DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 11, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #4,096 of 22,021
Hi all, I'm not sure if it's been raised already but when browsing Artists in Mango pure player, we get the list of albums from selected Artist. In Android player, we get all tracks instead of the albums. It makes browsing an artist/album difficult.
Is it a bug? Is there a setting to change this behavior?

Glad you're up and running again. +1 on the artist/album frustration. Not easy in Android mode, and album tracks get put out of order. In Mango mode works fine until powered off, when tracks get rearranged alphabetically on restart. Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in next FW. Personally, I also like the inclusion of "album artist" rather than just "artist" when searching via artist. Maybe I am just too antiquated, still listening to albums rather than tracks or playlists....!

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #4,098 of 22,021
So how much better is this than x1? Worth the upgrade?

likely to be a huge upgrade. 
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,100 of 22,021
What I love about this player is there's zero interference sounds. My mojo gets so much between songs and at low level, this device gives me everything in one place without the noise apart from awesome sounding music.

Exactly, iBasso took interference/noise seriously in designing DX200. I have not hears any form of noise creeping into the music like other DAP/sources are currently suffering. DX200 and LPG are completely immune to external noise. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #4,102 of 22,021
Agree, I can hear only glitch sounds when changing song. Other than that is gone to nowhere
smily_headphones1.gif

Fortunately, the glitch only appears before the song begins and after the previous one ends. So it's not annoying for me. It is sometimes nice that I can tell the sampling rate changed compared to the previous song.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #4,103 of 22,021
So how much better is this than x1? Worth the upgrade?

As in Fiio X1?  You are talking about entry level audio player vs flagship summit-fi level DAP
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #4,104 of 22,021
When using DX200 I don't have the need for any external Amp or DAC/amp since I find it driving everything from sensitive IEMs to some of my demanding cans with authority, but regardless of that, DX200 still has plenty of connection options to either use LO with your own external amp (bypassing the internal amp), or SPDIF (either coax or optical) to drive external DAC/amp while using DX200 as a transport.

Just did some testing with Micro iDSD where I found everything to perform as expected.  Using LO, I found output to be adjustable (not fixed), right away DX200 recognized that line out is connected and was showing it when I was adjusting the volume on the DAP; very clean transparent output of ES9028Pro dacs with a warmer amp section of Micro (vs more reference DX200 sound).  Using DX200 as a transport from SPDIF, output is fixed and you can either use coax or optical cable, no need to set anything, everything works as is.  Personally, I always find optical digital connection to be cleaner and more transparent in comparison to a warmer smoother sound when using coax cable.  Btw, a short high quality rigid coax cable is included with DX200, while a short optical interconnect cable is included when you purchase DX200 on Amazon.

Choose your connection/cable of choice:

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #4,106 of 22,021
Another member just loaned me the dx200, how do I make sure im getting the most out of its sound quality capabilities? Will Tidal HIFI demonstrate this DAP to its fullest?

Mm..I don't see any reason why Tidal will not fully work with the DX 200. Afaik, once properly installed, Tidal works flawlessly in whatever device, portable or otherwise, it is installed. It is just another streaming service for music. About the only issues I am aware of are related to wifi signal problems or router settings specific to some Tidal subscribers. For Tidal app settings, just set Wifi or cellular streaming to the maximum allowed by your subscription plan and that's it.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #4,107 of 22,021
Sorry Onkyo x1

If you have a mix of sensitive iems up to high-impedance cans DX200 surely is an upgrade over DP-X1/A. Overall, DX200 seems to give a larger soundstage and a slightly better definition especially in the low end. 

However, depending on the iems/heaphones you use the difference may be subtle to non existent or not often discernible. e.g. with my NT-6, I can't hear that much difference between the 2. I thought I hear subtle difference but I'm sure it will be gone if I do a blind AB comparison. However, using my T8ieMKII, I can always find a difference and always prefer the DX200 even if I deliverately lower the volume on DX200 against DP-X1. The DX200 allows T8iemkii to bring out the subtle nuances especially in the bass which on DP-X1A are not easily noticeable.

It's up to you what your priority is. Also take note that UI-wise, DP-X1/A is more mature and supports more features than DX200. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #4,108 of 22,021
hay guys i have couple of questions...

How is the se compared to the balanced on the dx 200 ?

Does the se Output has significantly worse soundstage or other characteristics ?

I currently own the astel & kern ak 300 (still can return it) and would the dx 200 be an upgrade ?

i have bright headphones like th 900 or final Audio fi ba ss and was satisfied with the warm Sounding ak 300

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #4,109 of 22,021
  hay guys i have couple of questions...

How is the se compared to the balanced on the dx 200 ?

Does the se Output has significantly worse soundstage or other characteristics ?

I currently own the astel & kern ak 300 (still can return it) and would the dx 200 be an upgrade ?

i have bright headphones like th 900 or final Audio fi ba ss and was satisfied with the warm Sounding ak 300

I wrote a comparison between the two units. Keep in mind the comparison is a reflection of my preferences.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3255#post_13211110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back