DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 9, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #4,006 of 22,021
I will be on a trip in Singapore and Hong Kong in March and want to use a micro sd card with songs already installed on the card to test a DX200.  How should I format the card?  Is there a recommended arrangement for songs such as one main folder with sub-folders of artist and albums or lots of artists folders with album sub-folders or some other recommended arrangement.  I would prefer to order a DX200 and get it delivered in time for this trip, but I don't think that I can get one delivered in time.

Thanks for any advice on this subject.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,007 of 22,021
  How should I format the card?

200GB flash cards are formatted with exFAT out of the box, and DX200 should take it as is. Then organize your music files as you like: using Directory browser, you should have access to any album/track, in case of possible taggings problems that could prevent you using Artist/Album/Genre access from the library.

iBasso players are not of kind "FAT32 only, 2 levels of directories only, etc" stuff :)

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #4,008 of 22,021
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,009 of 22,021
  Guys, can DX200 transmit audio via Bluetooth while in DAC mode (When playing something from PC)?

Sadly no. Hope they implement this in near future fw update

Well, that won't make sense. You want to use DX200 because you want it to decode the digital audio data and listen though it's analog stage. 

It will be as good as connecting your bluetooth headphone directly to your PC. So it will be a useless feature.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #4,012 of 22,021
200GB flash cards are formatted with exFAT out of the box, and DX200 should take it as is. Then organize your music files as you like: using Directory browser, you should have access to any album/track, in case of possible taggings problems that could prevent you using Artist/Album/Genre access from the library.

iBasso players are not of kind "FAT32 only, 2 levels of directories only, etc" stuff :)

Thanks

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,018 of 22,021

It's been already for sale in US for over a week. HERE, on Amazon from an authorized iBasso dealer (with free shipping), listed as available in stock.

18% restocking fee though. And only standard shipping with delivery Feb 16-24

As far as I know, this is the only official source from iBasso US distributor available at the current moment.  Unless @Paul - iBasso can add to this, if you want to order from US, it's probably your only option.

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #4,019 of 22,021
I think you're right. I've had the DX200 in the shopping cart a few times already, but with the essentially "no-return" policy and a two week wait I never pulled the trigger. I've been hoping that some other source pops up, maybe @Paul - iBasso can provide some more info and availability and dealers???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back