DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 11, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #4,081 of 22,021
hi while we are at bass topic i want to hear your opinion about the bass on dx200. unfortunately i haven't got a chance to audition dx200 but my friend with a similar taste has. and he said that the bass decay of dx200 is quite slow hence not quite suitable for fast paced music such as metal and punk rock. can anyone chime in about this matter? thank you very much

I will have the DX200 tomorrow. I can give you an opinion but AFAIK the device has digital filters that would definitely impact the perceived bass. The filters in part accelerate or delay rolloff depending on what you want. You should ask your friend what filter setting is being used and consider that before concluding anything. My EX1000 IEM are EQ'd a tad and it is a chosen sound for them based on my tastes. Changing the filters on another DAP made very clear sonic differences to the point I switched back to default setting then to another I liked.

It is definitely as perceptible as adjusting an EQ.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #4,083 of 22,021
 I will have the DX200 tomorrow. I can give you an opinion but AFAIK the device has digital filters that would definitely impact the perceived bass. The filters in part accelerate or delay rolloff depending on what you want. You should ask your friend what filter setting is being used and consider that before concluding anything. My EX1000 IEM are EQ'd a tad and it is a chosen sound for them based on my tastes. Changing the filters on another DAP made very clear sonic differences to the point I switched back to default setting then to another I liked.

I can't hear any difference at all with the digital filters. I use Android mode only.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,084 of 22,021

I don't really know the process of filter but I can hear change when I play with filter :)

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #4,085 of 22,021
I can't hear any difference at all with the digital filters. I use Android mode only.

Most of the effects of the digital filters are on the very high frequencies on either side of 20 Khz. Perhaps your hearing is not acute at those frequencies or your phones are incapable of reproducing them at an audible level ???

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,086 of 22,021
Most of the effects of the digital filters are on the very high frequencies on either side of 20 Khz. Perhaps your hearing is not acute at those frequencies or your phones are incapable of reproducing them at an audible level ???

20 Khz, that explains it. Thanks. I can't hear anything above 14 Khz. I am way past 40 with mild tinnitus :).

A follow up on the U12. I have been using the B1 module since the day I got the U12. Almost forgot all about the S1 module. Just spent 30 min with this module. Of course not night and day difference but slightly more bass and slightly less mids/highs. I think I prefer the S1 module with the DX200.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #4,087 of 22,021
I hear the difference but they're subtle changes only, I would not question anyone who cannot hear them as they're not obvious like using EQ or something along those lines. In the case of the filters, it will also depend how revealing your IEM/headphones are, much of the time something brighter leaning transparency may pick up the changes more. If you were using something like a mainstream Sony headphone, all that warmth, bass, thickness there's a good chance you may not hear any changes at all. Myself, I do prefer the default filter (4), but even with my Tralucent earphones at work probably wouldn't even know if someone changed it without my looking.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #4,088 of 22,021
20 Khz, that explains it. Thanks. I can't hear anything above 14 Khz. I am way past 40 with mild tinnitus
smily_headphones1.gif

A follow up on the U12. I have been using the B1 module since the day I got the U12. Almost forgot all about the S1 module. Just spent 30 min with this module. Of course not night and day difference but slightly more bass and slightly less mids/highs. I think I prefer the S1 module with the DX200.

i think its more about having a better THD due to harmonic suppression and non aliasing, might be wrong though.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4,089 of 22,021
I had extreme and severe lag, and after troubleshooting with Paul, we came to the conclusion that my device is defective and it's been returned for exchange. It's obviously an isolated issue.

I received today a replacement unit from iBasso, and the issue I had on the previous unit is now a past thing ... the GUI is fast and responsive.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #4,090 of 22,021
Hi all, I'm not sure if it's been raised already but when browsing Artists in Mango pure player, we get the list of albums from selected Artist. In Android player, we get all tracks instead of the albums. It makes browsing an artist/album difficult.
Is it a bug? Is there a setting to change this behavior?

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #4,095 of 22,021
What I love about this player is there's zero interference sounds. My mojo gets so much between songs and at low level, this device gives me everything in one place without the noise apart from awesome sounding music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back