback or changing-song period?

Yes during chaning song is normal, which I also have.  But I also have it when during song playback randomly.  That is sometimes there will be 4-5 pops within 2 minutes.  But sometimes it will be with no pop at all for the entire song.

And it only happens when playing flac files.  I have no such problem when playing ALAC, which is 90% of my music.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #4,206 of 22,021
I am getting cold feet now because of the less bass. I thought Mojo had less bass

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #4,207 of 22,021

Yes during chaning song is normal, which I also have.  But I also have it when during song playback randomly.  That is sometimes there will be 4-5 pops within 2 minutes.  But sometimes it will be with no pop at all for the entire song.

And it only happens when playing flac files.  I have no such problem when playing ALAC, which is 90% of my music.

Happen to me for FLAC 24/96 and 24/192 as well for android mango player. But in Pure mode, it will not have this issue.

Already raise issue to Paul. Hope it will fix soon. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #4,209 of 22,021
If my measurements are correct, it should be less than 0.5 Ohms at the unbalanced output. I don't know about the balanced one but think that it should be quite low as well (maybe Paul could give us some official nummbers?).

To my ears, using the very sensitive Shure SE846 or Ostry C06A, the is only such little hiss audible from the single-ended output ghat it is negligible. It's ever so slightly more quiet than the Plenue M2 to my ears.
There is a little more hiss through the balanced output (note that I'm using the Fidue SIRIUS to test that one since I'm personaly not really a fan of balanced outputs if the single-ended pndant can be just as good) but it is still relatively small.

I thought the hiss on balanced output is less :/
I use shure se846 + cowon PM2, PM2 is One of the few dap wich have a less hiss, if dx200 have less hiss is a good for me.

But we need oficial number of ohms from @Paul - iBasso

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #4,210 of 22,021
Has anyone in the UK managed to get hold of one of these yet? I have had a pre-order in with AMP3 for a few weeks now but they are still awaiting stock. I know CNY will have had an impact but I notice retailers in France have it in stock so I may have to place an order with them.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #4,212 of 22,021
  Has anyone in the UK managed to get hold of one of these yet? I have had a pre-order in with AMP3 for a few weeks now but they are still awaiting stock. I know CNY will have had an impact but I notice retailers in France have it in stock so I may have to place an order with them.

Which online French retailers have it? Cheers

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #4,213 of 22,021

Which online French retailers have it? Cheers

http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/dap-digital-audio-player/ibasso-dx200-baladeur-hifi-dac-32bit384khz-dsd512-es9028pro-x2-balanced-p-11710.html

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #4,214 of 22,021
can we install usb audio player on it? As when I tried it I only was able to use the stock player as it belonged to another person, so i could not try things out the way I like to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back