DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 12, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #4,126 of 22,021
No the OP was referring to to DP-X1. This post

I agree, hyperbole is notthing but ...

I know.
I mean audio123 may not see the post pfurey mention dp x1. audio123 thought x1 is fiio x1 instead.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #4,127 of 22,021
Sorry but this isn't true. DX200 have better soundstage and imaging also better bass but Onkyo still sounds great comparing to iBasso. The differences are not like night and day.

My impressions differ, after a year with DP-X1 (japanese version, no volume cap btw), and a well burned-in DX200 and some time A/B'ing no way you could be mistaken in a blind test. The only way DX200 sounds similar to DP-X1 is when it's out of the box and the amp section is not burned in. 

Otherwise the headroom alone is just night and day (IMHO), but that's true with most DAP you'll compare it to. For me DX200 is more competition to DP-X1 + Mojo than DP-X1 alone. Other than this, it sounds much fuller to me and more musical and not by a small margin. Soundstage and imaging for me it's not that clear cut DP-X1 is pretty good already, that not a differenciating factor.

I am not saying the DP-X1 is a bad DAP I have been pretty happy with it for a year, just that for not so much more price wise, you get much more sound wise.

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #4,131 of 22,021
I am hearing static when the wifi is toggled on. What may cause this? it's really annoying :frowning2:

When I using Noble Katana with silver balance cable I can hear the noise when wifi is active but the noise is still tolerable.

When I change to the stock single ended cable I cannot hear the static noise when wifi is active.

I think DX200 is the most quiet DAP that I have ever try.

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4,133 of 22,021
I listened to the dx200 using stock music app. and actually it sounds nice, yes the eq is not that great, but the thought that a parametric eq will be introduced might make a difference to me at least. DX200 compared to fiio x7, the dx200 is way way way better sounding. the x7 sounds so synthsized and digital and I despite it now, worst sound I ever heard from a dap. 

I am just going to wait if they will add a parametric eq and then make my decision, as I like bass and I need a solid eq to achieve good bass quantity and impact, and with the eq now I am not achieving the bass I want

But after the parametric eq gets introduced I will try it again and see how things will work out

Until now only cowon daps could meet my bass needs via its dsp 

Also soon I will listen to fiio x5iii and see what will I hear there

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #4,134 of 22,021
When I using Noble Katana with silver balance cable I can hear the noise when wifi is active but the noise is still tolerable.

When I change to the stock single ended cable I cannot hear the static noise when wifi is active.

I think DX200 is the most quiet DAP that I have ever try.

Thanks for your reply. I am using Noble K10U. Sorry but it's very annoying. Have had no issue with DAP's like Sony ZX1, ZX2 or AK100II when wi-fi was turned on.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #4,138 of 22,021
Thats more than a normal hissing it's static. It's like a bad radio signal in the background that comes in when i am streaming or downloading a content on Tidal ect.

Have you tried a firmware update and factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,140 of 22,021
Thanks for your reply. I am using Noble K10U. Sorry but it's very annoying. Have had no issue with DAP's like Sony ZX1, ZX2 or AK100II when wi-fi was turned on.

Maybe you should try it with another DX200 unit if it possible to see if your unit is not faulty because my DX200 is quiet when wifi is active there is no static noise when using Noble Katana with the stock cable, I can hear the static wifi noise if I using Katana with Effect Audio Thor Silver II+ balance cable but the noise is on minimum level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back