DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 9, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #3,991 of 22,021
or at least something like ibasso store which is a simulation of application market. :D

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #3,992 of 22,021
Do you think we'll ever get the Google Playstore on DX200 in future firmware. Is their some licensing reason why or legal cause? 

I've seen a few DAPs getting around with it the last few years, why not DX200?

I really hope they don't do this. When you have the "license" from Google to use the Play Store, you are obligated to install all the crap that came with Google, like in Android phones. Onkyo did this.
It's better have an alternative store or just get the apk. Today is very easily to get using apkmirror or other.

The only bad thing is with programs that you bought, like Neutron, for example.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3,993 of 22,021
I really hope they don't do this. When you have the "license" from Google to use the Play Store, you are obligated to install all the crap that came with Google, like in Android phones. Onkyo did this.
It's better have an alternative store or just get the apk. Today is very easily to get using apkmirror or other.

The only bad thing is with programs that you bought, like Neutron, for example.

From using Fiio x5iii before this one, x5iii have play store but I haven't seen foreground craps you said, maybe some are running in background or integreated with system.

Maybe Ibasso can go on the same way by having play store but didn't install unneccessary craps ?

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #3,994 of 22,021
If modders can make decent custom ROMs and port a custom recovery like TWRP to the DX200, getting Google Play to work would be much easier. If you want Google Apps, you can flash any one of the packages offered by opengapps.org. If you just want bare minimal Google Play functionality, you can simply use their Pico package and then install Neutron or any other applications from Play Store.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #3,996 of 22,021
From using Fiio x5iii before this one, x5iii have play store but I haven't seen foreground craps you said, maybe some are running in background or integreated with system.

Maybe Ibasso can go on the same way by having play store but didn't install unneccessary craps ?

X5 III doesn't have Chrome, Play Music, Youtube and others programas installed?

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,997 of 22,021
I think if we just want a decent music player we do not need Playstore, but iBasso need to work hard improving the Mango player to satisfy everyone needs. DX200 has really good start, the software is pretty stable.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #3,998 of 22,021
Well, I got the screenshots sorted out.

Installed an apk and tinkered around. Easiest way getting them back on my computer was via bluetooh.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #3,999 of 22,021
Why we need an Android mode if no Play Store?? I cannot install paid app without it...

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #4,001 of 22,021
Feb 9, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #4,002 of 22,021
Why we need an Android mode if no Play Store?? I cannot install paid app without it...

I agree- we have phones and tablets for that stuff - why burden a player with stuff you don't need to play music, and that may degrade the sonic performance?  Just my 2 cents worth

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,004 of 22,021
  So when are going to see a few more of them on sale in the US?

It's been already for sale in US for over a week. HERE, on Amazon from an authorized iBasso dealer (with free shipping), listed as available in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back